• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

None Shall Pass...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rb

kamara
cook
mixon
jacobs
CEH
sanders

WR

godwin
evans
ODB
cooper
juju
robinson
:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB
Kamara
Mixon
Chubb
Jones
Clyde
Sanders

WR
Hill
Godwin
Golladay
Cooper
JJSS
Robinson

:2cents:

rb

kamara
cook
mixon
jacobs
CEH
sanders

WR

godwin
evans
ODB
cooper
juju
robinson
:suds:

TKO,
molsan,

for this season, I wanted you guys to rank the 6 that do not make the cut.
So at this point you cannot change your picks, but I will allow you to rank them.
Most likely to miss the cut should be ranked 1. Least likely to miss should be 6.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO,
molsan,

for this season, I wanted you guys to rank the 6 that do not make the cut.
So at this point you cannot change your picks, but I will allow you to rank them.
Most likely to miss the cut should be ranked 1. Least likely to miss should be 6.

I'll just stick with what I had... week one has pulverized my confidence on projections anyway

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @HaroldSeattle @SmokingMonkey @jwolt92 @Stomp @ehb5 @MilkSpiller22 @TKOSpikes @molsaniceman

Ok gents. You probably all forgot about this game.
And for good reason. With the injuries to McCaffrey, Barkley and Thomas, that wiped out 3 players which everyone had pegged to finish in the top 12. The final standard scoring is at the right.

1611005046063.png

'Twas another typical year. As much as it is hard to believe heading into a new season, only 58% of the RB finished well and a dismal 42% of the WR finished as planned.

Of the 10 of you that submitted entries, 7 of us collectively had 7 correct players (comprised of 4 RB and 3 WR).
The other 3 (ehb5, milk and joe) had 8 correct players (comprised of 4 RB and 4 WR).
So it's a good thing I had all of you rank your bottom 6 misses because they served as the tiebreakers.
To that end, ehb5 had 2 tiebreakers ranked closer than milk and joe.

CONGRATS EHB5!

Here's the skinny of finishes:
2015 - RB 25% (3 of 12); WR 50% (6 of 12)
2016 - RB 50% (6 of 12); WR 42% (5 of 12) SteelersPride & TKOSpikes tied with 8 correct.
2017 - RB 67% (8 of 12); WR 42% (5 of 12) No game.
2018 - RB 67% (8 of 12); WR 67% (8 of 12) @ehb5 won with the most correct (5).
2019 - RB 50% (6 of 12); WR 33% (4 of 12) Barilko won with only 1 wrong player.
2020 - RB 58% (7 of 12); WR 42% (5 of 12) ehb5 won with 8 correct players and 2 tie-breaker players.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @HaroldSeattle @SmokingMonkey @jwolt92 @Stomp @ehb5 @MilkSpiller22 @TKOSpikes @molsaniceman

Ok gents. You probably all forgot about this game.
And for good reason. With the injuries to McCaffrey, Barkley and Thomas, that wiped out 3 players which everyone had pegged to finish in the top 12. The final standard scoring is at the right.

'Twas another typical year. As much as it is hard to believe heading into a new season, only 58% of the RB finished well and a dismal 42% of the WR finished as planned.

Of the 10 of you that submitted entries, 7 of us collectively had 7 correct players (comprised of 4 RB and 3 WR).
The other 3 (ehb5, milk and joe) had 8 correct players (comprised of 4 RB and 4 WR).
So it's a good thing I had all of you rank your bottom 6 misses because they served as the tiebreakers.
To that end, ehb5 had 2 tiebreakers ranked closer than milk and joe.

CONGRATS EHB5!

2020 - RB 58% (7 of 12); WR 42% (5 of 12) ehb5 won with 8 correct players and 2 tie-breaker players.
I missed out on this one this year...but I would've failed miserably, so..yay me?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also known as the "Math is a Wonderful Thing" Game and the "50/50 Game" from years gone by.

Let's make this official. Here are the current top 12 RB and WR being drafted per Fantasy Pros' ADP for standard scoring. It may be hard to imagine even before the season starts, yet historically, about HALF will not finish in the top 12 at their position by the end of the 2021 season.

For this season, in the event that less than half don't make it, please rank all 12 players starting with the most-likely to miss at 1 down to the least-likely to miss at 12. You can make as many adjustments as you want until kickoff on September 9th.

1627422169828.png

@Shanemansj13 @HaroldSeattle @SmokingMonkey @jwolt92 @Stomp @ehb5 @MilkSpiller22 @TKOSpikes @molsaniceman @TREFF
...and anybody else not sitting on a cushion!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also known as the "Math is a Wonderful Thing" Game and the "50/50 Game" from years gone by.

Let's make this official. Here are the current top 12 RB and WR being drafted per Fantasy Pros' ADP for standard scoring. It may be hard to imagine even before the season starts, yet historically, about HALF will not finish in the top 12 at their position by the end of the 2021 season.

For this season, in the event that less than half don't make it, please rank all 12 players starting with the most-likely to miss at 1 down to the least-likely to miss at 12. You can make as many adjustments as you want until kickoff on September 9th.

@Shanemansj13 @HaroldSeattle @SmokingMonkey @jwolt92 @Stomp @ehb5 @MilkSpiller22 @TKOSpikes @molsaniceman @TREFF
I really like this contest because it's hard to decide on how to rank them, really hard.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rb
1. Eckeler -gets injured again
2. Barkley -trouble bouncing back from injury
3. A. Jones -AJ Dillon combined with Rodgers ego on his stat sheet
4. Kamara - no Brees, Winston is not a check down guy, Hill would rather run it himself
5. Gibson- Fitz inevitably does something that forces a lesser QB into the mix and the offense sputters
6. J. Taylor - Rivers led a decent offense, Wentz might not
7. C. McCaffrey- no faith in Darnold, and CMAC hasn't truly been seen without a running QB to help him out yet.
8. Mixon - if Burrows can play 17, and he can play 17, he could be huge...both big ifs
9. D. Cook - dudes a stud but not built for 25+ touches and 17 games, but he might do enough in 3/4 of a season to still be top 5
10. D. Henry - only thing holding him back from a 3rd consecutive rushing title is injury
11. Zeke Elliott- Dak returns, Dallas was on pace to shatter virtually all offensive records before he went down, and everyone is back
12. Chubb - my prediction for RB#1 this year.

WR
1. NUK - is he a man of conviction? Or does he cave to the jab?
2. AROB-. just don't see the rookie floating him
3. C. Ridley- is he consistently the man without a HOF on the opposite side?
4. Mike Evans - I'm still on the train that says Brady's best game is more suited for Godwin and Brown..and Brown will be there all year this time.
5. McLaurin- see above with Gibson..same thing
6. D.K. Metcalf - establish it, v. ???.0. If it ever sticks
7. Diggs - I still think last years was somewhat of a fluke. We'll see if defenses figure out he's all they've got other than Allen's legs
8. K. Allen - Herbert might hit a Lil soph. slump
9. D. Adams - banking on Rodgers ego feeding this guy another 8 goaline TDs
10. AJ Brown. Titans don't pass much, but when they do, with Julio around, you can no longer double team Brown and hope a former first round bust doesn't wake up on the other side
11. TyReek - long as his hammys hold up, onstoppable. Period
12. J. Jefferson - will join the ranks of the elite in his second year, maybe even be the best of them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD:
1) ECKELER- I see some injuries slowing him down
2) BARKLEY-He's going to take time to recover, might be mid season before he hits his strides
3) KAMARA- The QB situation is going to mean way fewer TDs and less receptions
4) GIBSON-Doubt he can do as well as last season. He'll have to show me.
5) A. JONES- I see a committee and maybe some minor injury holding him back
6) MIXON-At this point he'll have to show me a full season of getting the job done before I can count on him again.
7) MCCAFFREY-Going to harder with Donald at QB.
8) HENRY-Mostly just be hard to have the type of seasons he had last couple of years
9) ZEKE- Should strut his stuff this season
10) Cook- barring injury he'll remain a stud
11) TAYLOR- Picks off where he did last season for the entire season
12) CHUBB- RB#1 with a bullet

WR:
1) EVANS-Too many weapons on the team and damn it Brady is over due to step off the cliff
2) AJ Brown- Going to be the long ball receiver but his targets take a hit with Julio on the team
3) AROB-New QB brings some problems for ARob
4) K. ALLEN-Injuries
5) RIDLEY- Without Jones he struggles
6) MCLAURIN-Seems about the right spot for him
7) DIGGS- Fluke season last year
8) METCALF-Going to be a run first team and go underneath more often to TEs and RBs or the WR3, but he'll get enough target to shine
9) HOPKINS-I still believe he'll have a outstanding season
10)HILL-He'll do great
11)ADAMS- With Rodgers back he'll shine
12) JJEFFERSON-He's going to another level

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments aren't necessary.
I like them tho.
But still not necessary.
Wonder how many of these guys lose playing time due to a COVID cancellation?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments aren't necessary.
I like them tho.
But still not necessary.
Wonder how many of these guys lose playing time due to a COVID cancellation?
There was some Shefter type dude on the local yokels radio show a couple days ago. (Might even been Schefter, I never caught the name, but he definitely spoke as though he knew his stuff) The way he put it, with the current vaccination rates, he doesn't forsee a single forfiet, rather the rules was put in place in case of a worst case scenario, and they didn't want the confusion they had last year with what to do about it, since there was no actual rule set in place.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB
1. Eckler- This is Standard rankings not PPR... He is just not a strong TD candidate...
2. Kamara- same reason as eckler... but lets include that that offense might just not be good
3. Mixon- he is only this high because just like the rest better... But i do like him a lot this season... he will improve as that offense does
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the rest are much harder and really all based on injuries so, i will rank the rest on who is most likely to get injured IMO... not based on last seasons injuries
4. Barkley
5. Gibson
6. Jones
7. Henry
8. Cook
9. McCaffrey
10. Taylor
11. Zeke
12. Chubb

WR

First off, this group of 12 is harder than ever to choose from... But we gotta play the game...

1. McLaurin- Run First offense, low scoring team, and team has more weapons than last year
2. Keenan Allen- This is standard not PPR, so the fact he is a target monster is irrelevant... For the amount he is targeted he is not a great TD guy... and he is getting older

3. Evans- Offense has too many weapons... Brady is going to regress....

4. Brown- he is a tough case for me to rank, his physical skills make him dominant... but i just dont trust that offense... He is also already banged up... so...
5. Jefferson- although i love the player, and think he is the next stud can be... but i think the vikings are going to be much improved, from last season, and won't need to push the ball as much... will make them more of a running team, and allow them to spread the ball out more

6. Adams- packers offense has to regress from last season...

7. Metcalf- similar to AJ Brown- the physical skills are absolutely elite... him and AJ are the two most dominant WR... but their offenses are what holds them back...

8. Nuke- I do think he is most likely to be WR1... but that is not the name of this exercise... its who is most likely to not be top 12... my 9-12 players, the only way they won't be top 12 is if they get injured....

9. Tyreek- that offense is too elite... and it needs Hill to be elite

10. AROB- no, i dont think he will be a top 5 WR... but to be top 12 will be pretty easy for him... the bears dont have great options around, and they dont have a great defense, so they will need to throw late in games....

11. Diggs- Bills still have no running game... and until that changes, you have to assume they will be one of the most pass heavy teams... that only benefits their clear number one option

12. Ridley- May be one of the worst defenses in football, they have a project RB... and a rookie TE.... if he doesn't get the garbage time yards, then who else will??

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mean to do this every year and always say that I will wait until it is closer to the season starting, then never get around to doing it. So, I will do it early this year to make sure I get it in and if I need to amend something, I will forget to do that before the season starts.

RBs

1. Gibson
2. Taylor - I believe in soph slumps. Not saying everyone will have one, but they do exist.
3. Ekeler - Never bought into him as a featured back.
4. Barkley
5. Henry -
6. Cook -
7. Mixon -
8. McCaffrey - Injuries and large work loads in past years.
9. Kamara
10. AJones
11. Zeke
12. Chubb

WRs

1. Jefferson - Again... I believe
2. Keenan Allen -
3. McLaurin
4. Brown
5. Evans
6. ARob
7. Metcalf
8. Ridley
9. Hill
10. Diggs
11. Hopkins
12. Adams

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB
1. Gibson
2. Ekeler
3. Barkley
4. Taylor
5. Kamara
6. Jones
7. Mixon
8. Chubb
9. McCaffery
10. Elliott
11. Henry
12. Cook

WR
1. Hopkins
2. Evans
3. Jefferson
4. McLaurin
5. Robinson
6. Ridley
7. Brown
8. Allen
9. Adams
10. Metcalf
11. Diggs
12. Hill

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB:

1. Saquon
2. Ekeler
3. Taylor
4. Kamara
5. CMC
6. Elliot
7. Gibson
8. Mixon
9. Jones
10. Chubb
11. Cook
12. Henry

WR:

1. McLaurin
2. Ridley
3. Brown
4. Robinson
5. Evans
6. Allen
7. Hopkins
8. Jefferson
9. Metcalf
10. Hill
11. Adams
12. Diggs

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well make my picks official:

1) Ekeler - to quote every Star Wars character "I have a bad feeling about this."
2) Gibson - McKissic's role seems to be ignored.
3) Taylor - QB strength took a hit, plus Hines and Mack could creep into touches.
4) Barkley - health is still iffy
5) Mixon - I want to believe in him. Hard to trust.
6) Kamara - No Brees.
7) Chubb - Hunt's touches being ignored.
8) CMC
9) Zeke
10) Cook
11) Jones
12) Henry - Julio Jones running down field should open up bigger opportunities.

1) Brown - Julio probably hurts his receptions most.
2) Hopkins - sorry, but AZ has not been kind to him.
3) Allen
4) Ridley - afraid of the Peerless Price effect. Some WR2 who become WR1 don't do well.
5) Metcalf - still a run-first team and Lockett has potential to out-produce him some games.
6) Evans - had no where else to put my uncertainty.
7) Jefferson - Vikings WR seem to alternate peeks. This year might be Thielen. (It happened w/ Diggs on the team.)
8) McClaurin - like his situation with the mad bomber at QB and no depth to challenge.
9) ARob - if he can make the top 10 in 3 years straight with the consensusly bad Trubisky & subpar offense...
10) Hill
11) Diggs
12) Adams

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the AJ Brown doubters pointing at Julio. ..and not anyone specifically, it's just that everyone who has mentioned a comment about Brown, has pointed at Julio.

I really think just how much Corey Davis was involved is being overlooked. He left behind basically 7 targets per game. Julio gets all those, no questions asked. Do y'all really think the Titans WANT to throw more at all? And if they do, why would the force those targets to to a 32 year old, increasingly fragile Julio, rather than Brown? I can't fathom a way Browns targets go down. I can buy they don't increase, that I can agree with..but..no, doesn't make sense that they would be negatively affected at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the AJ Brown doubters pointing at Julio. ..and not anyone specifically, it's just that everyone who has mentioned a comment about Brown, has pointed at Julio.

I really think just how much Corey Davis was involved is being overlooked. He left behind basically 7 targets per game. Julio gets all those, no questions asked. Do y'all really think the Titans WANT to throw more at all? And if they do, why would the force those targets to to a 32 year old, increasingly fragile Julio, rather than Brown? I can't fathom a way Browns targets go down. I can buy they don't increase, that I can agree with..but..no, doesn't make sense that they would be negatively affected at all.
Big talent gap between Davis and even a aging Julio. Julio been a target hog his whole career and I think that continues with the Titans. So yeah I think he gets more targets then Davis by a significant amount and is the WR the QB first looks to in the offense. Last season AJ got more targets then Davis, but not by much. He's not going to get more targets then Julio this season and in fact Julio will be cutting into AJ target total by a good bit while healthy IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big talent gap between Davis and even a aging Julio. Julio been a target hog his whole career and I think that continues with the Titans. So yeah I think he gets more targets then Davis by a significant amount and is the WR the QB first looks to in the offense. Last season AJ got more targets then Davis, but not by much. He's not going to get more targets then Julio this season and in fact Julio will be cutting into AJ target total by a good bit while healthy IMO.
Man I gotta disagree, emphatically. Julio is barely hanging in at this point, and he can't stay in the field, even when he does play, he ain't out there much more than half the snaps it seems...I'd rather have Corey Davis to be honest, from a production and availability standpoint, at this moment in time. But defenses will respect Julio more. I really don't see him getting anything more than Davis got, and if so, it will be fractionally more. I honestly see Julio more as a decoy in this offense to be frank.

Edit..Julio average 7.5 targets a game last year, on a team that throws much more often than Tenn. does...which was only one more than Davis did last year. Just sayin...Julio is not a ten target a game type of go to guy any longer

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans had the third best team offense and it was mostly running the ball. Tannehill was a middle-of-the-pack QB with 481 passing attempts. Maybe Julio is at the twilight of his career. But until he gets hurt, he will be a concern for defenses opposite Brown.

Julio is barely hanging in at this point, and he can't stay in the field
I will concede that he is an injury risk. However, among all WR last year, he averaged 85.7 yards per game. Only 6 WR averaged better. If that's hanging on, I'll take that.