• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non Mariners Offseason Moves

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to play catch up...not that it matters.

Héctor Gómez of Z101 Digital reports that the Marlins and free agent second baseman Jean Segura are in agreement on a two-year, $17 million contract.​

Christina De Nicola of MLB.com has also confirmed the agreement. The Marlins have finally made a move on the free agent market this offseason, prying Segura away from the division-rival Phillies. The veteran infielder, who turns 33 years old in March, hit .277/.336/.387 with 10 homers and 13 steals in 387 plate appearances over 98 games last season for Philadelphia. He was also a key contributor during their unexpected postseason run to the Fall Classic. He'll likely take over as Miami's primary third baseman and offers some appeal in deeper mixed leagues and NL-only formats.

Braves acquired LHP Lucas Luetge from the Yankees for INF Caleb Durbin and RHP Indigo Diaz.​

Luetge heads to the Braves in a small trade after being designated for assignment last week by the Yankees. The 35-year-old veteran southpaw has pitched extremely well over the last two seasons in New York, compiling a stellar 2.71 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 138/32 K/BB ratio across 129 2/3 innings (107 appearances). He'll fortify Atlanta's middle relief depth heading into the 2023 campaign.

Pirates signed LHP Jarlín García to a one-year, $2.5 million contract with a $3.25 million club option for 2024.​

García was a surprise non-tender by the Giants last month and has found a new home with the Pirates. The soon-to-be 30-year-old southpaw figures to serve as a reliable middle reliever for Pittsburgh after compiling a strong 2.84 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 138/43 K/BB ratio across 152 innings (135 appearances) the last three seasons in San Francisco.

ESPN's Jeff Passan reports that the Red Sox have signed Corey Kluber to a one-year contract with a club option for 2024.​

It'll carry a $10 million guarantee between his 2023 salary and the buyout on the $11 million club option for 2024, according to Alex Speier of the Boston Globe. Kluber has struggled to stay healthy in recent years, though he did deliver 164 innings for the Rays in 2022 to the tune of a respectable 4.34 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, and 139/21 K/BB ratio. The 36-year-old former two-time AL Cy Young Award winner can be a solid mid-rotation option for the Sox if he's able to avoid the injured list.

Royals signed RHP Jordan Lyles to a two-year, $17 million contract.​

The deal, which was originally agreed to last week, is now official after Lyles passed his physical. The 32-year-old veteran right-hander will settle in as a back-of-the-rotation stabilizer for the rebuilding Royals after compiling a respectable 4.42 ERA, 1.39 WHIP and 144/52 K/BB ratio across 179 innings (32 starts) last season for the Orioles. He's extremely unlikely to make an impact for fantasy managers outside of AL-only formats.

Rangers signed RHP Nathan Eovaldi to a two-year, $34 million contract.​

The deal, which is now official, also includes a vesting player option for the 2025 season. In one off-season, the Rangers have built a very formidable starting rotation -- with Eovaldi, Jacob deGrom and Andrew Heaney plucked from the free agent market. It appears as though the club believes that their time to compete in the AL West is right now. As for Eovaldi, his fantasy value gets a nice bump leaving the hitter-friendly confines of Fenway Park and moving to a more pitcher-friendly environment in Globe Life Field.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy they are good at this.

Braves signed C Sean Murphy to a six-year, $73 million contract extension.​

The deal -- which was announced by the Braves on Tuesday evening -- buys out all three remaining arbitration-eligible seasons for Murphy and three additional free agent years. The deal also includes a $15 million club option (with no buyout) for the 2029 season. Once again, the Braves are able to lock up a piece of their young core to a long-term deal at what seems to be a terrific discount.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The deal -- which was announced by the Braves on Tuesday evening -- buys out all three remaining arbitration-eligible seasons for Murphy and three additional free agent years. The deal also includes a $15 million club option (with no buyout) for the 2029 season. Once again, the Braves are able to lock up a piece of their young core to a long-term deal at what seems to be a terrific discount.

Yea it's remarkable the young - in house talent they will have on the field playing together likely for the remaining 5-7 years into 2030 or so.

meanwhile ... Dipoto is feverishly shaking his Magic 8 ball trying to come up with the bargain basement / cheapest solution to find any player to toss into the mix and pray for a diamond in the rough result.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like a fair deal honestly. Career .755 OPS and hasnt accomplished a ton.

Catching market is also kinda still unknown for the most part. Only JT Realmuto, Sal Perez and Grandal had sizable deals before this offseason. Although this deal is alot better then the Contreras one.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a fair deal honestly. Career .755 OPS and hasnt accomplished a ton.

Catching market is also kinda still unknown for the most part. Only JT Realmuto, Sal Perez and Grandal had sizable deals before this offseason. Although this deal is alot better then the Contreras one.
My point was targeting good players, obtaining them, and extending them. Dipoto gets credit for Castillo, but not much more than that. Braves seem to do it well. Culture helps and by culture I don't mean just having nice guys but a winning history.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was targeting good players, obtaining them, and extending them. Dipoto gets credit for Castillo, but not much more than that. Braves seem to do it well. Culture helps and by culture I don't mean just having nice guys but a winning history.
Braves have developed very well. We may have our version of Acuna in Julio but do we also have an Albies, Harris or Riley?

Looking at our system, I do not see that at all but hope I am wrong

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves have developed very well. We may have our version of Acuna in Julio but do we also have an Albies, Harris or Riley?

Looking at our system, I do not see that at all but hope I am wrong
No we have maybe once back in the 90's matched the braves in development. They have been masters at it for decades. Not only that, but obtaining the right guys and keeping them. I guess that is what I was admiring. Been a secondary Braves appreciator since the 80's.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main significance of this move is that it means the Mariners are officially dead last in free agent spending.

Great work guys

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main significance of this move is that it means the Mariners are officially dead last in free agent spending.

Great work guys
Yeah but didn’t the Mariners win the international free agent class..I kid

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Eric Hosmer is going to the Cubs for league minimum salary.

The SD Padres have to pay off his next couple years contract due at around $15mil a year or so.
Looks like Chicago got a real bargain.

Hosmer started last season on fire for a couple months then cooled off the remainder, but still finished with an avg around .265ish with over 15HR's.

Not the greatest 1b currently but he does have a few gold gloves on his mantle from just a few years ago.

As cheap as he was at league minimum, how on earth did we not have our dog in that fight? I want to see France DH and have anyone but him playing first base.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SD Padres have to pay off his next couple years contract due at around $15mil a year or so.

Hosmer started last season on fire for a couple months then cooled off the remainder, but still finished with an avg around .265ish with over 15HR's.

Not the greatest 1b currently but he does have a few gold gloves on his mantle from just a few years ago.

As cheap as he was at league minimum, how on earth did we not have our dog in that fight? I want to see France DH and have anyone but him playing first base.
I am guessing the reunion was his wish there.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea but how many luxury boxes could that cost. Cmon use your head!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1