• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nolan or Nico

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair or onesided either way?

to Canucks: #1 overall and #36 (2nd rounder)
to Devils: Chris Tanev and #5 overall

I definitely would not. Tanev is a decent enough player, not sure he's worth dropping 4 spots for and the Devils have enough picks this go around (2 2nds, 2 3rds). Unless they planned on trading back into the first I'm not loving this scenario. Would rather just take the future first line center.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sekeres in the cesspool (who says he is being told this by someone in the know :noidea: ) says the devils are asking for the canucks #5, #33 and #55 overall picks for the #1

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair or onesided either way?

to Canucks: #1 overall and #36 (2nd rounder)
to Devils: Chris Tanev and #5 overall

Seems close at least. In this draft I'd lean towards keeping that package if I'm the Canucks though.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems close at least. In this draft I'd lean towards keeping that package if I'm the Canucks though.

this one scares the fuck out of me ... they need prospect depth that multiple picks in the top 60 could provide

says the devils are asking for the canucks #5, #33 and #55 overall picks for the #1

/but i would be ok with the 55th maybe going to dallas with Tanev for 3rd overall

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sekeres in the cesspool (who says he is being told this by someone in the know :noidea: ) says the devils are asking for the canucks #5, #33 and #55 overall picks for the #1

I would definitely think long and hard about that proposal if I were Shero...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this one scares the fuck out of me ... they need prospect depth that multiple picks in the top 60 could provide

/but i would be ok with the 55th maybe going to dallas with Tanev for 3rd overall
Wouldn't trading Tanev on his own get some prospect depth? In that case losing two second rounders to move up to #1 doesn't hurt so bad considering at least 1 good-to-great prospect would likely need to be a part of any Tanev deal no?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Nico if I had #1, patrick's injury history concerns me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing with Jersey that makes it so difficult to make a deal is that they're a team with a good no. 1 goalie, a top line winger, a blue chip C prospect, some bit parts that might have value on a different team but don't really work out on the Devils and a terrible blue line. Oh, and some Russian who keeps teasing them and the rest of the league.

Where the hell do you even start there? What are Shero's expectations and goals for the next year or two? What are the odds he's just totally clueless right now as to what direction things are headed?

In those circumstances I don't know how trading the 1st overall pick makes any sense at all. There's just too many needs there to risk giving up a possible star.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing with Jersey that makes it so difficult to make a deal is that they're a team with a good no. 1 goalie, a top line winger, a blue chip C prospect, some bit parts that might have value on a different team but don't really work out on the Devils and a terrible blue line. Oh, and some Russian who keeps teasing them and the rest of the league.

Where the hell do you even start there? What are Shero's expectations and goals for the next year or two? What are the odds he's just totally clueless right now as to what direction things are headed?

In those circumstances I don't know how trading the 1st overall pick makes any sense at all. There's just too many needs there to risk giving up a possible star.

The possibly, overly optimistic Devils fan take:

If you take a center here the offense is in pretty good shape for the next few years. Hall and Palmieri are studs, Henrique could be if he gets any consistency and Zajac is a solid albeit not top tier piece. Combine those guys with the youngsters (#1 pick, Zacha, McLeod, Quenneville) and I think they have some good pieces up front.

Goalie is set, that leaves the D. I think signing a guy (Shattenkirk or Alzner?) and trading for one buys you some time to develop some guys back there.

They have a lot of picks, cap room and possibly Kovy to dangle out there so there's some flexibility. All breaks right and I think they could sneak in as an 8 seed (assuming Schneider bounces back). 2-3 years and I think they're in a good spot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The possibly, overly optimistic Devils fan take:

If you take a center here the offense is in pretty good shape for the next few years. Hall and Palmieri are studs, Henrique could be if he gets any consistency and Zajac is a solid albeit not top tier piece. Combine those guys with the youngsters (#1 pick, Zacha, McLeod, Quenneville) and I think they have some good pieces up front.

Goalie is set, that leaves the D. I think signing a guy (Shattenkirk or Alzner?) and trading for one buys you some time to develop some guys back there.

They have a lot of picks, cap room and possibly Kovy to dangle out there so there's some flexibility. All breaks right and I think they could sneak in as an 8 seed (assuming Schneider bounces back). 2-3 years and I think they're in a good spot.
I guess I'm just not as bullish. They're essentially the Red Wings with a goalie. I don't see anything to get too excited about in McLeod - thought he was a bad pick then and little changed in the year since except guys who were taken after him (McAvoy, Chychrun) made instant impacts in the NHL.

Guys like Henrique and Zajac might fetch something in trade, and they should probably try to do so.

I can't imagine how much money it would take to get Shat to Newark but I guess it's possible.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zacha and Hisch would probably become a great 1-2 up the middle but boy is there still a lot to fill out there is all I'm saying.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zacha and Hisch would probably become a great 1-2 up the middle but boy is there still a lot to fill out there is all I'm saying.

I'm not convinced that Zacha will ever be more than a 50 point NHLer. Very solid, no doubt, but not at the top end in terms of #1 Cs. Will Hischier take that mantle? That's very much an unknown at this point. I'd bet on him being a 60+ point player down the line but that will probably not happen for 3-4 years, if ever.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just not as bullish. They're essentially the Red Wings with a goalie. I don't see anything to get too excited about in McLeod - thought he was a bad pick then and little changed in the year since except guys who were taken after him (McAvoy, Chychrun) made instant impacts in the NHL.

Guys like Henrique and Zajac might fetch something in trade, and they should probably try to do so.

I can't imagine how much money it would take to get Shat to Newark but I guess it's possible.

And that's fair. I don't know if any of those guys are more than 2nd liners but they may not need to be. If the first overall pans out then that's your number 1 guy.

Word is Shattenkirk wants to play near home (southern CT) which leaves Devils, Rangers, Isles as frontrunners. Of those 3 Devils can afford an overpay (not sure I'd love it but I could potentially live with it). Then there's always the trade route and with the expansion draft anything is possible.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that Zacha will ever be more than a 50 point NHLer. Very solid, no doubt, but not at the top end in terms of #1 Cs. Will Hischier take that mantle? That's very much an unknown at this point. I'd bet on him being a 60+ point player down the line but that will probably not happen for 3-4 years, if ever.
If Zacha winds up as the 2C long term then yeah probably won't have the linemates to pump his stats much above the 60 pt mark.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just not as bullish. They're essentially the Red Wings with a goalie. .
And a ton of cap space, draft picks and lots of relatively cheap players who are eligible to be exposed who could be flipped with picks to teams that need to move players they cant protect

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a ton of cap space, draft picks and lots of relatively cheap players who are eligible to be exposed who could be flipped with picks to teams that need to move players they cant protect
Yeah but not any players who would necessarily entice teams to deal with NJ rather than dealing directly with Vegas (ie: sending them draft picks or something else) rather than moving them among other teams. Still a chance for some teams with issues to work out deals with other teams (Ottawa, Minny etc.) but a lot of the teams that had concerns (Columbus, Chicago, Anaheim) have already worked out deals with Vegas.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance I'll still be alive in 2059 - I'll probably be senile as hell with a couple of marbles rolling around upstairs.

Where/how you gonna pick up another marble dash? I know a guy

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but not any players who would necessarily entice teams to deal with NJ rather than dealing directly with Vegas (ie: sending them draft picks or something else) rather than moving them among other teams. Still a chance for some teams with issues to work out deals with other teams (Ottawa, Minny etc.) but a lot of the teams that had concerns (Columbus, Chicago, Anaheim) have already worked out deals with Vegas.
and a ton of draft picks and cap space