• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Welker, No Gronk, No Hernandez...No Problem?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is waking up a very pissed football player (not so much human since he has Giselle and all this cash) since there is no Wes Welker, no idea when Gronk will come back (if at all close to his old self) and right now no Hernandez most likely forever....

Are the Patriots in trouble? Is the 2013 season already a bust before it even has begun? Tim Tebow and Pollard as possible starting TE this year? No real big threat WR.... Running game still a question mark.

Is think a 8-8 season that far fetched? Possibly even missing the play-offs?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, the team's twin towers of strength at the tight end position, are both under clouds, a new crew of wide receivers has been brought in to audition and Brady's favorite pass target has been replaced.

"We've had a lot of turnover this year, especially at that position," Brady told reporters about the pack of wide receivers he has been working with in organized workouts. "Really there hasn't been anyone we've thrown to in any game action."

he wide receiver group is a mix of rookies and free agents.

The Patriots are banking on a pair of receivers plucked from the 2013 NFL Draft - Aaron Dobson (second round, 59th overall) and Josh Boyce (fourth round, 102), both with size and speed.

Veterans brought on board to compete for a role on the team include Michael Jenkins, 30, and 25-year-old Donald Jones.

As complements to the tight ends, Casserly thinks the wide outs would be fine.

"But if they have to rely upon Dobson, Boyce and Jones, guys that weren't there last year, that would be a significant challenge for them."

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets take a look at each position.. quickly as it gets close to training camp and cuts are made im sure we will have a lot mroe to say.

qb.. fine.. TB Mallet and Tebow..
rb.. ridley was a 1000 yd rusher still have vareen and got blount.. plus we have versatility if we put tebow as a full back or soemthing.. yes they say he was brought in as a qb but you never know..
wr.. amendola will work out ok, i think he will become the safety blanket but we did get some interesting options in FA and the draft guys that can stretch the field and be capable catchers.. look who we had in the early 2000 brady made them look like gods.. im not concerned with the wr at all
te.. gronk will be back probably after week 6 hopefully full strength and ready if we make the playoffs
hernandez will be gone im sure.. but we still have ballard, still have fells, still have hooratattoi or what ever.. i guess they can but tebow in there if he can catch, hes big enough and more then that dude is an athlete .. we will be ok no need to even approach the proverbial ledge..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Jet fan, I hate the Patriots more than anyother team in sports except maybe the red sox... But Bill belichek is the best coach in football, and it is not even close... He is one of the only coaches that adapts to his team, and not the other way around... He sees where his team is talented at and he will showcase it... So i am sure that the offense will be fine, even with a declining Brady(declining Brady is still a top 10 QB).

It also helps that they are in the worst division in football... they dont need to be great to win the division... and wins creates confidence and confidence + talent creates superstars...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Coach B has a sixth sense and knew Hernandez was going to go "gangsta" and Tebow was really brought in to play TE for real this time?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hernandez did commit the murder.. do you think we will have another suicide watch? I can't see him going to prison...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets take a look at each position.. quickly as it gets close to training camp and cuts are made im sure we will have a lot mroe to say.

qb.. fine.. TB Mallet and Tebow..
rb.. ridley was a 1000 yd rusher still have vareen and got blount.. plus we have versatility if we put tebow as a full back or soemthing.. yes they say he was brought in as a qb but you never know..
wr.. amendola will work out ok, i think he will become the safety blanket but we did get some interesting options in FA and the draft guys that can stretch the field and be capable catchers.. look who we had in the early 2000 brady made them look like gods.. im not concerned with the wr at all
te.. gronk will be back probably after week 6 hopefully full strength and ready if we make the playoffs
hernandez will be gone im sure.. but we still have ballard, still have fells, still have hooratattoi or what ever.. i guess they can but tebow in there if he can catch, hes big enough and more then that dude is an athlete .. we will be ok no need to even approach the proverbial ledge..

Considering I forgot about some of those players you just mentioned... I am a little more confident but not by much. I really don't think defenses will be scared at all with the Patriots offense because there really isn't a "threat there" and will focus soley on Ridley and stopping him. Hopefully Blount doesn't get hurt and has a monster year. Just means there will be even MORE pressure on the OL to protect Brady and open gaps for Ridley, Blount and Vareen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hernandez did commit the murder.. do you think we will have another suicide watch? I can't see him going to prison...

:lol: This very same question was just brought up at work!

I don't think he would be that stupid to do it. Then again he was the idiot that hired the cleaning crew and destroyed all the evidence. WEEI was ripping into his this morning when they played his clip from his signing stating, "he will observe the Patriot Way." - Clearly didn't get that memo!

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I forgot about some of those players you just mentioned... I am a little more confident but not by much. I really don't think defenses will be scared at all with the Patriots offense because there really isn't a "threat there" and will focus soley on Ridley and stopping him. Hopefully Blount doesn't get hurt and has a monster year. Just means there will be even MORE pressure on the OL to protect Brady and open gaps for Ridley, Blount and Vareen.

and most of the recevers that we had last year have not signed with any other team.. stallworth with the redskins.. welker to the brons but stall worth played one snap..

branch and llyod are still out there.. i believe

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Coach B has a sixth sense and knew Hernandez was going to go "gangsta" and Tebow was really brought in to play TE for real this time?

Tebow has only been practicing at QB. Never been never will be on the Tebow bandwagon & think he'll never stoop to playing anything other then God (QB)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow has only been practicing at QB. Never been never will be on the Tebow bandwagon & think he'll never stoop to playing anything other then God (QB)

Unlike last season with the Jets, Tebow will never have the opportunity to start over Brady... He knows that, so if he wants to play this season he must give the patriots a reason... He is smart enough to know this and i dont think he is proud enough to wait for an injury... He will play this season and that is a guarantee, and the patriots want him to play, its just another way to put up the middle finger to the Jets...

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike last season with the Jets, Tebow will never have the opportunity to start over Brady... He knows that, so if he wants to play this season he must give the patriots a reason... He is smart enough to know this and i dont think he is proud enough to wait for an injury... He will play this season and that is a guarantee, and the patriots want him to play, its just another way to put up the middle finger to the Jets...

agreeing with a jets fan.. whats the world coming too... but yes, he was brought in as a qb.. but he will go where ever they put him and do it eagerly.. he knows this is his lost shot to play in the nfl.. no matter what the position.. he will either work at it and succeed or get cut.. plain and simple.. he wants to play , he will play.. just not his favorite position.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreeing with a jets fan.. whats the world coming too... but yes, he was brought in as a qb.. but he will go where ever they put him and do it eagerly.. he knows this is his lost shot to play in the nfl.. no matter what the position.. he will either work at it and succeed or get cut.. plain and simple.. he wants to play , he will play.. just not his favorite position.

Even jet fans when talking logically can make sense!!! The only thing illogical is why we are Jet fans!!LoL

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he WILL hold out for an injury. Hes a very proud guy & sees his role as leader of the pack. Nothing else

He should try out, get cut, then go fulfill his real destiny as a televangelist :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and most of the recevers that we had last year have not signed with any other team.. stallworth with the redskins.. welker to the brons but stall worth played one snap..

branch and llyod are still out there.. i believe

even with those two (if available and IF the Patriots bring them back... It's not the fire power we need. After Welker.... Hernandez or Gronk was Brady's security blanket and now he has nothing

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also was mallett let go?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think were underestimating Ballard. He could be very solid with Brady as his QB and Gronk will be back, so I'd say will be fine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think were underestimating Ballard. He could be very solid with Brady as his QB and Gronk will be back, so I'd say will be fine.

Until I actually see him play a few downs I am going to hold off on my opinion on Ballard and as far as Gronk is concerned I just want to see him actually stop getting hurt