• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Welker, No Gronk, No Hernandez...No Problem?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat, Pats will be fine. I dare say better OVERALL than last year. To be sure the loss of welker and soon to be hernandez hurt. Add gronk to the walking wounded and it would appear all is lost. I see this team MUCH more like the team with Cory Dillion only thing is tom brady is better now than then. Blount will carry the ball. Ridley will carry the ball. That's two solid backs! Add in shane veeren, Brandon bolden and leon Washington defenses will have to respect the run!

As for passing, Ive seen brady win a sb with much less at wr than they have. Amendola will do well. edleman is proven. If Donald jones, aaron Dobson or micheal Jenkins can learn the offense that is good enough to move the chains.

Make no mistake about it, offensively they will not be the scoring machine they have been. they will wear down defenses, mix in the no huddle and toss the occasional bomb.

The REAL improvement is on defense! This team was a different team once talib joined it. he's back. Adrian Wilson will be an improvement. dennard has another year of experience. they have the two cfl guys. they have tommy Kelly. Dane fletcher who lost his season during a preseason game is back. Take a look at the depth charts! They are stacked at these positions NOT with superstars but solid football players.

It is for these reasons I say they are better (actually MUCH better) overall this season!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I actually see him play a few downs I am going to hold off on my opinion on Ballard and as far as Gronk is concerned I just want to see him actually stop getting hurt

You are right! Ballard is still limping badly. Hou-man and Fells make them thin at TE. Once hernandez is gone they will grab a veteran off of waivers to help till gronk is back.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right! Ballard is still limping badly. Hou-man and Fells make them thin at TE. Once hernandez is gone they will grab a veteran off of waivers to help till gronk is back.

Double! Great to see you over here man. We need more of the olde crew to show up. If you Ali with any of hem send them over.

But I agree with you.. I posted on another thread about te pats were done and there was nothing to be cited about..nay ay! Says I there is a lot to be excited about!

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hernandez did commit the murder.. do you think we will have another suicide watch? I can't see him going to prison...

Why would you even think this, that a suicide watch would be necessary? Isn't Hernandez supposed to be Thug Life! not a pussy?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you even think this, that a suicide watch would be necessary? Isn't Hernandez supposed to be Thug Life! not a pussy?

Yeah Hernandez wont be killing himself. If he goes to jail for life he'll have all the money in the world and he can be punk he seems to be.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for passing, Ive seen brady win a sb with much less at wr than they have. Amendola will do well. edleman is proven. If Donald jones, aaron Dobson or micheal Jenkins can learn the offense that is good enough to move the chains.

I'm more worried about the outside WR's then the TE's. Gronk will be back, we saw what Ballard can do. Fells isn't bad, he just doesn't get much playing time with Gronk and Hernandez. We have no one truly proven who can play outside the numbers.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is gonna be ugly for the first few weeks. I mean, it'll still be a top 10 offense, but compared to what we're used to, it'll be ugly.

The defense had better be ready to step up. The good news is it looks like that may be a real possibility. Their secondary should be the best it's been in years - returning Dennard (as a 2nd year pro and we'll see if he makes a leap) and Talib as starting CBs, adding Wilson at safety, McCourty and T. Wilson with a whole stable offseason. Spikes is driven - by money, yes, and he might not be back next year, but he's driven. Hightower and Jones get their first full pro offseasons, and we'll see if they progress.

There are reasons to be optimistic, but I'll be glad when this offseason is over.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me the optimist but I just not worried at all.

Edellman will probably be more of the Welker replacement that he was touted as for the past few years, Amendola will probably be more of a Lloyd replacement. Although they could both switch for any play.
Dobson, with his height and catching ability along with Boyce and his speed will both add new dimensions. Vareen and Washington can both catch coming out of the backfield. Not to mention Kenkins, Jones and whoever else may or may not stick. They'll be more than fine on offense, top five, with a much improved defense.
Dennard with a year under his belt, Talib playing on a 1 year prove it or lose it. McCourty, the Wilsons, and the secondary is looking to take a giant step forward. A few good prospects, a few proven big names and the big two from last year that will improve, the LB/DE's look very formidable and will take some of the load off the secondary. Wilfork, Armestead and the other vet (can't think of his name) up front, I really think this defense will light it up.
My only concerns are injuries;
Can Dowling finally play? If so, could be a scary secondary.
Can Edellmen stay on the field, with Washington taking the load on punt/KO returns hopefully that will help reduce wear and tear.
Can Danny stay healthy, at least until Dobson/Boyce are really clicking with Brady.

The way I see it, they win a couple, lose a couple to start the season, drop another before the break to go into the bye at 6-3, then run the table with a healthy Gronk and a scared AFC for the playoffs.

Hernandez, shermamdez....

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can go from Brady to Cassell and still win 10 games, this is just a pebble in the road.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can go from Brady to Cassell and still win 10 games, this is just a pebble in the road.

Your completely right. If you have BB and Tom Brady, it don't matter. Players will step up, it's the Patriots way.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one can hope this holds true.. both are getting older and it seems like great plays are less frequent.. not sure if the rest of the leauge is catching up or just the game evolving.. i hope we have a few more years of great luck.. miami and the bills are gaining ground the jets are still in last.. parity as they callit..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brady won't have to worry about getting the ball to Hernandez now. Ballard better health up quickly!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Degree Murder :doh:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crickets on here since he was charged with 1st degree murder.

Pats fans in shock still or what?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since the arrest, really. Nobody thought he was a saint, but this goes way beyond that. Not to mention this basically happened in our community. It's not an abstract thing. At this point, the NFL side of it is just unimportant. This crime took place 10 minutes or so from a couple of friends of mine - a young family with an infant and a toddler.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are still gathering folks.. apparently there wasnt much of a Patriot fan base before cbs dropped the boards.. we are still getting the word out so more will come.. as it gets closer to fb season people will flock to the boards.. both good and bad..

as A.H. goes..nothing really shocks me anymore.. this world is going down the tubes fast.. just try to enjoy what you can while you can... It wont shock me to find he was part of the double homicide in july 2012 ..

Preacher.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the dates on the threads. Before the close of cbs, this place was dead.

The few of us that are now regulars here have posted every day, either here or other boards.

Shocked? Naw, mildly suprised that someone with everything would throw it all away. But it's not the first time, and it will not be the last.

It has been proven that people with sociopathic tendancies tend to be more successful because the have fewer morals or remorse. Therefore more youngsters emulate the sociopathy and interbreed with other sociopaths.

Yes, we are becoming a society with out morales or remorse.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing those guys is not a big deal ... they are mediocre football players at best

The Pats will be fine

They could probably find better talent on Craiglist ...... or at least a used coffee table, which can be useful too

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing those guys is not a big deal ... they are mediocre football players at best

The Pats will be fine

They could probably find better talent on Craiglist ...... or at least a used coffee table, which can be useful too

Yes the Pats will be fine.. the year the didnt make the playoffs after they lost brady in game one.. they went 11-5 .. im not too worried