• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No surprise: Experts pick Pens over Flyers

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy.. i knew i should've added another comment about how i watch more fox news than the rest and like what i hear on that better than the other ones.. still doesn't mean its unbiased news

ruined the joke though.. way to go guys :(

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the predictions mean is a lot of experts will be wrong in about a week and a half.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of them don't know shit. Seriously, who gives a crap who Linda Cohn thinks will win?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the experts. My expertise has the Flyers in 6. This is a FACT!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just further proof.. in their preview of the series coburn and couturier combined for 0 mentions, and grossmann was only mentioned as one of the flyers wounded

the couturier/coburn/grossmann vs. malkin/kunitz/neal matchup (and prevelance) is EASILY the key to the series IMO.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just further proof.. in their preview of the series coburn and couturier combined for 0 mentions, and grossmann was only mentioned as one of the flyers wounded

the couturier/coburn/grossmann vs. malkin/kunitz/neal matchup (and prevelance) is EASILY the key to the series IMO.

Awaz, did you read my post in regard to Cooter is in Malkin's head. This coming from a Pens season ticket holder and is really in tune with his guys. Anyway, if you did not, basically he was saying, and not to mention this coming from several fans out of Pitt are concerned with Malkin keeping his head straight. Further, he was saying he has never seen one guy be able to frustrate and stay in check with Malkin the way Cooter does. That says a bunch and Coots is a fuvking young rookie. This was never mentioned last night on the NHL Network.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83% of the time ,these guys are wrong all the time.

I really do like our chances of winning this round. I don't put to much stock into what these experts say. As long as Bryz can stay focused, Grossman can play with 2 braces, and the rookies continue to play the have all season, we should win. I think the key is Cooter playing on Malkin. I keep hearing about Cooter frustrating Malkin and I love it. Keep them in the box.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, did you read my post in regard to Cooter is in Malkin's head. This coming from a Pens season ticket holder and is really in tune with his guys. Anyway, if you did not, basically he was saying, and not to mention this coming from several fans out of Pitt are concerned with Malkin keeping his head straight. Further, he was saying he has never seen one guy be able to frustrate and stay in check with Malkin the way Cooter does. That says a bunch and Coots is a fuvking young rookie. This was never mentioned last night on the NHL Network.

that's very high praise indeed. and very good to hear.. hopefully it stays in check the whole series

i wonder how the crosby situation is gunna go down.. my guess is read, wellwood, voracek, carle, and timonen will play against him when possible.. one thing is for certain about that, the flyers wont be losing many foot races when that matchup is going on.. and there will be basically 0 hitting as crosby plays with dupuis and sullivan..

i think the staal line (kennedy/cooke) will do a pretty good job against giroux.. if the other two lines play solid matchup hockey for the flyers, it's going to come down to the briere line to be the mismatch, which i like.. i dont have a lot of respect for vitale, asham, and adams in keeping up w/ briere, schenn, and simmonds..

that is, if the flyers can matchup how they want.. though, i expect the pens will try to get their top 2 lines out against the briere line..

my prediction is, if the briere line goes positive, lavy will have won the coaching battle, and the flyers will win the series

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Staal line is what scares me moreso than Crosby. Also, if we can rough up Letang a bit in this series, that would be great. Asham, Vitale will continue to goon it up.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy.. i knew i should've added another comment about how i watch more fox news than the rest and like what i hear on that better than the other ones.. still doesn't mean its unbiased news

ruined the joke though.. way to go guys :(

;)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's very high praise indeed. and very good to hear.. hopefully it stays in check the whole series

i wonder how the crosby situation is gunna go down.. my guess is read, wellwood, voracek, carle, and timonen will play against him when possible.. one thing is for certain about that, the flyers wont be losing many foot races when that matchup is going on.. and there will be basically 0 hitting as crosby plays with dupuis and sullivan..

i think the staal line (kennedy/cooke) will do a pretty good job against giroux.. if the other two lines play solid matchup hockey for the flyers, it's going to come down to the briere line to be the mismatch, which i like.. i dont have a lot of respect for vitale, asham, and adams in keeping up w/ briere, schenn, and simmonds..

that is, if the flyers can matchup how they want.. though, i expect the pens will try to get their top 2 lines out against the briere line..

my prediction is, if the briere line goes positive, lavy will have won the coaching battle, and the flyers will win the series

I couldn't agree more. That line will be key. Schenn has been hot lately. I'm sure Simmonds will do his thing by roughing up the other team and doing work in front of the net. That leaves Briere to let loose and use his playoffs magic. Still need solid team D and some big saves by Bryz to win the series though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do like our chances of winning this round. I don't put to much stock into what these experts say. As long as Bryz can stay focused, Grossman can play with 2 braces, and the rookies continue to play the have all season, we should win. I think the key is Cooter playing on Malkin. I keep hearing about Cooter frustrating Malkin and I love it. Keep them in the box.

If Malkin thinks Couturier is hounding him now, he's got a lot to worry about after Sean bulks up for next season. This kid is going to be a star at both ends of the ice. You can just see it in the works. +18 on the season for an 18/19 year old is insane. Only Hartnell did better and he's 10 years his senior.

It's also worth noting that fellow rookies Read, Wellwood, and Gustafsson were a combined +37 on the season. The future is so damn bright for this team, it really is.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm jittery again.