• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No room for error now

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game is a playoff game because they stupidly can't finish drives. The Oakland loss is going to do them in.:L:noidea:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really is frustrating. This was NOT a game we should have lost. Felt like we flat out gave it away. One of the more detestable losses of the 6 we currently have.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to be the worst team with getting knocked out of FG position on 3rd down. Every time.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like win and they're in..can they even be considered favorites at home against Oakland.:omg::pound::noidea:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like win and they're in..can they even be considered favorites at home against Oakland.:omg::pound::noidea:

agree with you guys that it's getting real ugly. Andy's got a lot to do with our most recent failures i can guarantee you guys that...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[MEDIA=twitter]541991420794372096[/MEDIA]/photo/1

[MEDIA=twitter]541749853580435457[/MEDIA]/photo/1

Whenever I see someone talk about it really being a fumble, I hear them just say that they saw that it got loose. They don't say anything about him getting the ball back and then flinging it forward. I really wish he would stop celebrating every catch. If he were the type to hand the ball to the ref or pick it up when he's getting up and just drop it, it would be clear. I really think that he was just doing a stupid celebration after he caught it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whenever I see someone talk about it really being a fumble, I hear them just say that they saw that it got loose. They don't say anything about him getting the ball back and then flinging it forward. I really wish he would stop celebrating every catch. If he were the type to hand the ball to the ref or pick it up when he's getting up and just drop it, it would be clear. I really think that he was just doing a stupid celebration after he caught it.

That doesn't look like Kelce flipping the ball. He lost possession and never regained full possession. The still images don't tell the story. Both Jefferson and Kelce have their hands on the ball. Kelce never had full control after he fumbled. I couldn't get the embedded gif to work so here's the link. nfl - Jiffier gifs through HTML5 Video Conversion.

In addition, the league explains how it was the correct call here. NFL head of officiating defends Kelce fumble decision | ProFootballTalk

The other call I agree with. You can't wait until the play is over to see if it was completed and then throw a flag. However it was offensive pass interference. The ref should have thrown the flag as soon as the foul was committed.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really can't say I agree with the defense of the call by the NFL either based on the gif of the play, the replay, and these two images. This doesn't look anything like an indisputable call to me. It's over though, I certainly don't count that fumble, but oh well. The most irritating part is Kelce is so damned sure he had possession he signals for a first down...:gaah:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the flag, flags are flags, it's pointless to whine about them, could point out everything and anything when all 22 comes out. Posted a pic of Seattle holding Tamba Hali in the endzone on the general board when a similar issue regarding PI (and yes, they were quite generous to both sides in that game for the secondary) that wasn't called. It's weak to complain about a flag, imo.

What's really weak is a pick to Defensive lineman, or not giving the ball to the all time YPC leader in Charles (even Knile Davis is acceptable in 3rd and forever) on 3rd down and forever while in FG range.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic though, this is the game we could afford to lose. 3-0 vs the AFC was always a must to make the playoffs with the Raider loss, imo.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazingly, or is that sadly? We did much better vs the run than previous outings (is that because of Joe Mays returning, or is Arizona's run game just that bad, I don't know) with a 4.3 YPC against. That Derrick Johnson Achilles really has killed a lot of our ability to stop the run. Unlike SF, we just don't have the depth to handle that kind of turnover to our ILB's, and it shows up a lot vs Seattle, Oakland, etc. Mauga has over 10 mistackles in the last 3 games by my count... (PFF has like 11 in the last 4 IIRC). Dude is the opposite of DJ, a whiff machine. Here's to Bailey hopefully coming back, need all hands on deck for this difficult 3 game stretch.

On another note, Albert Wilson looks like he might be worth keeping around- one less WR to pick up in the offseason if he keeps it up. He definitely makes Avery expendable as well, imo.

WR's next year barring a pretty severe pay cut to Bowe:

Free Agent? (Maclin? Would know the Reid Scheme reasonably well like Avant)
Wilson
Avant?
DGB? Some other draft pick.
Hemmingway for ST's.

Lot of turnover needs to happen with this WR corp- it doesn't help that Smith is overly conservative with the ball, there's nothing to be debated there, but it's not really debatable that his WR's are bottom of the barrel, either. And no, do not tell me Bowe is a legitimate target, he declined even prior to Smith's arrival despite QB's trying to force feed him the ball. The OL really isn't worth much more themselves outside of Hudson. Realistically, Smith isn't going anywhere until his contract is up unless his head is ripped off in the next 3 weeks, so surround him with talent.

With all the severe deficiencies on this team, it is 7-6 and mostly controls its destiny for a playoff berth with 2 of the 3 games being in Arrowhead; with a very difficult schedule for the season. Two years removed from a dreadful 2-14 squad, I'll take that as long as it is a step, not the destination. No good reason to throw in the towel on this team, but the playoffs start on Sunday for this team.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is becoming almost as dire a need as a #1WR. Other than Hudson/Fisher it's awful. Maybe Fulton turns out decently.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is becoming almost as dire a need as a #1WR. Other than Hudson/Fisher it's awful. Maybe Fulton turns out decently.

has been a mess, and i remember how blitz-happy the Faders were the last time we played 'em. hoping it doesn't turn out to be a disaster, but it could very well happen...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHSL82 pretty sure going low on the legs of a quarterback in the pocket is illegal. Von Miller's hit at least would be legal if Smith hadn't gotten the ball away.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHSL82 pretty sure going low on the legs of a quarterback in the pocket is illegal. Von Miller's hit at least would be legal if Smith hadn't gotten the ball away.

Aye, it's the ole' Brady rule since Pollard went low on Brady in 2008.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aye, it's the ole' Brady rule since Pollard went low on Brady in 2008.

Not saying I agree with it but it is the rule in the NFL right now. I also don't agree with him getting penalized on the play as he did have the OL player blocking him towards the ground so not sure where else he was supposed to go. Any time a quarterback gets hurt on a play though they are going to be very particular about that.