• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Interest For Bradford

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eam-has-contacted-rams-regarding-sam-bradford

of course there is no interest.

why would any team want to pay his full salary when the guy has barely played in 2 seasons and has proven to be injury prone? not to mention having to give up a draft pick(s) just to pay his bloated salary.

what did Bradford's agent think he was going to find out there?

time to quit balking and accept a reduced cap number.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is no interest and supposedly he's still refusing to renegotiate? Really getting tired of this soap opera and I'm sure the Rams are too.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt any team would be willing to give up anything of consequence for a $13 mil still unproven QB coming off back-to-back season ending injuries. Teams that may be interested can sit back & wait for the Rams to reduce their price or cut him.

As for Bradford, he can just sit back & do nothing regarding his contract. If he gets cut, he will likely see a contract that would probably guarantee more money than his 2015 salary. Make no mistake, this is a QB league devoid of quality QB(s) right now. He will get paid one way or another.

The Rams are the urgent party here.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is interest I'm sure. but they will wait to see if the Rams cut him. Why give the Rams picks when they can just wait? He could let the Rams cut him then resign with a new deal too. That's probably what's going to happen.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE="Davis_Mike, post: 6273819, member: 5339"]I doubt any team would be willing to give up anything of consequence for a $13 mil still unproven QB coming off back-to-back season ending injuries. Teams that may be interested can sit back & wait for the Rams to reduce their price or cut him.

As for Bradford, he can just sit back & do nothing regarding his contract. If he gets cut, he will likely see a contract that would probably guarantee more money than his 2015 salary. Make no mistake, this is a QB league devoid of quality QB(s) right now. He will get paid one way or another.

The Rams are the urgent party here.[/QUOTE]

:agree: Exactly

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt any team would be willing to give up anything of consequence for a $13 mil still unproven QB coming off back-to-back season ending injuries. Teams that may be interested can sit back & wait for the Rams to reduce their price or cut him.

The Rams are the urgent party here.

Which means the Rams will end up keeping him at his current price tag.

Can't believe Bradford is being this greedy after all the Rams have been through with him.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe Bradford is being this greedy after all the Rams have been through with him.

How is Bradford being greedy? Why should he take a pay cut when he can get more money on the open market than his salary will be for 2015?

The Rams are kinda stuck here. Unless they intend to extend him & put in enough guarantees to compensate him for a reduced 2015 salary, they are stuck with going forward as is or cutting him.

This isn't on Bradford, it's on the the previous CBA. His contract is the last relic of the old system that had bloated top 10 pick rookie contracts.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the Rams have gone through? I don't think it was the Rams that had to go thru 2 blown out knee rehabs or play with crappy Oline. That was sam.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Bradford being greedy? Why should he take a pay cut when he can get more money on the open market than his salary will be for 2015?

The Rams are kinda stuck here. Unless they intend to extend him & put in enough guarantees to compensate him for a reduced 2015 salary, they are stuck with going forward as is or cutting him.

This isn't on Bradford, it's on the the previous CBA. His contract is the last relic of the old system that had bloated top 10 pick rookie contracts.

It's on Bradford.

The CBA is what got him his ridiculous contract. It's on him for being greedy and wanting it all despite the fact he hasn't earned half of it with his play/injury problems.

The Rams have paid him 30M the last 2 seasons for 6 games played.

That equals 5M per game played. What other QB has made that kind of money? None

And, no Sam wouldn't get 16M from any other team. No team is going to pay him that coming off of 2 ACL injuries.

Brady doesn't make 16M and neither should Bradford.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Rams have gone through? I don't think it was the Rams that had to go thru 2 blown out knee rehabs or play with crappy Oline. That was sam.

Oh, I don't know.

How about 2 crappy seasons because your supposed franchise QB can't stay healthy?

How about wasting 30M for 6 games of play over 2 seasons?

How about standing behind said QB and having said QB and agent refuse to restructure his contract to get said QB some help on the OL so he can stay healthy?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's hard to feel sorry for Sam when he's been paid 30M to rehab for 2 years.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Bradford.

The CBA is what got him his ridiculous contract. It's on him for being greedy and wanting it all despite the fact he hasn't earned half of it with his play/injury problems.

The Rams have paid him 30M the last 2 seasons for 6 games played.

That equals 5M per game played. What other QB has made that kind of money? None

And, no Sam wouldn't get 16M from any other team. No team is going to pay him that coming off of 2 ACL injuries.

Brady doesn't make 16M and neither should Bradford.

Bradford will be making just shy of $13 mil for 2015, which puts him out of the top 10 when you factor in roster/option bonuses. It really doesn't matter how much he has already made, the old CBA was responsible for that. This is a QB league & nearly half the teams in the NFL have a need a QB. He would easily get a contract with more guaranteed than the $13 mil on the open market. QB(s) get paid & OVERPAID. Why wouldn't the Bears, Bills, Jets, Skins, Browns, & Bucs take run at him? Anyone of those teams would likely offer something in the neighborhood 3-5 years/$20 mil guaranteed.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't know.

How about 2 crappy seasons because your supposed franchise QB can't stay healthy?

How about wasting 30M for 6 games of play over 2 seasons?

How about standing behind said QB and having said QB and agent refuse to restructure his contract to get said QB some help on the OL so he can stay healthy?

So because he blew out his knee you think he should give back money? When does this happen in the NFL. Would you take a payccut at your job so they could hire more people?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's hard to feel sorry for Sam when he's been paid 30M to rehab for 2 years.

I don't feel sorry for him. But his pay wasn't his fault. I'm curious of P. Manning will restructure his 21.5m this year. It's his last year and he just wants to win a super bowl. so he could clear up a lot of cap room to try to win. Maybe he will but I doubt it.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel sorry for him. But his pay wasn't his fault. I'm curious of P. Manning will restructure his 21.5m this year. It's his last year and he just wants to win a super bowl. so he could clear up a lot of cap room to try to win. Maybe he will but I doubt it.

His pay isn't his fault.

Him not willing to restructure so the Rams can put a better team around him is.

They've put a lot of faith in him over these 4 years and I find it very curious that he isn't willing to reciprocate that same faith in the Rams organization.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because he blew out his knee you think he should give back money? When does this happen in the NFL. Would you take a payccut at your job so they could hire more people?

I'm self employed so that scenario doesn't work for me.

But, if it meant making my job easier and help me have greater success, then yes I would be all for doing that.

You got to remember- the better success he has, the more money he is going to make in the long run.

At his current rate, he will most likely be a backup in 2 years. How much money will he make then?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep bringing up this ridiculous Manning comparison! Manning has helped take his team to the playoffs and Super Bowl! He has EARNED his money. Denver doesn't need him to restructure they don't need much tweaking and are already a good team.

We need more than tweaking, we need a guy that wants to help us win, by restructuring his contract so that we can do the things that we need to do to get us where we need to be!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times have we seen Brady restructure his contract to give his team more cap flexibility to improve the team around him or resign some of their own players?

And what did that do? Oh yeah, got him another SB ring is what it did.

Brady is set to make 14M this season as a 4X SB champion.

Bradford is set to make 16M for doing what exactly?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up this ridiculous Manning comparison! Manning has helped take his team to the playoffs and Super Bowl! He has EARNED his money. Denver doesn't need him to restructure they don't need much tweaking and are already a good team.

We need more than tweaking, we need a guy that wants to help us win, by restructuring his contract so that we can do the things that we need to do to get us where we need to be!

:thumb::clap: