• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No game thread!

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, can't say I'm shocked as I have been an apathetic poster. I had to dvr the game due to shift work. But now that the game is in the books, I couldn't help thinking you can't put lipstick on a pig. We were right there, taking and throwing punches and had any one player stepped up we could have made separation. Look to your max player and see clang, clunk. Kanter looked dazed and confused, not playing with the pass. Gobert looked stout against Dwight.

Tomorrow's a new day, but in the end we are lacking that star.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten Thoughts:

1. Young team. Made runs but wasn't consistent. Better out of the half or beginning of game than 2nd/4th.
2. Gobert alters a lot of shots, even if he didn't block any. Got nervous whenever they had him handle the ball at the top of the arch.
3. Dwight Howard made Kanter look small, but Gobert made Dwight look normal (not quite small). Gobert disrupted Dwight but threes were open when Gobert was in the game (the rest, too, but I noticed it here).
4. Burke is off on his shot a lot, where if air balls or just the backboard shots counted more than close misses, his shooting would have been worse than his 6-16. Had a great third quarter.
5. Exum got gassed again and only played 10 minutes. Expect that for a young guy who is so active, not just a young guy. Great alley-oop and nice set three. One turnover. Positive +/- (+3).
6. Saw a lot of hustle points, didn't keep track. Notable one was the Booker at the buzzer, offensive rebound by Burke, assist to I forgot who (Hood?).
7. Don't like Kanter taking threes, but he'll make some and the more he does, the more it'll help open things up. Key is to make some like he did in the pre-season.
8. Played the new guy, Ingles, days after signing him. Not something we'd see in the past. No Novak on a 3-pt-taking day.
9. Evans and Clark will ride the bench this year, obviously.
10. Can't grade the rotation right now, will look at this more, especially when not on a back-to-back (factor in why Exum didn't play even more).

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the box scores and the game itself, it is VERY clear that the Phoenix Suns were flat out tired due to playing last night and us starting out so quick. If either of those two factors changed, who knows what happens, probably a home loss. But, those things did happen, including us playing a good game.

Evidence:

1. Transition - Something Phoenix is known for, we outscored them 35-21.
2. We got a lot more free-throws. Home cooking, maybe, but tired teams tend to foul and are less aggressive going to the rim.
3. I haven't looked at Phoenix's totals for 3-pt shots, but tired teams shoot a lot. They shoot a lot anyway, but they made a low number.
4. Points in the paint was 66-42 and that could be from our 13-6 advantage on offensive rebounds (put-backs) and 39-28 defensive (fewer putback opportunities for Phoenix).
5. Turnovers didn't display this, as they had one fewer - but we're a newer and younger team, 1 TO advantage might mean they were less aggressive defensively or more sloppy offensively to not have a bigger gap.
6. They just looked tired. Maybe that's me being pessimistic and saying, if we could do that, then something must be wrong with them. It's like some are amazed by how beautiful a girl looks with an ugly man, he must be rich.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other Notes:

1. Booker is good at a lot of things - rebounding, shooting, and passing. Passing is what caught my eye today. His threes were off, but he's been on before. He hustles and has high basketball intelligence from what I've seen. Whoever said he was Millsap might be right - he looks great for his role - and wrong - he can fit in this role and remain naturally. For that fit, I say we are better off with him, albeit lesser numbers. Maybe not, but I'm happy with him.

2. Burke needs to be able to shoot better. This game wasn't a shot clock buzzer beater night. It was just miss and miss. He makes it if he's fouled. Maybe fouling re-calibrates his shot. Threes were off.

3. Dante Exum is coming off nicely. He had 3 assists in 18 minutes, so he's already at Burke's 6 a game per 36. He doesn't turn the ball over much, at least compared to the preseason. He can shoot from deep, because he usually sets up. Seems to have a good clock in his head, as seen on the last play of the first half and numerous shot clocks. Needs to shoot free-throws better, but two of those were on a flagrant foul where no one is there by him - maybe it's a rookie thing to get psyched out in that situation.

4. I only counted four shots missed by Derrick Favors where it wasn't blocked or in and out. 12-22. He is coming along. I'm sure all that has to be said about him has already been said here. Seemed to do less in second half and a little miffed he didn't get his 10th rebound - but I would not send him back in or keep him out there too long to get it. There'll be other games if we preserve him and keep him healthy.

5. Novak did what he was brought here for. Sure Hornacek likes him. Speaking of him, I wish we had him, as I think he'd do well, but I am intrigued with how Snyder will do.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to use LP Broadband and watch the "condensed" version of tomorrow's Pacers game. LP Broadband, since late last year, has condensed versions of games where they show 90% of scoring plays.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
868080434.gif

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the last 4.9 seconds. Jump ball, Gasol fouled.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol misses the 2nd, 97-95, 2.6 left.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top of the key, brick. Game over.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Obi Wan Ginobili vs. Breadstick?

Did they guard each other?

I mean, I saw Breadstick's box score, but did the the two swingmen guard each other, and did Breadstick look ok?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed today's game. What was it like to watch?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed today's game. What was it like to watch?

I am watching it delayed and and semi-fast forward. Not looking good so far.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching it delayed and and semi-fast forward. Not looking good so far.

Thanks.

Going to sleep, will read your thoughts later.

See you later.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this game was the Sixers game all over again. The reason why we won was getting hot at the end. But it was also because Minnesota isn't that good. Minnesota does have a good coach and are missing their players.

I felt that Burke was playing to prove something today. We got him from Minnesota. I thought the reports were that we wanted them to pick him so we could trade for him, as opposed to them picking him and then changing their mind. So I don't think that there was a dis there especially when they had Rubio. But whenever Burke can play well and whatever gets him motivated is better for us.

I felt that Patrick Christopher is a gunner because he knows that this is his one chance. It seems like he shoots whatever. There was a play or so last game where it was clear that he didn't know what he was doing, but that's what happens when your signed so late.

There was a stretch of place where we struggled to get the shot off on time, with one 24 second violation. I felt that we also got away with a travel on an important play. I'm glad that we won. Hayward was great and the clutch.