• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No game thread!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this game was the Sixers game all over again. The reason why we won was getting hot at the end. But it was also because Minnesota isn't that good. Minnesota does have a good coach and are missing their players.

I felt that Burke was playing to prove something today. We got him from Minnesota. I thought the reports were that we wanted them to pick him so we could trade for him, as opposed to them picking him and then changing their mind. So I don't think that there was a dis there especially when they had Rubio. But whenever Burke can play well and whatever gets him motivated is better for us.

I felt that Patrick Christopher is a gunner because he knows that this is his one chance. It seems like he shoots whatever. There was a play or so last game where it was clear that he didn't know what he was doing, but that's what happens when your signed so late.

There was a stretch of place where we struggled to get the shot off on time, with one 24 second violation. I felt that we also got away with a travel on an important play. I'm glad that we won. Hayward was great and the clutch.

Thanks.

I'll pay close attention to Burke and Christopher next time, and see how their play that future day compares with your observations of them today.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame myself for Trey's 2-19 night (0-11 from downtown) because after the Philadelphia game, I told my dad that for how bad Burke shoots, he wouldn't have a Carter-Williams night. Ugh.

If he were 2-11 or 0-8 and made 3 2-pt shots instead. Or, you know, played thd point by, ahem, passing the ball, we might have won.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valanciunas had 31 points on 14-15 FG, and 12 boards, last night.

This was against the tough frontcourt of the Pistons too.

I had never liked O'Connor taking Kanter over Valanciunas.

I hope Lindsey wouldn't have done this.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't participate in the game thread tonight, but I do want to note that I'm excited for Exum starting. It's just one game, for now, good or bad, doesn't mean anything really, but I'm excited. It's against Milwaukee so hopefully we don't lay an egg.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough Numbers:

Dante Only: 47-47 (24 M) 0
Trey Only: 34-25 (13 M) +9
Both on Court: 20-27 (11 M) -7

Dante: -7
Burke: +2

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't participate in the game thread tonight, but I do want to note that I'm excited for Exum starting. It's just one game, for now, good or bad, doesn't mean anything really, but I'm excited. It's against Milwaukee so hopefully we don't lay an egg.

Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, makes up for the Boston game and glad we didn't lose like the Clippers game. Need to play hard for whole game and no assuming the ball is going out of bounds - go get it!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, makes up for the Boston game and glad we didn't lose like the Clippers game. Need to play hard for whole game and no assuming the ball is going out of bounds - go get it!

I agree.

Except for the "make-up" part, don't think I believe in that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no big deal, but I wish Dante hadn't taken that last three in the Sacramento game. I don't think it was intended like that one time where Houston was up by 48 shot a three with a little left on the game clock (shot clock was more than game clock). They missed and we ran own and made a three to lose by 45 points. They were jumping up and down and piling on. I never wish injury upon anyone, but I wouldn't have been upset if some Rocket tore their ACL celebrating.

I was pissed and thought Houston was classless - I know, I know, if the Jazz don't like being blown out, play better. But if one can't see the difference between taking a 3 pointer with like 5 seconds left in a 48 point lead game and normal competition, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, again, I don't think Dante was trying to win by 17 instead of 14 (won by 12 because of Kings' last second layup). I don't think he was trying to run up the score or to necessarily pad his stats. I just think he was open and not thinking.

Just wish he hadn't done it. We won by 12 instead of 14 (running off clock) and he shot 2-5 instead of a second consecutive 50% shooting game. But the main reason is that it might appear less classy despite what I think it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no big deal, but I wish Dante hadn't taken that last three in the Sacramento game. I don't think it was intended like that one time where Houston was up by 48 shot a three with a little left on the game clock (shot clock was more than game clock). They missed and we ran own and made a three to lose by 45 points. They were jumping up and down and piling on. I never wish injury upon anyone, but I wouldn't have been upset if some Rocket tore their ACL celebrating.

I was pissed and thought Houston was classless - I know, I know, if the Jazz don't like being blown out, play better. But if one can't see the difference between taking a 3 pointer with like 5 seconds left in a 48 point lead game and normal competition, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, again, I don't think Dante was trying to win by 15 instead of 12 (won by 10 because of Kings' last second layup). I don't think he was trying to run up the score or to necessarily pad his stats. I just think he was open and not thinking.

Just wish he hadn't done it. We won by 10 instead of 12 and he shot 2-5 instead of a second consecutive 50% shooting game. But the main reason is that it might appear less classy despite what I think it was.

Thanks.

I'll catch up on other threads later. Hopefully later this week.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it, missed the game today.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans outscored the Jazz 24-5 from the middle of the second to start of the third.

The Jazz outscored New Orleans 22-3 from that point until the start of the fourth.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just expectations, but it seemed like Trey was a very quiet 0-10 tonight against the Pelicans. Usually, I get upset with his misses and how often he shoots, but now, it's like I'm numb to it. I'm all about the, "come on, get the offensive rebound Kanter!" I've given up worrying about Trey shooting, though I know he will make some eventually. I look at the box score and think, "good job, Trey, only 10 shots." "Oh, zero made? Still, 10 shots only."

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just expectations, but it seemed like Trey was a very quiet 0-10 tonight against the Pelicans. Usually, I get upset with his misses and how often he shoots, but now, it's like I'm numb to it. I'm all about the, "come on, get the offensive rebound Kanter!" I've given up worrying about Trey shooting, though I know he will make some eventually. I look at the box score and think, "good job, Trey, only 10 shots." "Oh, zero made? Still, 10 shots only."

I like reading your thoughts, and your thoughts on your thoughts.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always miss the good games, this year.