• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my thoughts on then game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off sorry fellas about the game thread usually do but i have been very ill for the last 10 days , i will know if its covid in a day or so . however today it appears i have turned the corner on this illness regardless. i finally feel alive .

now to the football . the team started out much like i thought, slow, sluggish , not quite ready and to me its understandable . we have a young team with a new staff and a butt ton of distractions . and it took awhile to get sorted out

we went down 17 to zip and we looked crappy . however our defense fought through it got us some to's and we score 27 in a row . so our coaching and adjustments were better for at least one game

we got 8 sacks and our de trio was superb . RK will be great here and chase showed he is for real. our cbs moreland and FM made plays and i liked what i saw from apke

haskins wasnt great but he didnt turn the ball over either and he did enough to give us a chance . he will need to improve , however him giving the halftime in place of RR has to be a very huge plus

i liked what i saw from thomas, AG and barber as well as simms and TMAC . it was ugly but i will take the win . the cards will be tough for us

i

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice summary Dad. Feel better and take very good care of yourself.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off sorry fellas about the game thread usually do but i have been very ill for the last 10 days , i will know if its covid in a day or so . however today it appears i have turned the corner on this illness regardless. i finally feel alive .

now to the football . the team started out much like i thought, slow, sluggish , not quite ready and to me its understandable . we have a young team with a new staff and a butt ton of distractions . and it took awhile to get sorted out

we went down 17 to zip and we looked crappy . however our defense fought through it got us some to's and we score 27 in a row . so our coaching and adjustments were better for at least one game

we got 8 sacks and our de trio was superb . RK will be great here and chase showed he is for real. our cbs moreland and FM made plays and i liked what i saw from apke

haskins wasnt great but he didnt turn the ball over either and he did enough to give us a chance . he will need to improve , however him giving the halftime in place of RR has to be a very huge plus

i liked what i saw from thomas, AG and barber as well as simms and TMAC . it was ugly but i will take the win . the cards will be tough for us

i

Get well soon dad!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get well dad, you are deemed essential around here!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i

Hope you feel better. I just re watched the game. Haskins decision making an accuracy has to get better. HIs best throw was in the 4th qtr when he hit Inman on a third down to set up the go ahead score. Alot of throws were forced and thrown into double coverage. the line didnt do him any favors with giving him time but sometimes they did and Haskins didn't deliver. The offense didnt take any shots deep probably of the o line woes. As far as the defense. Of course they stepped up big time. I just didn't like the three man rushes. Twice on 3rd down they converted one and once on 4th down Ertz dropped the ball. I like how Del Rio called the game but those calls were inexcusable we got lucky on two of them. We are still getting beat deep on 3rd and long situations. This cant happen!!!

Just rewatched the Ari-SF game. Murray wasn't any better throwing the ball than Haskins. They got a blocked punt that set them up in the redzone for a score. The other scoring drives were Murray just making runs on qb scrambles. His throws didn't impress me at all. The throw to Hopkins at the end of the game was abusted coverage by the 49ers. We should get some sacks this game. Plus the Eagles dline is better than Ari even without Barnett so I expect the offense to do a hell of alot better this week.

We have a great shot at 2-0. Just b/c the Cards beat the 49ers everybody loves them. The 49ers had a bad game also and Grap is the most over rated QB in the league. He had a chance to win the game but under threw the WR in the end zone. Underdogs by 6.5 was shocking to me. I guess the bookies don't like our offense at all. Lets prove them wrong.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you feel better. I just re watched the game. Haskins decision making an accuracy has to get better. HIs best throw was in the 4th qtr when he hit Inman on a third down to set up the go ahead score. Alot of throws were forced and thrown into double coverage. the line didnt do him any favors with giving him time but sometimes they did and Haskins didn't deliver. The offense didnt take any shots deep probably of the o line woes. As far as the defense. Of course they stepped up big time. I just didn't like the three man rushes. Twice on 3rd down they converted one and once on 4th down Ertz dropped the ball. I like how Del Rio called the game but those calls were inexcusable we got lucky on two of them. We are still getting beat deep on 3rd and long situations. This cant happen!!!

Just rewatched the Ari-SF game. Murray wasn't any better throwing the ball than Haskins. They got a blocked punt that set them up in the redzone for a score. The other scoring drives were Murray just making runs on qb scrambles. His throws didn't impress me at all. The throw to Hopkins at the end of the game was abusted coverage by the 49ers. We should get some sacks this game. Plus the Eagles dline is better than Ari even without Barnett so I expect the offense to do a hell of alot better this week.

We have a great shot at 2-0. Just b/c the Cards beat the 49ers everybody loves them. The 49ers had a bad game also and Grap is the most over rated QB in the league. He had a chance to win the game but under threw the WR in the end zone. Underdogs by 6.5 was shocking to me. I guess the bookies don't like our offense at all. Lets prove them wrong.
We VERY MUCH have another opportunity to get a win if....

1. Use our 4 man rush effectively against Murray (contain him and make him a pocket passer) He may be mighty mouse but he is 5' nothing.
2. Tackle well to limit big plays from AZ offense
3. Execute our run game with a tad more efficiency
4. Design more opportunities this week for TMAC, Gibson & Thomas respectively on offense
5. Throw in a big time special teams play this week to help the offense (a punt or KO return for TD)
6. Create more TO's this week which should lead to short field situations
7. If all else fails, turn to our All Pro Punter who can change field advantage by himself.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, you are needed ... get well soon.

My thoughts:
TD drives - 48, 45 and 20 yards, FG drives - 26 and 20 yards - as we thought the O was not great but they were timely and made plays after turnovers.

Logan Thomas was huge 2 of his 4 catches were a TD (the first one) and a great catch on third down. The ball was wide, he dove to catch it, caught it short of the 1st down, got up and lunged for the 1st down. That drive resulted in the go ahead TD.

Steven Sims - big catch to the 2 on 2nd TD drive, big first down on pass to the flat next to the last drive which ended in the last FG

JDR - had the D ready for WR and RB screens. Kerrigan blew up two RB screens. Moreland, Apke and Curl all had tackles for loss to short gain on WR screens.

JDR - nice adjustment to cover TEs better after the 1st quarter.

Jimmy Moreland had a game, Int, good coverage, 6 tackles ... he was a force.

Much bigger test next week.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona -6.5 or even -7 sounds about right to me especially since a team traveling across country to play in a 3 hour different time zone covers the spread only 40% of the time and wins straight up only 30% of the time. Let's hope we will be in the 30%.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona -6.5 or even -7 sounds about right to me especially since a team traveling across country to play in a 3 hour different time zone covers the spread only 40% of the time and wins straight up only 30% of the time. Let's hope we will be in the 30%.

well its a 4pm game

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its a 4pm game

Yes it is eastern time but only 1:00PM pacific time. Playing in a different time zone than what your body is use to for an entire week is a big advantage for the the home team in any sport.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is eastern time but only 1:00PM pacific time. Playing in a different time zone than what your body is use to for an entire week is a big advantage for the the home team in any sport.
I would agree if it were a 1pm game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s COVID 19 despite me having followed all. Protocols all summer long . However the good news is I have turned the corner and I am eating again . No. Breathing problems at all just huge muscle soreness and total fatigue . I feel much much better and I am quarantined . Have 10 days left

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s COVID 19 despite me having followed all. Protocols all summer long . However the good news is I have turned the corner and I am eating again . No. Breathing problems at all just huge muscle soreness and total fatigue . I feel much much better and I am quarantined . Have 10 days left
Glad to hear you are feeling better dad. Get well soon!!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just follow the good doctor's orders and you will keep improving and be well soon. The Washington Football Team needs you back in the starting lineup and particularly on offense.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s to a speedy recovery