• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No DH Tonight

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think?

I opened this discussion on the MLB forum, but I wanted to know what you guys think as well.

I think it is stupid. I just dont see the benefit. Bum is a great hitting PITCHER, but he is not a good HITTER (he could be if he changed positions and dedicated himself to it for a year or two, but he isnt now).

Could this be an indication that Bums head is getting to be a bit of a problem?

Reactions: LHG

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think?

I opened this discussion on the MLB forum, but I wanted to know what you guys think as well.

I think it is stupid. I just dont see the benefit. Bum is a great hitting PITCHER, but he is not a good HITTER (he could be if he changed positions and dedicated himself to it for a year or two, but he isnt now).

Could this be an indication that Bums head is getting to be a bit of a problem?

I'm guessing Boch saw how quickly we are losing position players and figured it wasn't worth it to sub Bum out in favor of one of the few healthy bench guys he's got.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Boch saw how quickly we are losing position players and figured it wasn't worth it to sub Bum out in favor of one of the few healthy bench guys he's got.
So what happens if/when Bum comes out of the game in the 6th? Now he has to use PHs.

If Pena is truly hurt, you gotta DL him now and call up Green (Pence to 60?)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens if/when Bum comes out of the game in the 6th? Now he has to use PHs.

If Pena is truly hurt, you gotta DL him now and call up Green (Pence to 60?)
Except Green is on the disabled list. The pickings are slim for infielders right now. Bochy can choose between Myles Schroder, Rando Moreno or Juan Ciriaco in Sacramento for the bench. But to answer your question about the topic of this thread, if this is Bumgarner's doing, then yes, he may be getting a little too big for his britches. Its good that he is confident in his hitting but talking the manager into not DH'ing you? Lets go one worse in your scenario, what if this happens to be Bumgarner's worst outing of the year and he lasts 2 innings. Then the team is really stuck. I assume that since he is playing on the field, Bumgarner cannot be made the DH as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Green is on the disabled list. The pickings are slim for infielders right now. Bochy can choose between Myles Schroder, Rando Moreno or Juan Ciriaco in Sacramento for the bench. But to answer your question about the topic of this thread, if this is Bumgarner's doing, then yes, he may be getting a little too big for his britches. Its good that he is confident in his hitting but talking the manager into not DH'ing you? Lets go one worse in your scenario, what if this happens to be Bumgarner's worst outing of the year and he lasts 2 innings. Then the team is really stuck. I assume that since he is playing on the field, Bumgarner cannot be made the DH as well.
Correct. The DH is a 10th position.

My question is, though, is the DH ONLY allowed for the pitcher now? I know it used to be allowed to DH for anyone, but I think that may have been changed a few years back.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. The DH is a 10th position.

My question is, though, is the DH ONLY allowed for the pitcher now? I know it used to be allowed to DH for anyone, but I think that may have been changed a few years back.
That, I have no idea.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think it's a bad decision on Bochy's part. Aside from injury concerns, he's a go big or go home swing which is fine when we're playing an NL team, but not in interleague play.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think it's a bad decision on Bochy's part. Aside from injury concerns, he's a go big or go home swing which is fine when we're playing an NL team, but not in interleague play.
To his credit, that does fit the classic DH approach.