• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes possible move

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't take much to send the Red Wings or Blue Jackets back to the lesser conference.

Owners are probably going to make Gary give this one up at this point. You can only give a covid patient so much regeneron.

I'm not so sure, I don't think the Wings or Jackets want to go back to the lesser (hey wait a sec) conference.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't take much to send the Red Wings or Blue Jackets back to the lesser conference.

Owners are probably going to make Gary give this one up at this point. You can only give a covid patient so much regeneron.
Red Wings had been adamant that they wanted back in the East for a long, long time.
I think there was a guarantee (as much of a guarantee as the NHL can be trusted for), that they would not be moved again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Wings had been adamant that they wanted back in the East for a long, long time.
I think there was a guarantee (as much of a guarantee as the NHL can be trusted for), that they would not be moved again.
Okay fine. Put us in the Pacific.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abolish the conferences make it one League like the English Premier League and make everybody travel the exact same amount as the Canucks

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but then they came over and haven’t won a playoff series or formed any real rivalries. With the re-alignment it might be an easier sell.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just as far away, but on the OTHER side of Phoenix.

And unless it's inflatable, the arena will not possibly be built before they get evicted from their current home.

Clus.

Ter.

FUCK

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is it fair to say that this is currently a Tempe-rary proposal?!?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good-fricken-luck-yeah-right.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's fun to rip on Arizona, but they did not play badly. 4 of the first five were deflections and the other was a rebound that Jenner scooped up. Greasy. Hutton kept looking over at the bench and kind of gave up when it was clear they were letting him eat it.

Jackets didn't play all that well, they were just riding adrenaline. Beyond Domi, Bjork and Sillinger no one looked what I would call "good".

But those Jerseys are fucking awful. Still.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's fun to rip on Arizona.

Actually, it's well deserved my friend. If this franchise wasn't a pet project of Gary's, it would have been moved out of Arizona several years ago. Who knows how much money has been siphoned from the league (and when I say league, I mean other teams) to help prop up the Coyotes over the years. Attendance is a joke, they break rules by testing draft recruits, the owner treats Coyotes employees like garbage (read the Katie Strang piece in the Athletic if you get the chance, it's an excellent piece) and they draft a bully who transgressions were well documented, but decided to select him anyhow. Now they're tanking an entire season in the hopes of drafting a generational talent.

So yeah, take all the shots you want at Arizona, they have it coming to them.

* rant over *

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's well deserved my friend. If this franchise wasn't a pet project of Gary's, it would have been moved out of Arizona several years ago. Who knows how much money has been siphoned from the league (and when I say league, I mean other teams) to help prop up the Coyotes over the years. Attendance is a joke, they break rules by testing draft recruits, the owner treats Coyotes employees like garbage (read the Katie Strang piece in the Athletic if you get the chance, it's an excellent piece) and they draft a bully who transgressions were well documented, but decided to select him anyhow. Now they're tanking an entire season in the hopes of drafting a generational talent.

So yeah, take all the shots you want at Arizona, they have it coming to them.

* rant over *
Not that any of this is wrong but there's shit like this about basically every franchise in the league, it just hasn't leaked.

Every team has it coming to them, basically.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7,865 was the attendance for the Jackets - Coyotes game last night. A bad team and a long drive to Glendale equals friends and family only.