• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettman is playing hardball...

If the RSE deal fails and the Coyotes relocate, the NHL would require Glendale to repay the entire $25 million immediately.

City Hall, escrow account come into play in Coyotes saga

Edit: Now it looks like he's softened his stance (lol)

NHL willing to give Glendale 5 years to pay off $25M owed for Coyotes arena deal

NHL willing to give Glendale 5 years to pay off $25M owed for Coyotes arena deal - Phoenix Business Journal

City Hall as Collateral?

That's a brilliant plan. No way that would ever become a fiasco.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glendale City Council members emerged from a four-hour private session Tuesday saying they were still unable to settle on an arena deal worthy of bringing to a vote.

Council members are seeking more assurances from the prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes that hockey will be a money-making venture.

Councilwoman Norma Alvarez, a vocal opponent of spending for professional sports, called her colleges knuckleheads for continuing negotiations with Renaissance.

When asked to clarify her statement, Alvarez replied, “I called them knuckleheads, because they don’t get it. They don’t get it. They don’t get it. They’re going to continue discussions. Discussions of what? We’re selling City Hall because of paying $50 million. C’mon. C’mon.”

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sure-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html?nclick_check=1

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glendale City Council members emerged from a four-hour private session Tuesday saying they were still unable to settle on an arena deal worthy of bringing to a vote.

Council members are seeking more assurances from the prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes that hockey will be a money-making venture.

Councilwoman Norma Alvarez, a vocal opponent of spending for professional sports, called her colleges knuckleheads for continuing negotiations with Renaissance.

When asked to clarify her statement, Alvarez replied, “I called them knuckleheads, because they don’t get it. They don’t get it. They don’t get it. They’re going to continue discussions. Discussions of what? We’re selling City Hall because of paying $50 million. C’mon. C’mon.”

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sure-phoenix-coyotes-deal.html?nclick_check=1

wait... using it as collateral or outright selling it?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping she would have used the term dingleberries instead of knuckleheads...Oh well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I called them knuckleheads, because they don’t get it. They don’t get it. They don’t get it. They’re going to continue discussions. Discussions of what? We’re selling City Hall because of paying $50 million. Caman. Caman.”

strombones shapcrew would have called that some serious shap heat

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz
Today is a critical day in the #Coyotes ownership saga. More later...

And there's this:

Acting City Manager Dick Bowers will continue negotiations with the hockey investment group Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, city spokeswoman Julie Frisoni said. The council will meet in private session again Friday to reconsider the matter, she said.

The city will not release deal points today for public review, as had been expected.

“We’re just not there yet,” she said.

It’s still possible that the council could vote on the matter Tuesday, Frisoni said.

“It seems tight that we would hit a July 2 date, but I would tell you that anything is possible,” she said.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz
#Glendale Councilman Gary Sherwood told me negotiations with #Renaissance about #Coyotes are complete. #Renaissance won't move any more.

Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz
#Glendale Councilman Sherwood and Vice Mayor Yvonne Knaack have called for a public vote Tuesday on #Coyotes deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be the absolute, longest, drawn out, redundant, non productive, no end in sight, filibustering, inept bunch of bullshit to save a sinking ship in the history of sports ! No, make that the world of anything !

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A PDF copy of the RSE / Glendale agreement is on-line, but here are the risks to Glendale:

- The city bears all the risk if the revenue projected by Renaissance is not realized.

- The deal requires a $15 million management fee to Renaissance. The city has budgeted $6 million to pay for part of the $15 million arena management fee and Renaissance has projected shared revenue streams to help bridge the gap. Should those projections not be realized, and the city does not receive the projected revenues then the city would need to make up that loss.

- The proposed agreement is for 15 years and does not allow for the city to terminate the deal if
revenue projections are not met as long as the Coyotes play in the arena.

- The proposed contract can be terminated by Renaissance if their cumulative losses reach $50 million, and, in any event, after five years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Bettman sounds ready to pack the moving trucks:

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 7m Bettman: Decision needs to be made by July 2 on Coyotes.

Jesse Spector @jessespector
Bettman: Relocation options are “numerous” and “there is enough time” to move the Coyotes before next season.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 7m Bettman: Decision needs to be made by July 2 on Coyotes.

Bettman: Relocation options are “numerous” and “there is enough time” to move the Coyotes before next season.

It is so nice to have the NHL awards show here in the home of your Las Vegas Coy er Gamblers

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he's not rushing into this.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Relocation options are “numerous” and “there is enough time” to move the Coyotes before next season.[/I]

@coreypronman
It's going to be awkward Sunday when Bettman tells the Coyotes they're on the clock and purposely leaves out the city name.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Day in the desert. This seems appropriate.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to just packing up the moving trucks under cover of night and rolling off to your new home in the morning?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to just packing up the moving trucks under cover of night and rolling off to your new home in the morning?

Ah, yes: Brings back memories.

This actually wasn't what I was looking for. Back when the Colts came to Indy some bank in Baltimore made a commercial showing players in full Colts uniforms (actors, obviously) incl. pads & helmets making late night ATM withdraws as the team bus sat idling in the background.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if Phoenix was trying to steal the Yotes from the NHL, the NHL would welcome it.

Ah, yes: Brings back memories.

This actually wasn't what I was looking for. Back when the Colts came to Indy some bank in Baltimore made a commercial showing players in full Colts uniforms (actors, obviously) incl. pads & helmets making late night ATM withdraws as the team bus sat idling in the background.

Baltimore reacting immaturely?

Don't get me started.