• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a way we could just auto re-post every response that we make after each new announcement about a pending sale of the team.

Would save us all a lot of time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Campbell from The Hockey News says theyre moving to Seattle which to me means they are moving to Quebec City

Will the Coyotes move to Seattle this summer? - The Hockey News

this ones great ...

Key Arena has taken out its ice-making equipment and cemented over the chilling system in the floor.

Campbell insinuates they can play in the new Sonics arena ... ATTENTION MONSIEUR CAMPBELL !!! A shovel isnt going into the ground on the new arena until an NBA team is secured

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell insinuates they can play in the new Sonics arena ... ATTENTION MONSIEUR CAMPBELL !!! A shovel isnt going into the ground on the new arena until an NBA team is secured

This. So much this.

/Put down the pipe Campbell

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with jstew, Quebec City would be the likely destination if the Coyotes do indeed move, until Seattle secures a NBA team, the NHL won't be going there. I would have to believe that a second NHL schedule for 2013-14 that has Quebec City instead of Phoenix has already been drafted.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with jstew, Quebec City would be the likely destination if the Coyotes do indeed move, until Seattle secures a NBA team, the NHL won't be going there. I would have to believe that a second NHL schedule for 2013-14 that has Quebec City instead of Phoenix has already been drafted.

dont get too comfy with the leastern conference CBJ

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont get too comfy with the leastern conference CBJ

No worries. They threw around that "All teams in the same timezone" thing so much in "explaining" why Detroit moved too that they can't go back on it now.

And what happened to all that Kansas City viability when Mario was dry drilling Pittsburgh's ass for the sweetheart deal to keep the Pens there?

At this point, the Yotes moving is kinda like OJ going to prison for the autographs thing. Anti-climactic. Glad it finally happened, but should have really been done YEARS before.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would'nt be the least bit surprised if they moved Detroit instead to get a 2nd Original Six squad out to the Western Conference.

Illitch would have to release the chains from Bettman's scrotum before any such idea is even considered.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illitch would have to release the chains from Bettman's scrotum before any such idea is even considered.

^this

Bettman has promised the wings theyd move to the east since before Gary got circumcised

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may well be. I was just thinking in terms of what the NHL could do to show that they are as committed to the West, and growth in general, as they are to their more traditional markets.

No disrespect intended to CBJ, but a newer squad w/o a storied history of accomplishment (yet, anyways) doesn't fill that bill anywhere near as well as the Wings would.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may well be. I was just thinking in terms of what the NHL could do to show that they are as committed to the West, and growth in general, as they are to their more traditional markets.

No disrespect intended to CBJ, but a newer squad w/o a storied history of accomplishment (yet, anyways) doesn't fill that bill anywhere near as well as the Wings would.

I get what you're saying. But the NHL is all about drama, storylines and rivalries anymore. With that in mind, CBJ must at least be in the same conference as the Wings. Both sides like those games (Columbus moreso, of course) They tried to push the whole "Columbus / Nashville" rivalry and most people were like "Uh, hello? We hate Michigan. We don't even care about Kentucky or wherever Nashville is."

Toronto vs Detroit and their "Historical rivalry" will get jammed down out throats all next year.

I think the NHL would be better served on the growth front by putting teams where people, you know, care about hockey. Kansas City would be good, and natural rivals to St Louis. Milwaukee could work and be a straight up rival to Chicago AND Minny.

But no. Lets try to keep a team in Phoenix and try to expand to Las Vegas. The only two places in North America with NO natural rivalry.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this ones great ...

Key Arena has taken out its ice-making equipment and cemented over the chilling system in the floor.

thanks for your insight Ken Campbell :L

so theres this

http://www.king5.com/sports/NHL-Com...-in-doubt-prompts-Seattle-talk-211315311.html

Deborah Daoust, a spokesperson for Seattle Center and Key Arena, said Tuesday night that the ice making equipment and chilling system are still operational and have been used in the past for events like the Ice Capades and Disney on Ice. However, she said there had been no discussion, that she was aware of, concerning use for a hockey team. The arena recently freed up the dates that were held for an NBA franchise.

I still dont see an owner moving the team to seattle without new arena contruction imminent ... which wont happen without an NBA team as per Chris Hansen

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even former council member Joyce Clark (she hates us Canadian poachers) doesn't like the RSE deal:

I wrote this blog on June 10, 2013 and have been sitting on it. Late this afternoon, June 13, 2013 Mike Sunnicks of the Phoenix Business Journal reported on Glendale’s concerns about the RSE bid. I share the city’s concerns. I see no reason to hold this back any longer. Remember I am looking at the RSE deal having been a former councilmember. The fact that RSE is using borrowed money to finance this deal with very little of their own equity is disturbing. With such a small proportionality of investment it allows RSE a great deal of latitude to abandon Glendale and relocate in a few years.

I know how desperately fans want to keep the Coyotes here. I share that sentiment but not at any price.

Truthfully, if I were on council, I would not accept this deal based upon the facts that are publicly available about RSE’s deal at this time.

The obvious conclusion is that RSE will bleed money and that will be the rationale for their relocation of the team after a few, short years. Just the news no red-blooded Coyotes fan wants to hear.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About four years ago, in my predictions I wrote that the Coyotes were bought on eBay by a person named TicoTaco6486, who used a bid snipe program t beat Jim Balsillie..

I bet it's TicoTaco.

That's a good idea. The NHL should put the Coyotes on EBAY with a buy it now set at 150M.