• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Brainer trade, right?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give up: Romo and Bernard
Get: Cutler and Lynch

I'm not hurting at RB or WR, but obviously hard to balk at a chance to add Beast Mode to your squad.

I know it sounds stupid to even ask, the Rodgers/Cutler owner is desperate, but willing to roll with BigBen this week if I don't trade Romo.

My other QB options if Cutler doesn't play (assuming I make the trade):

Eli v OAK
McCown v DET

Locker v JAX
Keenum @ ARI

Ponder v WAS

I have Eli/McCown slightly ahead of Keenum/Locker, but I think all 4 could do well this week.

Anyone out there crazy enough to think that I should stand pat with Romo?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a definite yes to that trade.

Lynch is a clear upgrade to Bernard. No explanation needed.

Cutler was the 6th ranked QB in fantasy football and really playing well before he went down. 4th in QBR in all of football. He was making some serious progress in a brand new complicated system, and things will only get better in that offense as long as the main pieces around him stay healthy.

I should remind you that I'm a Bears fan and a Cutler fan. I try to be neutral, but interpret this with caution if you please.

BTW, all the reports around Chicago point towards Cutler playing Sunday. There's too much positivity coming from his teammates, coaches, media, etc... for him to sit out. At least, I think.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im completely dominating this league, (accepted the trade) and now have built up an amazing stable of WRs AND a completely badass group of RBs from drafting well (Charles, Marshall, Romo - last starting QB taken), hitting on waiver pickups (Allen, Stacy, Douglas), & trading with owners that were in some lineup jams (I got Bernard for Nicks, Cameron for DWill very early in year & now Megatron and Lynch).

Really need a strong finish from Cutler, and I think he has the right schedule to make it happen for me with STL and MIN to end the year, and DAL, CLE, and PHI for the playoff run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a write-up for ya, but saw you accepted. So I erased it all. GL the rest of the way brah.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a write-up for ya, but saw you accepted. So I erased it all. GL the rest of the way brah.

Thx Micro - I didn't want to let that offer marinade too long, in case he tried to pull it off the table before I could get to it.

Agreeing via text and agreeing on the actual deal has been 2 different things with this joker!

Care to weigh in on my QB situation ROS?

I'm really needing a championship this year, missed about 7 or 8 different parlays throughout this season by 1 stinking game. This is without a doubt, by best shot:

QB: Cutler (just traded for him)
Eli (drafted him as backup to Romo, dropped him and picked him back up multiple times this year)
RB: Charles (drafted 5th overall)
Lynch (just traded for him)
Stacy (waiver wire)
Bell (traded Hilton for him)
Sproles (drafted him as my RB3 in the 5th round)
Vereen (waiver wire)
WR: Megatron (traded VJax/CJ?K for him right before he sat out those 2 games)
Marshall (drafted in 2nd rd)
Allen (waiver wire)
Douglas (waiver wire)
T Williams (waiver wire)
TE: Cameron (traded DWill for him)
G Graham (waiver wire for this week only)
K: None right now, dropped Bailey and KC DST for Eli and Colts DST
DST: Indy v STL this week - will stream rest of season now that KC hits the Broncos in 2 of the next 3

I better win this damn league!!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thx Micro - I didn't want to let that offer marinade too long, in case he tried to pull it off the table before I could get to it.

Agreeing via text and agreeing on the actual deal has been 2 different things with this joker!

I'm really needing a championship this year, missed about 7 or 8 different parlays throughout this season by 1 stinking game. This is without a doubt, by best shot:

Eli (drafted him as backup to Romo, dropped him and picked him back up multiple times this year)
Stacy (waiver wire)
Vereen (waiver wire)
Allen (waiver wire)
Douglas (waiver wire)
T Williams (waiver wire)
DST: Indy v STL this week - will stream rest of season now that KC hits the Broncos in 2 of the next 3

That is a monster roster. With the rest of that team, I'm not sure it matters what you get out of quarterback. Does anybody else play the waiver wire other than you? With the depth you have, I really don't think it would hurt you to package something for a better quarterback. Something like Marshall and Cutler for Brees or Manning, or hell with that depth at running back you could even retrade Lynch and Cutler for Brees or Manning.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stacy (waiver wire)
Vereen (waiver wire)
Allen (waiver wire)
Douglas (waiver wire)
T Williams (waiver wire)

Smokin Monkey is right!!!:clap::clap:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else play the waiver wire other than you?

Right? I have felt that I have had to drop good players just to make the adds that I have throughout the season. It also helps A LOT that the MBBRL league (A and B league members, not to mention the other posters here) is typically 1-2weeks ahead of most of my leagues, as far as processing info/trends go. about half the owners are active, and the other half try to patch together holes in their lineup from all the scraps.

People were going after Edelman, Golden taint, Harvin, boykins, Hillman, Randle, & vincent brown while I was getting Keenan Allen, Zac Stacy, and Harry Douglas. Vereen and Terrance Williams were added as depth a week or two before they became 'hot adds', since I had starters locked in.