• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fournette if RoJo Sits......

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at my 14tm half ppr league, I've been slowly amassing RBs throughout the season as injuries and backfields have settled, but have held onto Fournette all year long in case anything should happen to Rojo

well, it looks like that "anything" has come in the form of a broken pinky finger, and there's a good chance he sits out this week vs Falcons

Where do you slot Fournette into your rankings, or put another way, who are you starting Fournette over this week if he's given the chance to lead TB backfield?

My starters:
Goff v NYJ - jets are OK against the run, can't stop anyone from passing on them
DJ Moore v GB - don't have very good WR options, I'll roll the dice that CAR plays from behind and needs to throw it a bunch in the 2H
Pittman v HOU - see, told you I didn't have good WR options, lol (shootout potential?? Rivers has actually been good recently)
D Henry v DET - no brainer locked in RB1
C Akers v NYJ - again, after dominating the touches for the Rams 2wks in a row, in what appears to be a very favorable script, couldn't put LF above him
Kelce v....it doesn't matter who the opponent is, Kelce is THE starting TE for any team that has him

so looking at comparing Fournette to my flex spot options......
Gallman v CLE - NYG seem very uninspiring, but somehow Gallman has produced most weeks since Barkley injury, coming off a poor performance last week
Chark v BAL - just can't rely on this dude in the playoffs
R Higgins NYG - could be a WR2 over Pittman....really considering this with J Bradbury hitting the covid list for NYG now
Bowden v NWE - have Gaskins in my IR spot, this looks like an "avoid" situation, but MIA has so many injuries elsewhere, could see the volume again this week?
(also have Gibson and AB on my bench, but really not considering them here)

Free Agents:
Hurts v ARZ - roll the dice over Goff's good matchup for the running QB boost??
Gage v TB - Julio is out, Ryan usually sucks when that's the case, but someone has to catch passes to keep up with TB, right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at my 14tm half ppr league, I've been slowly amassing RBs throughout the season as injuries and backfields have settled, but have held onto Fournette all year long in case anything should happen to Rojo

well, it looks like that "anything" has come in the form of a broken pinky finger, and there's a good chance he sits out this week vs Falcons

Where do you slot Fournette into your rankings, or put another way, who are you starting Fournette over this week if he's given the chance to lead TB backfield?

My starters:
Goff v NYJ - jets are OK against the run, can't stop anyone from passing on them
DJ Moore v GB - don't have very good WR options, I'll roll the dice that CAR plays from behind and needs to throw it a bunch in the 2H
Pittman v HOU - see, told you I didn't have good WR options, lol (shootout potential?? Rivers has actually been good recently)
C Akers v NYJ - again, after dominating the touches for the Rams 2wks in a row, in what appears to be a very favorable script, couldn't put LF above him
Kelce v....it doesn't matter who the opponent is, Kelce is THE starting TE for any team that has him

Gallman v CLE - NYG seem very uninspiring, but somehow Gallman has produced most weeks since Barkley injury, coming off a poor performance last week
R Higgins NYG - could be a WR2 over Pittman....really considering this with J Bradbury hitting the covid list for NYG now
Bowden v NWE - have Gaskins in my IR spot, this looks like an "avoid" situation, but MIA has so many injuries elsewhere, could see the volume again this week?

Free Agents:
Gage v TB - Julio is out, Ryan usually sucks when that's the case, but someone has to catch passes to keep up with TB, right?
So. I know fournette was benched. But that’s such a good matchup. You have some options. But the Bucs rb has been fairly valuable most weeks. If he gets passing work too... it’s a gamble.... but there’s massive upside. I’m not comfy with it, but it’s your flex in a 14team league. I’d play him.

goff is tough. He ha 5 games with 1 or less touchdowns in his past 6. Everyone eat vs the jets. You would think Mcvay wants to get him on track for the playoffs but man....

then again can you bank in hurts running for 100 again?’ I dunno I thunk you can bank on 50 and better passing numbers so . We’ve seen goff dud in some better matchups...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My starters:

Free Agents:

Fournette vs Gallman for me.

Tough, but will go Fournette

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might go Hurts too.

but I have issues with starting QB/RB combos.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any thoughts on Pittman vs R Higgins for the WR2 spot?

Pittman in a smash spot, but Hilton has been dominating the WR work the last couple weeks
Higgins coming off 2 really good games, both Hooper and Njoku are questionable

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pittman in a smash spot, but Hilton has been dominating the WR work the last couple weeks

I have very specific thoughts. I picked up Higgins. Tried for James Washington too. My opponent picked up Washington, dropping Pittman. I just grabbed Pittman.

I am gonna start Pittman. Giants D is no joke against the pass. I can see the Browns trying to run more than the Colts in a similar scenario...but the Texans pass D isn’t the Giants pass D.
I agree about TYH. And he always lights up the Texans. Pittman still getting looks though. My conclusion is that Watson can still make this a game, whereas I think the Browns ‘Jim Brown’ the Giants. Add to that, the roller coaster that is football. Three games in a row for Higgins seems less likely than Pittman rebounding after a slump. Much like how we banked on Pittman after his two in a row a few weeks ago.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what's been the issue with Hilton the first ten weeks? Was it Pittman's emergence that shifted defensive attention away from him? And at what point will that re-shift? I like Pittman more than Higgins. Both play second fiddle, but at least the Colts offense doesnt have two touch hogs in the backfield AND a target hog on the opposite side of the field...just the target hog