• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Mets

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Utley is removed from the Dodgers roster due to injury (even concussion, I would assume), he is ineligible for the remainder of the season. I doubt the dogs would go that far. I would not be surprised to see them avoid playing him, though, for his own safety.

If he is suspended, though, would the dogs be able to replace him on the roster for those games, or they have to play with a 24-man roster?
lol Suspended?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree (with a Braves fan, imagine that!) . I'm sure you've seen Utley over the years. He enjoys being hit. It is part of his game. Unless they bean him in the head and literally knock him out (or kill him) you're not accomplishing anything by hitting him. If you drill him in the ribs he will gladly run to first base. And he's not even starting so he's likely to come up as a pinch hitter for the pitcher. Do you really want to hit the 9 hitter in a key situation with the top of the order coming up?

Couldn't help but love the way he took that flying knee to the head and just got up and jogged to the dugout like nothing. Guy is truly old school.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't help but love the way he took that flying knee to the head and just got up and jogged to the dugout like nothing. Guy is truly old school.
Yeah, he's definitely one of those guys that annoys the hell out of you if he's on the other team, but you love to have him on your side. My favorite is when there's a guy on first and someone hits a popup and the ump forgets, or is late with the "infield fly" call. Invariably, Utley will purposely drop the ball and then try to get a double play out of it. I've never seen it actually work, but you gotta love the effort.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard slides are part of the game, but so is pitching inside and occasionally plunking a batter.

No one is saying "try to hit utley in the head" but some of us are saying he should get brushed back or some other Dodger should. Maybe not in game 3 or even in this series, but next season.

That, too, is "old school."

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard slides are part of the game, but so is pitching inside and occasionally plunking a batter.

No one is saying "try to hit utley in the head" but some of us are saying he should get brushed back or some other Dodger should. Maybe not in game 3 or even in this series, but next season.

Oh, I can see Utley getting brushed back, but if any pitcher goes "head hunting", I'm sure that pitcher will be kicked out.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwah! Only the Mets...

Ftr, I have called Mike once, about 20 years ago, we talked about the NCAA basketball tourney. He was cool, didn't cut me off or call me an idiot

No need to lie. I know that was you who called Mike today

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, you tell me! Was it a dirty play, in your opinion?
I am going to say no because while it is normal for a player to block the runner, it's also normal for the runner to attempt to slide. In this case, it appears that his timing was way off though and he missed the home plate entirely which then caused the injury.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling the suspension.

If the umps last night didn't think he did anything wrong, and the replay dood also didn't, then...I don't know how to finish that sentence.

Just change the rule in the off-season.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the umps last night didn't think he did anything wrong, and the replay dood also didn't, then...I don't know how to finish that sentence.

I'm thinking it's more about avoiding retaliation.

@Huwaryu_in_exile called in Mike crying this morning. I could not stop laughing. Did a tissue bruh?

Crying Mets fan calls cold Mike Francesa for comfort

I'm confused, Hu wasn't crying about it but you definitely were.

Won't catch me calling for a suspension.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it's more about avoiding retaliation.

I'm confused, Hu wasn't crying about it but you definitely were.

Won't catch me calling for a suspension.

I wasn't clling for suspension either.....Just for Dodger to get hit tomorrow

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep!!! Good point. Utley slide and was capable of touching second base with his left hand. How can that be illegal, but what the hell do I know??

Last edited:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Utley versus Matt Harvey:

21 PA, 6 hit, 1 double, 1 homer, no walks, 1 strikeout, .333/.429/.556/.984, 3 HBP

041415_phi_utley_homer_med_rmlc7ewk.gif

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

B

bravesfan1

utley.jpg

Hey Mets fans...where you also calling for Murphy to be suspended and beaned the next at bat when he did ths against the Dodgers? As he is never close the the bag either...