• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Mets

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the rule for anyone who needs reminding:
This rule is completely ignored, and I have no idea why. The Posey rule is completely unnecessary because of this rule. That play tonight should have been a DP because of this rule.

And everyone who argues differently simply ignores this rule.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runner (Fuckley) ran into the SS on a force play after he (Tejada the SS) touched(the bag) 2nd base....and he (the SS) held onto the ball.......easy call..(But Nooooooooooo)

NEXT!!

C'mon Man
But Tejada didn't touch the bag. That is pretty clear from all replays I have seen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule is completely ignored, and I have no idea why. The Posey rule is completely unnecessary because of this rule. That play tonight should have been a DP because of this rule.

And everyone who argues differently simply ignores this rule.
I have argued this forever and nobody seems to care for some bizarre reason.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Tejada got hurt and I would never wish injury on anyone (I said it jokingly about Bryce Harper) but he turned his back to the runner, you have to realize that he's going to try to break up that double play at all costs. Turning you back to the runner is incredibly dangerous on a play like that and Murphy did not give him a good toss, at that point you have to take the force and accept it.

I'm not sure if Utley was safe, like I said that was a difficult play to call because no one even knows the exact rules off the top of their head in that situation and the reviewer in New York should know the rules better than anyone. I've seen people try to break up a double play like that plenty of times during the season, it was just unfortunate that Tejada happened to get his leg caught. Do you guys honestly think Utley was trying to break dude's leg?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Tejada didn't touch the bag. That is pretty clear from all replays I have seen.

Really???

Maybe you need to up your (green meds) dude......he totally grazed it w/ his right toe.

It was friggin bang bang. :nod:

Don't suddenly be a doyer sympathizer.....

:L

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Tejada got hurt and I would never wish injury on anyone (I said it jokingly about Bryce Harper) but he turned his back to the runner, you have to realize that he's going to try to break up that double play at all costs. Turning you back to the runner is incredibly dangerous on a play like that and Murphy did not give him a good toss, at that point you have to take the force and accept it.

I'm not sure if Utley was safe, like I said that was a difficult play to call because no one even knows the exact rules off the top of their head in that situation and the reviewer in New York should know the rules better than anyone. I've seen people try to break up a double play like that plenty of times during the season, it was just unfortunate that Tejada happened to get his leg caught. Do you guys honestly think Utley was trying to break dude's leg?

Doesn't matter if he was trying to, it was a dirty ass play and Harvey needs to drill Utley in the face if he plays in game 3. Utley should be suspended and fined.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, he started his slide way later than he ever normally would. If he wasn't trying to completely obliterate him he would have started his slide much earlier.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really???

Maybe you need to up your (green meds) dude......he totally grazed it w/ his right toe.

It was friggin bang bang. :nod:

Don't suddenly be a doyer sympathizer.....

:L
Doyer sympathizer?

DOYER SYMPATHIZER???

Shits about to get REAL up in here!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he started his slide way later than he ever normally would. If he wasn't trying to completely obliterate him he would have started his slide much earlier.

Dude started his slide when he was at 2nd base pretty much. Fuck Chase Utley.

I really hope the Mets win this series no.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if he was trying to, it was a dirty ass play and Harvey needs to drill Utley in the face if he plays in game 3. Utley should be suspended and fined.
They would never risk him getting tossed in the playoffs. Utley will get his next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would never risk him getting tossed in the playoffs. Utley will get his next year.

He should not be ejected unless the Ump is a Dodgers fan. Only thing he can do is warn both teams after they hit a Dodgers player

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torre doing a pressor right now. That tells me there is a chance Utley gets discipline.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should not be ejected unless the Ump is a Dodgers fan. Only thing he can do is warn both teams after they hit a Dodgers player
Nah, Harvey will get his 1 shot. I doubt Utley starts even if he isn't suspended. Next year tho, that's when you get your payback on Utley. Just drill Gonzalez or Seager for now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lame excuse they gave for overturning the call is such garbage

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lame excuse they gave for overturning the call is such garbage
I am actually somewhat OK with the calls as they were made.

1) Neighborhood does not apply because his back was to the runner and the throw was bad.

2) Utley was called safe by rule (assuming that rule actually exists) because no tag and no base.

3) The rule in question (interference) is umpire discretion. If he feels the DP was not possible, than the DP does not need to be called. While I disagree with the judgement, it is a judgement call, so we have no choice but to move on.