• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLCS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned the joke that FS1 is to put Pete Rose and Alex Rodriguez next to Frank Thomas!? What a shitty fucking network. Shitty conglomerate.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold bats.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't expect the world from Urias but I do expect 3-4 good innings. Dodgers will have a lot of fresh arms ready tomorrow night.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's what it looks like when the blue crew shows up. Took long enough. Ive been all
pipe-smoking-baby2.jpg

Meanwhile somewhere in San Francisco @moxie

article-2017419-0D1B7E4A00000578-118_468x302.jpg

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit's making me sick :gaah:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't expect the world from Urias but I do expect 3-4 good innings. Dodgers will have a lot of fresh arms ready tomorrow night.
I honestly didn't give the Dodgers much of a chance to win this, but they have aroused my attention -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this,really couldn't set up any better for the Cibs. Extra rest, home field, Kershaw is gassed, the Dodgers pen is gassed, lefty going in game 1. So I'll say Dodgers in 7 lol
If the Cubs don't step up their game - there won't be a game 7 - damn - I thought the Dodgers had a shitty team at the start of the season - I don't even know who these guys are - they are on a mission

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs don't step up their game - there won't be a game 7 - damn - I thought the Dodgers had a shitty team at the start of the season - I don't even know who these guys are - they are on a mission
I still think it's going 7. You've got to favor the Cubs in game 4 even with their struggles the last few days. Game 5 will be interesting. Talk is Dodgers may go Kershaw but I'm not sure I'd use him game 5 vs Lester. Thats,a tossup game I'm even with Kershaw starting. I may save him for game 6 and then go Hill game 7.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's going 7. You've got to favor the Cubs in game 4 even with their struggles the last few days. Game 5 will be interesting. Talk is Dodgers may go Kershaw but I'm not sure I'd use him game 5 vs Lester. Thats,a tossup game I'm even with Kershaw starting. I may save him for game 6 and then go Hill game 7.
They said earlier today that we most likely won't see him til game 6 - At this point they really have to think to the next game as must win - The Dodgers can't afford to relax - but I will say this - I am beginning to like the new manager of the Dodgers - This guy Dave Roberts is better than I realized. The Cubs are suffering from a melt down - they need a win badly. If they don't tomorrow - then I think it's over for the Cubs - Dodgers are playing way to good to win one more and then lose three straight - that's just not going to happen imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way - If you know anyone that is interested in a the fantasy game - send them the invite and information

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said earlier today that we most likely won't see him til game 6 - At this point they really have to think to the next game as must win - The Dodgers can't afford to relax - but I will say this - I am beginning to like the new manager of the Dodgers - This guy Dave Roberts is better than I realized. The Cubs are suffering from a melt down - they need a win badly. If they don't tomorrow - then I think it's over for the Cubs - Dodgers are playing way to good to win one more and then lose three straight - that's just not going to happen imo
I don't know if it's a melt down really. They've just ran into 2 guys who pitched really well. Tomorrow is the key. If they win tomorrow I think it's anyone's game

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's a melt down really. They've just ran into 2 guys who pitched really well. Tomorrow is the key. If they win tomorrow I think it's anyone's game
Yeah - From what I had heard - The Cubs have been a freight train running over everyone, but now some are saying that's the problem - they didn't have enough diversity in the regular season and had it to easy - could be the Dodgers really peaked, but I think Dave Roberts has really managed it well and prepared the Dodgers team really well while the Cubs may have been a bit to relaxed for their own good. If the Dodgers win tomorrow, I just don't see how the Cubs could come back and win the entire thing but we will see

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs had a chance to knock Hill out of the game with Addison and Montero, two on, one out. Hill bothered by flies in the second inning. Our two worst hitters against lefties. Looks like Joe out thunk himself yet again.

I was pissed from the beginning when these dim nut commentators we are stuck with are talking about how this crew chief ump behind the plate only worked with Hill once in 2008. Who the fuck cares. The ball either curves around the plate, or clips the front corner and dives to the dirt. What difference does it have with the ball crossing home plate?

These cub hitters are guessing. They have hot guessed all year and look where its getting them. Letting extremely hittable fastballs center cut go by as they are looking for the curve. I really hope Javy starts at short tonight, Russell against another lefty, no thanks. Get the out with Heyward. Hopefully he leaves Soler in to at least have some repetition.

As far as the dodgers peaking, there is no question Dave Roberts deserves manager of the year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blow this, Cubs