• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had some dark horse potential coming into the season. The rotation after Gallen/Kelly is still iffy, there's talent but they're inexperienced. Gallen and Kelly have solidified themselves as one of the best 1-2 punches. The lineup is also one of the best scoring offenses in the NL. Carroll is looking like one of the next superstars.
Wel, it does appear that the Dodgers and Padres are having an off year so I guess this could be the time for them to do it. They kind of seem like a team that is run by amateurs but that could just be me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had some dark horse potential coming into the season. The rotation after Gallen/Kelly is still iffy, there's talent but they're inexperienced. Gallen and Kelly have solidified themselves as one of the best 1-2 punches. The lineup is also one of the best scoring offenses in the NL. Carroll is looking like one of the next superstars.
I am surprised Kelly has turned out as well as he has. I kept waiting for him to flounder but he never has.

1st base is a weaker position then people realize and Walker is pretty good actually. Carroll is obviously a star. I thought they got good value for Varsho with Moreno and Gurriel.

I think they will look to add a bullpen piece or two at the deadline.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's correct about the Dodgers, they clearly took a step back this year getting ready to make the godfather offer to Ohtani. Pretty sure that's where he's going.
I would take the Dodgers over the field for Ohtani right now.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised Kelly has turned out as well as he has. I kept waiting for him to flounder but he never has.

1st base is a weaker position then people realize and Walker is pretty good actually. Carroll is obviously a star. I thought they got good value for Varsho with Moreno and Gurriel.

pretty amazing to see someone reach the majors at 30 and have success. Kelly's becoming one of my favorite players, kinda reminds me of when Colby Lewis came back from overseas and pitched well

Walker's a good player. Pop and good defense. Marte's also having a great year so far, hopefully he stays healthy. Perdomo's weird. He's having a great season so far, but he's wildly outperforming his statcast metrics (.374 wOBA vs .283 xwOBA, his EV is under 85 mph)

Agreed about the Varsho trade. Moreno's already looking like a good defensive catcher, I expect him to turn into a good hitter

Last edited:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wel, it does appear that the Dodgers and Padres are having an off year so I guess this could be the time for them to do it. They kind of seem like a team that is run by amateurs but that could just be me

a few years ago I would have completely agreed with you, but I think they've done a nice job with their farm system and they've made some nice trades (Gallen, Gurriel/Moreno)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Ohtani in the Midwest or Philadelphia. I see him going somewhere where he can really capitalize on his unique status as a player; a city where he can really market himself. And that sounds like L.A or NYC unfortunately. Don’ know much about Asian cultures but I assume a large Asian culture would be something he would be looking for and again that sounds like LA or maybe San Francisco, possibly San Diego
All good extrapolations. Though the SD Asian community is more Filipino than Japanese.

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have impressed so far but I still am waiting for the other shoe to drop

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few years ago I would have completely agreed with you, but I think they've done a nice job with their farm system and they've made some nice trades (Gallen, Gurriel/Moreno)
Good point

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuck yeah

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a couple of different teams on top in the West this year. I thought the Giants would finish third and the Diamondbacks last

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a couple of different teams on top in the West this year. I thought the Giants would finish third and the Diamondbacks last
If you thought the DBacks would finish last, you weren’t really paying attention. Even the harshest DBacks critics had the Rox in last.

Most analysts had the division going something like…

Dodgers
Padres

DBacks

Giants

Rockies

With the Padres and Dodgers almost interchangeable and the DBacks just behind them. The Giants and Rox were considered pretty solid in their placements.

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought the DBacks would finish last, you weren’t really paying attention. Even the harshest DBacks critics had the Rox in last.

Most analysts had the division going something like…

Dodgers
Padres

DBacks

Giants

Rockies

With the Padres and Dodgers almost interchangeable and the DBacks just behind them. The Giants and Rox were considered pretty solid in their placements.
Correct. I wasn’t paying much attention to them. I always kind of saw the Diamondbacks as an afterthought. Almost a non major league team that is extremely poorly run. I really liked what I saw from the Giants bullpen top to bottom and I thought it would be their strength and perhaps carry them into third behind some order of the Padres and Dodgers. I always thought the Giants were well managed though not so well run at the top of the organization and the opposite with the Dodgers

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies are good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624-230600.png
    Screenshot_20230624-230600.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 2

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hilarious the Angels and Rockies made a trade right after the game, didn’t even wait until morning to announce it.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it could be Wacha’s put his shoulder at risk by throwing a change with greater movement. Nothing is free.

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing 25-1 to thr Angels yesterday I guess the Rockies are officially the worst team in the division

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outscored 33-12 and they win 2 of 3

lol