• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting for the front office to pull a trade off like Will Clark, Larry Walker but on the pitching side.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting for the front office to pull a trade off like Will Clark, Larry Walker but on the pitching side.
I'm hoping it doesn't happen unless it is for someone with a couple years on the contract still. I don't want to see them give up prospects for a 1/2 year rental. Mostly because I think the Cubs have been underachievers and with Kimbrel now they should start winning 6 of 10 games. I think the Cardinals ceiling may be 5-7 games over .500.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it doesn't happen unless it is for someone with a couple years on the contract still. I don't want to see them give up prospects for a 1/2 year rental. Mostly because I think the Cubs have been underachievers and with Kimbrel now they should start winning 6 of 10 games. I think the Cardinals ceiling may be 5-7 games over .500.

Agree, but if they can deal someone like O'Neill for an arm I would be ok. It will take probablly more, but personally, I am not sold on O'neill andmaybe another team might like a player like him. This division is up for grabs but I agree not to sell the farm.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirate's bats came alive at a nice time...

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen, I present your starting 1b for the St Louis Cardinals...with 31 RBI's at the halfway point, and 7 doubles with a sub 750 OPS and a 97 OPS+. Signed thru 2024 at $26 million a year:
Paul Coldshit!

Lest anyone think it will get better:

Last 30 games: 213/298/352
Last 15 games: 151/262/283
Last 7 games: 143/226/143

From the guy who loved the Goldy trade when it happened!

Goldy will be fine!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still make the deal again. He'll hit his roll. I'm more troubled by the 3 years of Fowler. .233 during his time with the Cardinals. He's still making a couple million more than Goldy this season. I know 2 wrongs don't make it right, but at least Goldy can right his ship where as Fowler has been consistently bad for a few years.

Well said!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a real problem with Goldsmidt. He will come around. His track record proves it. He seems to be pressing and like most STL hitters, letting hittable pitches go and geeting into a pitcher's count.

I couldn't agree more!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but if they can deal someone like O'Neill for an arm I would be ok. It will take probablly more, but personally, I am not sold on O'neill andmaybe another team might like a player like him. This division is up for grabs but I agree not to sell the farm.

This division is definitely up for grabs. Any of the 5 teams in this division could win it.

As poorly as the Cardinals have played during the first half of this season, and after tonight's action, we are only one game behind the Cubs in the all important loss column. It wouldn't surprise me to see first place in this division change hands at least 5 more times before the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see what all the teams in this division do before the trading deadline.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed this is surely going to be close race as the Cubs just are not getting done what is expected from them. As bad as the Brewers have been playing it is amazing they are a game up in the division.

Where is that guy that was posting about how great the Cubs management is and how they know how to build a team. The Cubs have lost every series they have played against the Reds this year and have lost 5 road series in a row

'We haven't capitalized': Cubs realize something isn't right

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed this is surely going to be close race as the Cubs just are not getting done what is expected from them. As bad as the Brewers have been playing it is amazing they are a game up in the division.

Where is that guy that was posting about how great the Cubs management is and how they know how to build a team. The Cubs have lost every series they have played against the Reds this year and have lost 5 road series in a row

We spanked their ass like a drum tonight, I'm not gonna delete that off my DVR for a while :)

Chub catcher sitting on outside corner, ball drifts low and inside to Bell bingo! His oppo fly ball out to left center would have been another HR in almost every other ball park, if not all of them.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still expect the Cubs to put it together. Too much talent for them not to. With Kimbrel joining them, they will shut down the 9th.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is going to be a dog fight.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big believer in run differential at the end of the year for gauging power rankings.

Cards are 2-0 in games I've gone to this year. Good to see a clean game today with good coaching.
so are we going to start a gofund me page to get you tickets for the remaining STL games??

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point about the guy who has disappeared! It seems like a lot of guys disappear who put out a lot of smack talk about a favored team early in the season to never be seen again when their team is not performing up to expectations by mid-season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spanked their ass like a drum tonight, I'm not gonna delete that off my DVR for a while :)

Chub catcher sitting on outside corner, ball drifts low and inside to Bell bingo! His oppo fly ball out to left center would have been another HR in almost every other ball park, if not all of them.

Bell is the real deal and what a night he had last night!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still expect the Cubs to put it together. Too much talent for them not to. With Kimbrel joining them, they will shut down the 9th.

Let's hope the Cubs won't be leading too often in the 9th which will make Kimbrel a non-factor.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope the Cubs won't be leading too often in the 9th which will make Kimbrel a non-factor.
I sure hope so. I'm still the Debbie Downer who thinks the Cards will finish 5-6 games over .500 while the Brewers will finish 8-10 over and the Cubs will finish 10-12 over.
But i am willing to reevaluate those numbers if the Cardinals show some improvement.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are we going to start a gofund me page to get you tickets for the remaining STL games??

Now that's funny! I think I've got some loose change around here to contribute to the go fund me page.