• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds may end up dumping Puig before he can walk as a FA, but an OBP that's under .300 isn't likely to appeal to anybody who needs a corner outfielder.

Pirates are living in the mud right now, not that I mind ... but their pitching all went to the hospital in the same ambulance.

Kimbrell makes the Cubs the favorite now -- IF the Cubs can find another starter at the deadline. Who needs an infielder?
Everyone.

Best trade chip now is Jose Iglesias, and the Reds will deal him.

Cardinals are a .500 team, so they are right where they belong. If I were them, I'd see what Hicks is worth. Throwing 105 gets you lots of offers.

Beers can't catch the Cubs. Mil's pitching is not as good as it looks.
I really thought Puig was a good signing for the Reds. With how well he did in the beginning of his career, I thought change of scenery was what he needed (and the small ballpark). He's got the power and speed, he just needs a good hitting coach to get him to a respectful BA.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds may end up dumping Puig before he can walk as a FA, but an OBP that's under .300 isn't likely to appeal to anybody who needs a corner outfielder.

Pirates are living in the mud right now, not that I mind ... but their pitching all went to the hospital in the same ambulance.

Kimbrell makes the Cubs the favorite now -- IF the Cubs can find another starter at the deadline. Who needs an infielder?
Everyone.

Best trade chip now is Jose Iglesias, and the Reds will deal him.

Cardinals are a .500 team, so they are right where they belong. If I were them, I'd see what Hicks is worth. Throwing 105 gets you lots of offers.

Beers can't catch the Cubs. Mil's pitching is not as good as it looks.

Re: Brewers pitching? Same song as last year.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice win to split the series with Houston. Verlander gets a career high 15 strike outs and it still goes to extra innings for a Brewer win. A total of 7 home runs in the 2 game series for the Brewers

Weird game. Brwers eneded up Kong 24 times and won(wonder what that record is).

Hader pitched an inning and got 1 batter out. Walk then a caught stealing. Walk then a double play. I looked at his line after the game and saw 1 IP 2 BB 3 Batters faced WTH?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Puig was a good signing for the Reds. With how well he did in the beginning of his career, I thought change of scenery was what he needed (and the small ballpark). He's got the power and speed, he just needs a good hitting coach to get him to a respectful BA.
I thought Puig was a good trade...always liked the passion and the tools...but nobody is going after him and his 62 OPS+! 62!!! LMAO...that's pathetic.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Brewers and Cubs were both swept this weekend and the Cards make up a lot of ground...the west coast is a mental barrier that most teams just can't seem to handle.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Brewers and Cubs were both swept this weekend and the Cards make up a lot of ground...the west coast is a mental barrier that most teams just can't seem to handle.

This is why I keep telling all of my Cardinals buddies to keep the faith! The Cardinals have finally gotten into a lighter strength of schedule and they need to make the most of it while it lasts in order to make the NL Central a three team race rather than the two team race that it currently is. You are correct, those west coast road trips are tough for all central and east coast teams and visa versa for west coast teams going east.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I keep telling all of my Cardinals buddies to keep the faith! The Cardinals have finally gotten into a lighter strength of schedule and they need to make the most of it while it lasts in order to make the NL Central a three team race rather than the two team race that it currently is. You are correct, those west coast road trips are tough for all central and east coast teams and visa versa for west coast teams going east.

That seems to be the prevailing wisdom, but I wonder if there is anymore than just a home park edge?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the prevailing wisdom, but I wonder if there is anymore than just a home park edge?

You make a good point for discussion. I think home field advantage is not quite what it use to be since fans travel from everywhere these days to see their team play as a visitor. I don't know what the ticket sales are like for your team in Milwaukee is when it comes to visiting team fans buying a portion of the tickets but when the Cardinals play the Cubs, whether it's in Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field, the stands are usually full of both red and blue shirts cheering for their team.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point for discussion. I think home field advantage is not quite what it use to be since fans travel from everywhere these days to see their team play as a visitor. I don't know what the ticket sales are like for your team in Milwaukee is when it comes to visiting team fans buying a portion of the tickets but when the Cardinals play the Cubs, whether it's in Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field, the stands are usually full of both red and blue shirts cheering for their team.
Same for Milwaukee. Too damn many Cub's fans in the stands. There was some noise last year about it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for Milwaukee. Too damn many Cub's fans in the stands. There was some noise last year about it.
Give Milwaukee fans priority on ticket purchases.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers lose the first 2 games of the series to the lowly Giants after playing so well in Houston?

What in the living hell..............

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you man! All teams are greedy when it comes to filling up the seats with fannys but doing this also takes away the home field advantage in many cases.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO CARDS

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Dodgers' Kenley Jansen executes odd play in pivotal moment against Chicago Cubs

The Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday performed an unusual move during its game against the Chicago Cubs.

In the ninth inning with Cubs outfielder Jason Heyward on second base and the Dodgers up two runs, Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen struck out David Bote for the second out of the inning. Jansen then told the home plate umpire he was going to balk, according to the Orange County Register.

Jansen went ahead and balked, moving Heyward to third base. He then struck out Victor Caratini to end the game. The strategy behind the balk was to prevent the runner at second base from potentially stealing signs from the catcher and relaying the information to the batter, according to the paper.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got tickets for the A's-Cubs series in August. Very excited. :suds:

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Dodgers' Kenley Jansen executes odd play in pivotal moment against Chicago Cubs

The Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday performed an unusual move during its game against the Chicago Cubs.

In the ninth inning with Cubs outfielder Jason Heyward on second base and the Dodgers up two runs, Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen struck out David Bote for the second out of the inning. Jansen then told the home plate umpire he was going to balk, according to the Orange County Register.

Jansen went ahead and balked, moving Heyward to third base. He then struck out Victor Caratini to end the game. The strategy behind the balk was to prevent the runner at second base from potentially stealing signs from the catcher and relaying the information to the batter, according to the paper.

Would have laughed my ass off if Jansen spiked a slider in the dirt allowing Heyward to score

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brewers are in their annual pre-All Star break swoon

Cot Damn It

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear that on the radio sports talk shows, when the Pirates are the subject, everyday is groundhog day.
:gaah::gaah::gaah:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck, as long as they're playing like clowns, might as well get swept by the Reds too....