• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit what a finish. Huge throw from JMartinez to gun down Newman at home and big play by CMartinez to cut down the runner at 3rd on the poor sac bunt attempt

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I spoke too soon..

I couldn't speak at all in that 10th inning!

We had one Martinez who nailed a runner trying to score and another Martinez who almost blew a save but I'll take the 6-5 win to move us into 2nd place, at least on this night, as the Brewers blew a lead late and lost to the Reds.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit what a finish. Huge throw from JMartinez to gun down Newman at home and big play by CMartinez to cut down the runner at 3rd on the poor sac bunt attempt

What a race in this NL Central!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATTENTION CUBS FANS :

You might want to check your rear view mirror because it is filled with a huge flock of red birds headed your way!

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates get the bases loaded with 0 outs. they then proceed to not be able to get the ball out of the infield!!!
:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah: :eek::eek: :mad2:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still just hoping or have you added a little bit of confidence to your hope?
No confidence. Better hope though. I feel the Cubs are underachieving and think they will still upgrade before the trade deadline. I do think the Cardinals can win the division, but I'm only giving it a 20% chance. Cubs 60% and the Brew Crew 20%.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No confidence. Better hope though. I feel the Cubs are underachieving and think they will still upgrade before the trade deadline. I do think the Cardinals can win the division, but I'm only giving it a 20% chance. Cubs 60% and the Brew Crew 20%.

Well, I'm glad to hear that at least your hope is higher. Yes, the trade deadline for all of the contenders will be a key to what might happen for the rest of the season and the upcoming series soon with the Cubs at the Cardinals might tell us a lot too but I still have confidence at this point in our team. GO RED BIRDS!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any manager or front office that throws Carpenter back into this line-up just because he is healthy should be fired. Why mess with this chemistry right now?

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 out 3 from Milwaukee......I guess all we can say is you're welcome St. Louis.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see if Munoz gets plunked next AB. With rhe way Wainright has been pitching, the "unwritten rule" shouldn't apply. Good base running when the pitcher is ignoring you.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any manager or front office that throws Carpenter back into this line-up just because he is healthy should be fired. Why mess with this chemistry right now?

I certainly do not disagree with you about this with the roll that we are on without Carpenter.

However, I've got a feeling we will see him back in the starting lineup on Friday night or Saturday at the latest. I hope I'm wrong!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place Cardinals. Good news is that Marp had a little set back and will not return this weekend. Don't mean to sound negative, but this team is playing well now. No need to screw things up.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place Cardinals. Good news is that Marp had a little set back and will not return this weekend. Don't mean to sound negative, but this team is playing well now. No need to screw things up.

Well, at least we've got a share of first place on this day anyway but we've got a really good team to deal with beginning tomorrow night in a three game series when the Astros come calling in St. Louis. Even though we will not have to face Verlander in this series we will still have to face Cole so this series is not going to be easy. Yes, we are playing the way most loyal Cardinals fans expected us to be playing all season long right now and we don't need to insert Carpenter into our lineup right now to screw up our team chemistry. With the Cubs at the Brewers starting tomorrow night in a three game series I'm hoping the Brewers will go 2-1 in that series. Next week should tell us a lot when the Cubs come calling at Busch Stadium. GO RED BIRDS!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least we've got a share of first place on this day anyway but we've got a really good team to deal with beginning tomorrow night in a three game series when the Astros come calling in St. Louis. Even though we will not have to face Verlander in this series we will still have to face Cole so this series is not going to be easy. Yes, we are playing the way most loyal Cardinals fans expected us to be playing all season long right now and we don't need to insert Carpenter into our lineup right now to screw up our team chemistry. With the Cubs at the Brewers starting tomorrow night in a three game series I'm hoping the Brewers will go 2-1 in that series. Next week should tell us a lot when the Cubs come calling at Busch Stadium. GO RED BIRDS!

I agree. Time to stop playing to remain close and start playing to win every game. 55-60 games like it's a playoff.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepper your angus Central.

Alex Wood is joining the Reds starting rotation on Sunday. We're not dead yet. :D