• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently the 3 best teams in the NL are all in the NL Central.

I feel like that says more about the NL than the NL Central. Brewers and Cardinals both seem to have more legs in their late season runs than they did last year, though.

Clayton, The way things are going the last week of the regular season should provide some classic NL baseball with which teams want to go to the big dance the most.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow was nice to get the series win against the Cubs tonight with a chance for a sweep tomorrow.

The Cubs kicked the Brewers ass back in April going 7 - 1 against then and out scoring them 30 - 8. Since that time the Brewers have gone 5 - 2 against the Cubs and out scored them 33-19.

A 5 series win streak. The 6 players added since the all star break have seemed to have helped. Hopefully they can keep it up through the last month of the season

Your brew crew is certainly showing some September grit, that's for sure.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, The way things are going the last week of the regular season should provide some classic NL baseball with which teams want to go to the big dance the most.

I dont know if it just me but it seem odd that the last series of the year for the Brewers is the Tigers from the American league. You would think they would end the regular season with a division foe or something?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if it just me but it seem odd that the last series of the year for the Brewers is the Tigers from the American league. You would think they would end the regular season with a division foe or something?

I agree with you, that does seem odd since the Cardinals finish the regular season with a 3 game series at the Cubs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, that does seem odd since the Cardinals finish the regular season with a 3 game series at the Cubs.

Of the remaining games left the Brewers have 6 games left with teams that have winning records one with you and one at the Cubs, the rest are 2 with the Pirates, one with the Reds, one with the Giants and one with the Tigers

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the remaining games left the Brewers have 6 games left with teams that have winning records one with you and one at the Cubs, the rest are 2 with the Pirates, one with the Reds, one with the Giants and one with the Tigers

One thing that could help both the Brewers and the Cardinals is the Cubs are only about half way through their current stretch of 23 games in 23 days without a day off since they have some games to make up with their next off day being September 14th.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy that the Pirates are beating these teams lower in the standings than them.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy that the Pirates are beating these teams lower in the standings than them.

I think your Pirates have a good shot at finishing at .500 or better but I hope they don't get those needed wins to do this on their return trip to St. Louis next week.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cubs are in a rain delay at Washington for todays doubleheader. Looks like a very long day in DC.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a good idea for the Pirate game to be cancelled. some of the roadways coming into town are nearly underwater now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a good idea for the Pirate game to be cancelled. some of the roadways coming into town are nearly underwater now.

I wish that game had been played so the Cardinals wouldn't have to face Williams tonight.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers now 1 game back

You are right about that with a chance to pull even with the Cubs tonight.

The Cardinals have a 2 game lead over the Dodgers for the 2nd wildcard spot but there is very little room for error the rest of the way for any of the NL contenders.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this has been amazing as expectations were trying to see just how things would fall apart based on past history but things have been going well. The 6 new players added since the all start break have fit in well and they are all being used adding veteran experience. Granderson has been hitting almost .500 since he joined the team and had a big home run tonight in the 9th with only a 1 run lead.

This was the first series the Cubs have lost at home since the end of May. The Brewers have taken 2 series from the Cubs in September showing they are competitive with them as the playoffs arrive. The bull pen has been amazing and Hader has struck out his last 9 batters.

The Brewers were 1 - 7 against the Cubs at the end of April but since then have been 7 - 4 to end the games against the Cubs with now only a 1 game deficit with every Thursday off the rest of the Season while the Cubs have to play like 30 days in a row.

Just have to keep the fingers crossed as would much rather win the division than that 1 game wild card BS

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs sure have a tough schedule the rest of the way. they play a ton of ball until the end of the season.
Maddon can't rest his starting lineup too much.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this has been amazing as expectations were trying to see just how things would fall apart based on past history but things have been going well. The 6 new players added since the all start break have fit in well and they are all being used adding veteran experience. Granderson has been hitting almost .500 since he joined the team and had a big home run tonight in the 9th with only a 1 run lead.

This was the first series the Cubs have lost at home since the end of May. The Brewers have taken 2 series from the Cubs in September showing they are competitive with them as the playoffs arrive. The bull pen has been amazing and Hader has struck out his last 9 batters.

The Brewers were 1 - 7 against the Cubs at the end of April but since then have been 7 - 4 to end the games against the Cubs with now only a 1 game deficit with every Thursday off the rest of the Season while the Cubs have to play like 30 days in a row.

Just have to keep the fingers crossed as would much rather win the division than that 1 game wild card BS

Isn't NL baseball exciting down the stretch when you have a dog in the hunt? With the 5 playoff positions available in the NL only the Atlanta Braves seem to have punched their ticket. Your Brewers are certainly playing well down the stretch and hopefully my Cardinals will continue to do this too. We've got a big series coming up with you guys soon.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs sure have a tough schedule the rest of the way. they play a ton of ball until the end of the season.
Maddon can't rest his starting lineup too much.

After 23 games in 23 days tomorrow was suppose to be an off day for the Cubs but instead they have to go to Washington for a make up game. I hope they will have more rain outs so they will have to make up even more games.