• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta added to the All Star team now makes 4 Brewer pitchers at the game,

Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta and Hader

This has to a first time ever for the Brewers

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suarez still has a good shot at one of the worst 30+ HR seasons of all-time. Just hit #18 in the 9th to give the Reds the win, now rocking a 69 wRC+

Rougned Odor had a 56 wRC+ in 2017 when he clubbed 30 homers. Incredible... and not in a good way.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the Cardinal bats come alive yesterday, if only basically for 1 inning. The bad yesterday was the defense of Molina. He caused Kim to get 2 WP's awarded him because he was too lazy to block pitches, not sure why they weren't called PB's. Then the foul pop up that he botched. He desperately needs this time off.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the Cardinal bats come alive yesterday, if only basically for 1 inning. The bad yesterday was the defense of Molina. He caused Kim to get 2 WP's awarded him because he was too lazy to block pitches, not sure why they weren't called PB's. Then the foul pop up that he botched. He desperately needs this time off.

With the way this season has gone I think we are fortunate to be where we are at the all star break. On top of that we will be getting several of our players back into the lineup soon who have been injured. Then it's just a matter of focus one game at a time until we get back into the hunt and I think we can do that. Yadi is still playing with an injured right knee but I'd rather have half of Yadi than all of Knizner doing our catching so I'm not going to be as tough on #4 as you are because he has contributed way more this season than I thought he would.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way this season has gone I think we are fortunate to be where we are at the all star break. On top of that we will be getting several of our players back into the lineup soon who have been injured. Then it's just a matter of focus one game at a time until we get back into the hunt and I think we can do that. Yadi is still playing with an injured right knee but I'd rather have half of Yadi than all of Knizner doing our catching so I'm not going to be as tough on #4 as you are because he has contributed way more this season than I thought he would.

See, that's the problem with Molina and Schildt. Molina can do anything and Schildt will never bench him. I am tired off his half-assed attitude lately. Granted he is better than any back up but he needs to be held to a higher standard. He did Kim wrong Saturday by being lazy behind the plate. I guess Kim could blame the official scorer, but both announcers, on an unbiased broadcast, said the same thing.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that's the problem with Molina and Schildt. Molina can do anything and Schildt will never bench him. I am tired off his half-assed attitude lately. Granted he is better than any back up but he needs to be held to a higher standard. He did Kim wrong Saturday by being lazy behind the plate. I guess Kim could blame the official scorer, but both announcers, on an unbiased broadcast, said the same thing.

If you were Schildt would you bench Molina to play Knizner, a guy who cannot even hit his weight? I guess I'm not seeing this half-assed attitude you speak about lately. What I am seeing is an entire team slump for about a month with the exception of Waino and Reyes and even Reyes can't seem to pitch a clean 9th without a lot of unnecessary drama. Simply put, almost our entire team has underperformed through the all star break. There is a lot of baseball left to be played and if we can get healthy and start playing up to our potential as a team we can get back into the playoff hunt.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a bitch.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the holy hell is Carpenter batting 3rd? I can see giving Arenado a day off, but 3rd?

And a half ass swing for strike three.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why is Carlso still leading off when Edman is 50 points high when hitting lead off?

One more question...are Carpenter 's throws from 3rd to 1st being delivered by UPS or FEDEX?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crapenter just K'd for the 3rd time.

I've got the same questions you've got tonight. First of all Edman should always be hitting 1st in the lineup. As for Carpenter, I guess he got the start at 3rd base tonight against their righty because there was no other position to play him at with Arenado getting a well deserved day off. My question remains why is Carpenter still on the team?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlson has made some almost great plays in RF, but he seems to have the Carlos Martinez brain fart plays. This game should be tied, not behind.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cardinals going to be buyers or sellers?

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cardinals going to be buyers or sellers?

Seriously though, I can see STL standing pat. They aren't going anywhere this year, imo, too far back to catch the Brewers or wild card. I know there's alot of games yet, but not sure they can string wins together.

Your Brewers will be hard to catch.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus christ what a game for Votto. He's hit two home runs and helped convert an insane double play