• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Cubs, Cards and Brewers all play meh. On of the teams wins 6 games in the last week and wins the pennant

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Cubs, Cards and Brewers all play meh. On of the teams wins 6 games in the last week and wins the pennant

Well, I asked for predictions and your prediction is just as solid as any that could be given.

I'll predict that it will go down to the last couple of days, and possibly the last day, of the regular season until the NL Central winner is determined and I'll also predict that a wild card team will be coming out of this division with all three of these teams appearing to be so evenly matched.

Now with that said I'll also predict that no matter which team or teams make the playoffs from the NL Central they won't last long against the Dodgers, Braves, and possibly the Nationals but I hope I'm wrong.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are 10 games over .500 for the first time since May 1st.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is this goddamn love affair with Matt Carpenter going to end? It is time for a phantom injury to appear so they can bench him. Un-fuckning-believable.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is this goddamn love affair with Matt Carpenter going to end? It is time for a phantom injury to appear so they can bench him. Un-fuckning-believable.

Well, that 10 games over .500 didn't last long, did it?

As far as Carpenter, I agree with you. We can't keep giving away outs from a hitter who is not even hitting his weight as we go down the stretch. I felt the same way last season about Fowler and Wong while Carpenter was hot in the second half of the season. Hopefully we can win this series at home against the Rockies before we play the Brewers again in their backyard next week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have beaten no serious NL team other than the Cubs and they are questionable because they lost to the Rockies. And before someone brings up that it doesn't make sense, the same teams have generally beaten the same teams.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have beaten no serious NL team other than the Cubs and they are questionable because they lost to the Rockies. And before someone brings up that it doesn't make sense, the same teams have generally beaten the same teams.
The Dodgers are 4-2 against Atlanta, 4-3 against the Nats, 4-3 against the Brewers, 3-1 against the Mets and 5-2 against the Phils. 3-4 against the Cards. They've also destroyed their division. They've done quite well against the majority of the NL.

Last edited:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great day for the Cardinals with a win and both the Cubs and Brewers lose!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season on the line for the Brew Crew
If they do not win this home series with the Cardinals, I am afraid they are done.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season on the line for the Brew Crew
If they do not win this home series with the Cardinals, I am afraid they are done.
Cubs will enjoy the Cards and Brew Crew beating each other up.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs will enjoy the Cards and Brew Crew beating each other up.

I'm hoping for at least a split in the first two because I like our chances Wednesday with our ace pitching.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for at least a split in the first two because I like our chances Wednesday with our ace pitching.
Well, you'll at least get your split in the first 2 games.
This team is so "streaky". I've never seen anything like it. They are capable of winning 5 in a row and then losing 5 in a row. I'm hoping they they are clicking well enough to avoid another losing streak. It looks like the players are starting to get excited. That is cool. My biggest worry is Carpenter. He doesn't look comfortable at the plate at all.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you'll at least get your split in the first 2 games.
This team is so "streaky". I've never seen anything like it. They are capable of winning 5 in a row and then losing 5 in a row. I'm hoping they they are clicking well enough to avoid another losing streak. It looks like the players are starting to get excited. That is cool. My biggest worry is Carpenter. He doesn't look comfortable at the plate at all.

That's what I'm talking about! I hope we have graduated from 'streaky' lately since we've won something like 14 or 15 out of our last 18 with our pitching and hitting finally coming together at just the right time. I haven't checked our stats but I think we've been averaging about 8 1/2 runs per game in our last several games. Yes, I'm worried about Carpenter too although he did have a 3 hit game against the Rockies the other day. I'm also worried about Waino continuing to get starts since he seems to have lost it lately. Mikolas also needs to show that he belongs tonight.

You know I've got to ask you this again: Has any of your hope turned into any confidence yet? Are you still giving us only a 20% chance to win the NL Central? I look forward to your answers.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm talking about! I hope we have graduated from 'streaky' lately since we've won something like 14 or 15 out of our last 18 with our pitching and hitting finally coming together at just the right time. I haven't checked our stats but I think we've been averaging about 8 1/2 runs per game in our last several games. Yes, I'm worried about Carpenter too although he did have a 3 hit game against the Rockies the other day. I'm also worried about Waino continuing to get starts since he seems to have lost it lately. Mikolas also needs to show that he belongs tonight.

You know I've got to ask you this again: Has any of your hope turned into any confidence yet? Are you still giving us only a 20% chance to win the NL Central? I look forward to your answers.
Well, with a 3 games lead I'd say I'd give them a +50% chance. 7 of the last 10 games against the Cubs will not allow much continence to creep in. As recently as 3 weeks ago we lost 5 in a row. Things change so quickly in this division. The Cards, Cubs and Brewers can win or lose 5 in a row just like that.
It's nice to see the team batting average trending up. In June we were last in MLB. July 18th and Aug 14th. Nice to see.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with a 3 games lead I'd say I'd give them a +50% chance. 7 of the last 10 games against the Cubs will not allow much continence to creep in. As recently as 3 weeks ago we lost 5 in a row. Things change so quickly in this division. The Cards, Cubs and Brewers can win or lose 5 in a row just like that.
It's nice to see the team batting average trending up. In June we were last in MLB. July 18th and Aug 14th. Nice to see.

I clicked 'Like' my friend because you have raised our stakes from 20% to 50% to win the NL Central but you still didn't tell me if your hope has turned into any confidence yet.

I'm well aware of those season ending games coming up against the Cubs and this is why it's so important that we continue to build on our 3 game lead. The Cubs are not playing good baseball right now and particularly on the road. They open a series tonight in New York against the Mets and they will be facing some good starting pitching in all 3 games. September is going to be interesting!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to the Brewers to allow a rain delay at a stadium with a roof. Guess the guy watching the radar had to go take a piss.