• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout dem 1st place Cardinals who are leading by .001 percentage point at least on this night!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Bryce Harper for that walk off grand slam home run in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Cubs!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think your Reds are in an uptrend which has got to make you feel better.
I don't get too warped either way. The game is dreadfully dull now, and depends on whether the guy in the booth can piss his pants when a reliever throws 110 mph and the hitter cranks it 499 feet off the bridge across the bay.

When they actually fix the ball back to a real ball, I doubt Pete Alonso will hit 40 home runs in 5 months. Tommy Edmon, seriously?

I watch umpires with no clue on the strike zone, or spend half the game asking the base up whether a guy swung or not ... and the rest of it wondering why they don't just run the replay on every play at any base.

When a pitcher has 12 strikeouts in 5 innings, the game is trending toward a degree of suckage that makes me sad I don't give a shit about football.

The Reds can finish 4th, and that's all right. If they finish first, it won't make my life any longer. The guys who are fun to watch just get traded to Cleveland.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get too warped either way. The game is dreadfully dull now, and depends on whether the guy in the booth can piss his pants when a reliever throws 110 mph and the hitter cranks it 499 feet off the bridge across the bay.

When they actually fix the ball back to a real ball, I doubt Pete Alonso will hit 40 home runs in 5 months. Tommy Edmon, seriously?

I watch umpires with no clue on the strike zone, or spend half the game asking the base up whether a guy swung or not ... and the rest of it wondering why they don't just run the replay on every play at any base.

When a pitcher has 12 strikeouts in 5 innings, the game is trending toward a degree of suckage that makes me sad I don't give a shit about football.

The Reds can finish 4th, and that's all right. If they finish first, it won't make my life any longer. The guys who are fun to watch just get traded to Cleveland.

So, which sports do you actually get excited about, if any?

Personally, I live for NFL Sundays!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that was a tough 2-1 loss but at least the Phillies helped us stay tied for 1st by beating the Cubs.

Only TWELVE outs that Cardinals made were NOT bystriking out. What a friggin disgrace. Taking called third strike right down the middle with bases juiced. Ozuna doing a great Alfonso Soriano imitation of swinging at crap in the dirt and in the opposite batter's box......UGH !!!!!!!!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only TWELVE outs that Cardinals made were NOT bystriking out. What a friggin disgrace. Taking called third strike right down the middle with bases juiced. Ozuna doing a great Alfonso Soriano imitation of swinging at crap in the dirt and in the opposite batter's box......UGH !!!!!!!!

You know the old saying 'good pitching always stops good hitting' and the Reds starting rotation is not too bad. I don't like the pitching matchup tonight either as we have to face their ace with Wainwright.

With that said, I agree with you about last night's game as we took way too many called third strikes. Goldy, in particular, and all season long, has taken way too many called second strikes before he even swings the bat and he seems to almost always be hitting behind in the count. Yes, Ozuna swings at way too many pitches way out of the zone but with all of my moaning and groaning we are still very much in the hunt to win this NL Central.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs get walked off again.....lovin it.

Are you happier with those Cardinals bats tonight?

It was a great night for the Cardinals as they jumped all over Castillo early and often on their way to routing the Reds and with both the Cubs and the Brewers losing one run games it made for a sweet night.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you happier with those Cardinals bats tonight?

It was a great night for the Cardinals as they jumped all over Castillo early and often on their way to routing the Reds and with both the Cubs and the Brewers losing one run games it made for a sweet night.
Much

Much happier, but Mo's girlfriend, who is entrench into the line-up, was hitless.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much

Much happier, but Mo's girlfriend, who is entrench into the line-up, was hitless.

Well, I guess everyone in the lineup can't get a hit even on a great night.

I'm really happy with the way we have been playing lately overall but we've got to keep pushing the pedal to the metal with the stretch run coming up soon by beating the teams we are suppose to beat and winning our share against the teams we are competing against at the top.

Right now the Cubs middle and late inning relief pitching is terrible and we need to take advantage of that as the Cubs continue to struggle on the road.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that was a damn crazy game and surprised they pulled out after like 17 pitchers being used and 7 home runs for the Brewers I guess the last time that happened was like 1980 or something. a 15-14 win in 15 innings

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A horse race down to the wire between the Cubs, Cards and Brewers.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Molina should have been yanked out of the game immediateky after that embarrassing lack of hustle on that DP situation. SMH

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Molina should have been yanked out of the game immediateky after that embarrassing lack of hustle on that DP situation. SMH

I agree because base running is fundamental whether you are a veteran or a rookie.

A play that has always bothered me is when a batter makes a slow trot towards first base when he thinks he has hit it out only to see it hit the wall for a long single when he should have ended up on second or third.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NL Central fans . . . we finally made it to 100 pages on this thread.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we are with about 1 1/2 months left in the regular season and there is still no clear cut winner to win this division with the top three teams still battling it out and possibly one of these three teams will also get a sudden death wild card game.

So, regardless of who you are cheering for, put that on hold for a moment and predict what you think is going to happen the rest of the way.