• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners vs Chiefs

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't want him to stay long term....when they offered the highest contract ever? Uh huh. Again...the dumbassery is on Bell and Bell alone. His stupidity cost him the guaranteed money...not the Steelers 'cheapness.' You are free to defend his stupidity...I am done on this.

With 10 million guaranteed it only really worth the guaranteed money, so again yes the Steelers were being CHEAP and using the suspension as a reason to do so it is their right. It is also Bell's right to refuse the 10 million guaranteed money deal. He knows he can get more if he hits the open market so why short change himself and why lay too much on the line for a team that clearly he feels disrespected him. He will report and to the Steelers only when he has to. He has every right to do so under NFL bylaws. I'm not defending his off field behavior but he has every right to protect himself and his future earning potential against the CHEAP Steelers.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd round pick doesn't qualify as a high draft pick to me
So it's a matter whether the Yorks will open up thier fat purse

A 3rd round pick is valuable. It isn't just about spending money. There are also longer salary cap concerns about whether the team wants to commit that much money to a RB

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with how the 49ers have picked in the third round for the last decade the 3rd round has held no value for them. Now this new regime seems to be doing a better job but the verdict is still out of Beathard, Witherspoon, Warner or Moore. Bell on the other hand is a known star.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd round pick is valuable. It isn't just about spending money. There are also longer salary cap concerns about whether the team wants to commit that much money to a RB
The team doesn't have a ton of salary cap room to play with
A 3rd is just that.
Yes one can luck out and draft a good player but, here we are talking about adding a proven great one

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
/
Should be a top 5 pick now and all it took was losing the starting QB. They will get a top pass rusher for sure Deep should be happy now.

i would be extremely happy if we got a solid 'Elephant'. But no guarantees in any draft, so there might not have a "Myles Garret"?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also with this happening should the 49ers offer up a trade package to the Steelers for Bell?

i will have to side with those opposed to Bell. Yes, he is clearly talented, but nothing wrong with McKinnon and Breida. I don't think Bell would produce much more than these two guys, the reason being the scheme. I don't think Bell is more adept outside, than these two guys? Even if he IS a little better, does that justify the cost of getting him? I'd say no.

Secondarily, i'd be concerned with his off field 'effect'?

Last edited:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest needs going into next year are edge rusher and cornerback. They need to focus #1 and #2 on those.

Yes, Edge rusher is a given, a 3-down OLB with mad rush skills. Granted this player is HARD to find and then hard to obtain.

If there isn't one or not enough value in those on the board, we could defintely use a CB. Best value will drive the decision but unfortunately, we fans won't REALLY know best value? All we can do is go by Need.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The injury was determined to be a calf strain this morning. Out a few weeks. Meanwhile they are planning to start Ward there so at least Witherspoon won't get picked on as much with Ward being so crappy.

It was a tough decison picking up Ward's option, but here now is the reason. Yes, he isn't a top talent at CB, but he can plug in knowing the scheme and teammates.

We might just see how far the other CB's have come? Cause if Wards starts to get TOO burnt, they might as well insert others.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will have to side with those opposed to Bell. Yes, he is clearly talented, but nothing wrong with McKinnon and Breida. I don't think Bell would produce much more than these two guys, the reason being the scheme. I don't think Bell is more adept outside, than these two guys? Even if he IS a little better, does that justify the cost of getting him? I'd say no.

Secondarily, i'd be concerned with his off field 'effect'?

Bell is more than a little better than Breida and McKinnon. But I get the concerns and the reluctance to pay him huge money. I would do it especially if our starter hadn't just torn his acl.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is more than a little better than Breida and McKinnon. But I get the concerns and the reluctance to pay him huge money. I would do it especially if our starter hadn't just torn his acl.
Breida has certainly been a pleasant surprise so far.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough decison picking up Ward's option, but here now is the reason. Yes, he isn't a top talent at CB, but he can plug in knowing the scheme and teammates.

We might just see how far the other CB's have come? Cause if Wards starts to get TOO burnt, they might as well insert others.

Ward's play this season isn't even average. He is playing crappy.