• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners vs Chiefs

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but, on the other hand if it's only a 3rd ?

'Only a 3rd?' SF needs all the draft commodity it can get for positions they truly need. I wouldn't want Bell for a 7th, given what he's demanding, how he's gone about his business in Pittsburgh, and the fact he's been suspended multiple times. He's a 'me-first' cancer who offers little to a team whose season is practically over from a competitive angle.

Edge rushers, DB's...those have to be the priorities.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Only a 3rd?' SF needs all the draft commodity it can get for positions they truly need. I wouldn't want Bell for a 7th, given what he's demanding, how he's gone about his business in Pittsburgh, and the fact he's been suspended multiple times. He's a 'me-first' cancer who offers little to a team whose season is practically over from a competitive angle.

OMG a 3rd round pick
I won't disagree that our needs are still DB's and passrushers
As they been for sometime

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG a 3rd round pick

The Niners are in no position to start handing out third round draft picks (in our case, probably a pretty high 3rd now) for a guy with as many question marks as Bell. He certainly isn't the final piece for a SB team, and in fact, may drive the team further away from a title.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are in no position to start handing out third round draft picks (in our case, probably a pretty high 3rd now) for a guy with as many question marks as Bell. He certainly isn't the final piece for a SB team, and in fact, may drive the team further away from a title.
How so ? What questions does he present ?
Is he not a top talent?
At a position that has a lot of question marks ?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so ? What questions does he present ?
Is he not a top talent?
At a position that has a lot of question marks ?

He's held out twice, and his teammates are pissed, so that tells me he's not really a team player. He plays a position that has been rendered second-tiered, yet he wants first-tier money. It's been rumoured he wants QB money.....that's a damn joke. SF has paid money to Jerrick McKinnon and Breida has shown some signs that a duo between the two might be pretty good. He's been suspended twice....do you really want SF to gamble on an idiot who may miss a year or so because he blew off a piss test or something?

Is he talented? Of course. Is that talent worth all the trouble and potential trouble down the line? No effin way.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's held out twice, and his teammates are pissed, so that tells me he's not really a team player. He plays a position that has been rendered second-tiered, yet he wants first-tier money. SF has paid money to Jerrick McKinnon and Breida has shown some signs that a duo between the two might be pretty good. It's been rumoured he wants QB money.....that's a damn joke. He's been suspended twice....do you really want SF to gamble on an idiot who many miss a year or so because he blew off a piss test or something?

Is he talented? Of course. Is that talent worth all the trouble and potential trouble down the line? No effin way.
A NFLer looking to be paid
Those guys aren't even in the same leauge as runningbacks
A 3rd rounder isn't that much of a gamble
Did you raise a stink whe they used a 2nd on JimmyG ?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Bell is a luxury this team does not need right now. Edge rusher and cornerback are the biggest needs in the draft and they need to be #1 and #2 in the draft. I doesn't matter to me what order depending on where the elite talent is.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A franchise QB is way more important than a RB. He wants top money and we already are paying McKinnon big bucks. That is a lot of money tied up in the RB position for a team that has a lot of holes in its roster.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A franchise QB is way more important than a RB. He wants top money and we already are paying McKinnon big bucks. That is a lot of money tied up in the RB position for a team that has a lot of holes in its roster.

McKinnion is out. He also seemed to be more of a complimenrty back anyways
Can you imagine filing the two most important offensive positions with a 2nd and 3rd rounder ?
We could be set for a number of years
BTW where did the he's available for A 3rd rounder come from ?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine filing the two most important offensive positions with a 2nd and 3rd rounder ?

I haven't followed the Bell rumors closely so I don't know about the third rounder. McKinnon is out this year but we definitely are done for the year now with Jimmy G out and even with Jimmy G the defense isn't up to par to take us anywhere.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed the Bell rumors closely so I don't know about the third rounder. McKinnon is out this year but we definitely are done for the year now with Jimmy G out and even with Jimmy G the defense isn't up to par to take us anywhere.
This isn't just about this season
But,other teams are just going to put 8 in the box and make us beat them through the air
Bell is a 3 downback. He should be agreat fit for Shanny's O

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Garoppolo for a 2nd was an easy decision. A potential franchise player at a position that far, FAR and away impacts a game over a running back. A L. Bell without all the supsensions, holdouts, ludicrous contract demands, less tread on the tires......yeah...I can see a third rounder.

The Bell we all know about? With THAT history? No way. The Jets or some other idiotic franchise can have him.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Garoppolo for a 2nd was an easy decision. A potential franchise player at a position that far, FAR and away impacts a game over a running back. A L. Bell without all the supsensions, holdouts, ludicrous contract demands, less tread on the tires......yeah...I can see a third rounder.

The Bell we all know about? With THAT history? No way. The Jets or some other idiotic franchise can have him.
So having a run attack no longer is a QB's best friend ?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Bell, we would need a G, WR, RT/LT on Offense, CB, RLB, more speed on Defense and still be under the Cap!?! Go 49ers!!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having a run attack no longer is a QB's best friend ?

It's a great benefit....as I said....I can give up a third for a L. Bell-type talent withOUT:

The asinine contract demands that he should be getting QB money.
The multiple holdouts (one currently into the regular season) that show what kind of 'teammate' he is.
The multiple suspensions which surely means he's 1 strike away from a long time ban of some sorts if/when he's busted again.
The multiple seasons of a heavy workload at a position that is noted for breaking down early.

It just doesn't make sense to give up a third round draft pick for someone with that kind of resume.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's mostly from the fact that the Steelers will only get a third round comp pick if he leaves. So third round pick seems the most likely considering unlike Mack you can't sign him to an extension due to franchise tag. So a high third is about the best they are probably going to get. Also for those saying Bell is just a Running Back understates what he does. He's the #1 RB for the Steelers and the #2 WR in Shanahan's offense he would go nuts. He really want's the security of a multi year deal at 15 million or so a year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great benefit....as I said....I can give up a third for a L. Bell-type talent withOUT:

The asinine contract demands that he should be getting QB money.
The multiple holdouts (one currently into the regular season) that show what kind of 'teammate' he is.
The multiple suspensions which surely means he's 1 strike away from a long time ban of some sorts if/when he's busted again.
The multiple seasons of a heavy workload at a position that is noted for breaking down early.

It just doesn't make sense to give up a third round draft pick for someone with that kind of resume.

This is why he doesn't want to play year by year on a franchise tag. He basically want's what a top RB and #2 WR would get paid as he feels he does both for the steelers which is why he wants more than 14.5 million a season. I have no problem with NFL players trying to get as much money as they can while they can. If the Steelers are too cheap to pay him that's their problem not his.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why he doesn't want to play year by year on a franchise tag. He basically want's what a top RB and #2 WR would get paid as he feels he does both for the steelers which is why he wants more than 14.5 million a season. I have no problem with NFL players trying to get as much money as they can while they can. If the Steelers are too cheap to pay him that's their problem not his.

The Steelers are cheap in this? Wrong. They've offered the highest contract ever for an RB (numbers around the D. Johnson and T. Gurley contracts, so the whole 'he wants to be paid like the best RB and #2 receiver is moot) the past two seasons and Bell turned them down. Why? From my understanding is that the guaranteed money wasn't to Bell's liking. What do I say to Bell? Too bad, dumbass.

Had you showed up to camp and pre-season - like Johnson and OBJ - the Steelers probably would've been more inclined to deal. Had you NOT been suspended multiple times...the Steelers probably would've trusted you more and been more inclined to make a deal with more guaranteed money.