• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban retiring

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Don't think he is a Lincoln Riley type hire.
lol firing at Riley doesnt change the fact that this is a underwhelming hire. Only getting job after Lanning, Kiffin, Norvell, Dabo and others said no

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the GOAT? I know coaches have to have an alpha type mentality but going to the pressure cooker of the SEC?

Good luck coach. You're going to need it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dabo runs to Alabama that’s pretty weak, especially coming so close to a national title, you gotta strive to finish that unfinished business!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s the best option. They will be freaky good in year #1.
compared to who? i definitely dont think this was their 1st choice. he still good be a good coach there its just not the home run hire other coaches would have been. those on the team/incoming recruits i dont know if this hire is enough to keep them from transferring.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
compared to who? i definitely dont think this was their 1st choice. he still good be a good coach there its just not the home run hire other coaches would have been. those on the team/incoming recruits i dont know if this hire is enough to keep them from transferring.

Who is a hotter coach than him that is available?

He is by far the most polished coach available. He is an easy home run hire for Bama. I’m bummed because I was hoping he’d be available if Harbaugh leaves Michigan.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a hotter coach than him that is available?

He is by far the most polished coach available. He is an easy home run hire for Bama. I’m bummed because I was hoping he’d be available if Harbaugh leaves Michigan.
available is a key word here but i think Lanning, kiffin, Dabo, kirby smart, Sarkisian. you really think he was their first choice? if that was the case this would have been immediate and not after all the sources linked alabama to other coaches. i know if Riley went on to NFL i would be ok with Deboer but still would look at it as they missed on better coaches.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
available is a key word here but i think Lanning, kiffin, Dabo, kirby smart, Sarkisian. you really think he was their first choice? if that was the case this would have been immediate and not after all the sources linked alabama to other coaches. i know if Riley went on to NFL i would be ok with Deboer but still would look at it as they missed on better coaches.

Kirby Smart was never available. Sark wasn’t leaving Texas, there is nothing to gain for him.

Dabo and Kiffin are two good candidates but Dabo hasn’t been great lately, and we know Lane’s track record as the head coach of a top 10 program. Lanning got outcoached by him this year.

This is the very best hire they could make. He proved he can make chicken salad out of chicken crap. I can’t imagine what he can do with Bama’s talent after seeing what he did with Washington’s.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington had a weird "perfect storm" of about a zillion COVID/Transfer/NIL seniors.
No other program benefitted more by experience. They were always older and more experienced than every team they played.
The roster felt almost like one of those BYU teams with everyone much older than typical college players.

Dont get me wrong. I think he is a good coach.
But, he might have been a safer choice if he had shown the ability to coach without having a team of 5th years and older.

But ,after Sark, Lanning, Kiffin, Norvell and countless others said "NO"
Alabama really had no choice but to go with him. He was probably the only big name coach left.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart and Sark were never viable, settled in their jobs. Kiffin wasn't either having burned a few bridges with the powers that be at the University

Dabo wasn't wanted. He's been on the slide.

Lanning was a long shot.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington had a weird "perfect storm" of about a zillion COVID/Transfer/NIL seniors.
No other program benefitted more by experience. They were always older and more experienced than every team they played.
The roster felt almost like one of those BYU teams with everyone much older than typical college players.

Dont get me wrong. I think he is a good coach.
But, he might have been a safer choice if he had shown the ability to coach without having a team of 5th years and older.

But ,after Sark, Lanning, Kiffin, Norvell and countless others said "NO"
Alabama really had no choice but to go with him. He was probably the only big name coach left.

Sark and Kiffin were never in the running. Maybe not even Norvell after the rumors got out about the NCAA punishments coming.

Just because they posted they weren't coming doesn't remotely mean Bama was even considering them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol firing at Riley doesnt change the fact that this is a underwhelming hire. Only getting job after Lanning, Kiffin, Norvell, Dabo and others said no
According to whom they said no?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3