• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he need to sit out if he's a grad transfer?

Apparently, the SEC has a rule that, without a waiver from the coach, a player cannot "transfer" even as a graduate to another school within the SEC conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually lots of responses hold water. First one is playing for the University of Alabama is not a right and scholarships (like the one dipshit was on) are year to year. He was granted a new year and chose not to take the option himself. A school does not have to grant you a release to a certain school if they choose not to and the SEC backs this up. Sorry, but butthurt is a horrible shade on you.

If he wanted to play for Kirby, there were better ways to go about it than privileged whiner.

Awww, if calling me butthurt is your only response to this then you already lost.

If bama fans wanted to remain sensible on this topic they'd shut up instead of calling Maurice Smith a snow flake because he wants to be treated in the same manor as someone with "less talent" that was granted a full release to attend an SEC east foe.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the SEC has a rule that, without a waiver from the coach, a player cannot "transfer" even as a graduate to another school within the SEC conference.

It won't matter soon because they are about to make it more difficult for anyone to grad transfer because more than 60% of those who grad transfer never get another degree from where they transferred from.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter soon because they are about to make it more difficult for anyone to grad transfer because more than 60% of those who grad transfer never get another degree from where they transferred from.

What's the percentage of players who get their bachelor's degrees?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hint: It doesn't actually matter if you answer it or not - the point is made, so you can try to deflect all you want - I don't mind.

What have I deflected?

I have called you out for saying he wanted special treatment when alls he wanted was to transfer to an SEC east foe. Kind of like the "less talented" Chris Black, who was granted said full release to Missouri.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I deflected?

I have called you out for saying he wanted special treatment when alls he wanted was to transfer to an SEC east foe. Kind of like the "less talented" Chris Black, who was granted said full release to Missouri.

Did Chris Black get special treatment?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The option to renew is.

If you want to change the rules, then do it.

So your free market belief includes student/athletes waiting to find out if they do or do not have a scholarship based on the opinion of the coach?

Doesnt sound much like free market to me?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to that response, Chris black did. So why not Maurice Smith?

Already laid out the reasons Chris Black got special treatment.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your free market belief includes student/athletes waiting to find out if they do or do not have a scholarship based on the opinion of the coach?

Doesnt sound much like free market to me?

You don't think contracts are a part of the free market?

:wtf:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already laid out the reasons Chris Black got special treatment.

So because Maurice Smith was "more talented" then Chris Black, him wanting to be treated the same in regards to a release is him wanting special treatment?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because Maurice Smith was "more talented" then Chris Black, him wanting to be treated the same in regards to a release is him wanting special treatment?

If that makes you feel better, then sure.

I already gave you the real answer/differences, I don't think it actually matters.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban said today nothing had changed, so no plans to give him his release.

:yes:

Nick Saban is awesome.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you feel better, then sure.

I already gave you the real answer/differences, I don't think it actually matters.

You gave no real answers.

You just said one "more talented" player wants special treatment for wanting to be treated the same as a "less talented" player.

It truely is funny the lengths you go and the stupidity you reach when defending Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave no real answers.

You just said one "more talented" player wants special treatment for wanting to be treated the same as a "less talented" player.

It truely is funny the lengths you go and the stupidity you reach when defending Alabama.

Weird, here's the post.

Chris Black wouldn't have been able to play for another team if the transfer hadn't been allowed. He had already redshirted once. If they hadn't allowed the transfer, he couldn't have played for another team at all.

He also requested a transfer in Jan, and had already graduated, before NSD, not a few months before the season starts and before he had even graduated.