• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nick bosa leaves osu

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa was the big difference maker on defense. A huge loss for OSU.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect McCaffrey and Fournette more than a player who fakes an injury to skip a bowl game so he doesn’t hurt his draft stock. If you are going to bail on your team, be upfront about it.

Yeah, I do too. Although they are technically walking out, I think most teammates can understand them walking away from an exhibition game.

I definitely don't respect Bosa though. I LOVE it because he is at Ohio State, but he quit on his commitment to his team. That's crap. They are still in playoff contention.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Bosa will withdraw from Ohio State in order to focus on rehabbing his core injury and training ahead of the NFL draft.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will now question his commitment to teammates. Just as I have and continue to do for Fournette and that white RB in Carolina.

This is a bad move for an athlete imo.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will now question his commitment to teammates. Just as I have and continue to do for Fournette and that white RB in Carolina.

This is a bad move for an athlete imo.
The NFL ownership have repeatedly shown they don’t care about what you do off the field as long as you put up numbers on the field.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once his mom gets a whiff of 20 million guaranteed, my guess is that education will take a back seat. lol.
Yeah, if you turn down $20 million, you probably aren't "educable" anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never understood the notion of staying to get your education, as if you can't go back later in life. Even if Gary is a complete bust in the NFL, if he's a top 5 pick, he's gonna get like 20 million guaranteed, or in that range. It's gonna cost what another $50,000 to go one more year later on in his life? It's not worth the risk. Jaylon Smith lost out on like 18 million dollars by going from a top 3 pick to a 2nd rounder. Luckily for him, it appears he's back to 100% and will be in line to have a great 2nd contract.

I'm pretty sure Alabama allows them to come back and get their degrees if they want without cost. I think I read that somewhere anyway, but I can't figure out what to search for to confirm it.

Anyway, if Alabama does it I'm assuming others do as well.

And hell, even if the school does do that, it's not like they are too poor to pay for it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL ownership have repeatedly shown they don’t care about what you do off the field as long as you put up numbers on the field.
GMs will draft anyone they think will help them keep their job.

I'd be a bad GM.

Whole lot of fuckbags wouldn't be on my bigboard. Bosa is flirting with that fuckbags label. He isn't a tennis player, he joined a team. That comes with requirements.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do too. Although they are technically walking out, I think most teammates can understand them walking away from an exhibition game.

I definitely don't respect Bosa though. I LOVE it because he is at Ohio State, but he quit on his commitment to his team. That's crap. They are still in playoff contention.
We don't know what the docs said when he was evaluated. We don't know if he just quit.

Looks like long recovery time made the decision for him.
Nick Bosa Faced a 12-Week Recovery From His Injury, Would Have Been Out Until December His Father John Bosa Tells 10TV

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly just shows he don't give a fuck about classes/education and I'm betting he's already signed with some agent who's already started floating the money to him based on future expectations.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ohio state had prettier girls he would've stayed.

1*RSuZC5ZglLe7zyVcYcrmBA.jpeg

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly just shows he don't give a fuck about classes/education and I'm betting he's already signed with some agent who's already started floating the money to him based on future expectations.
I wouldnt give a rats ass about classes/education if I was about to be a multi-millionaire. I hope he does sign with an agent right away and gets paid.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Alabama allows them to come back and get their degrees if they want without cost. I think I read that somewhere anyway, but I can't figure out what to search for to confirm it.

And hell, even if the school does do that, it's not like they are too poor to pay for it.

That's even more of a reason to leave early. And it makes sense. They get the added publicity of doing a favor for a former athlete.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it is sad too many of them squander their NFL money. If they took care of it properly, most of them wouldn't have to worry about getting their degree/need to earn a living. Now, if they chose to just to pass the time, that is different.

Except for my youngest daughter, most people can live off a $20 million nest egg.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMs will draft anyone they think will help them keep their job.

I'd be a bad GM.

Whole lot of fuckbags wouldn't be on my bigboard. Bosa is flirting with that fuckbags label. He isn't a tennis player, he joined a team. That comes with requirements.
I'd say he has more than lived up to those requirements. Dude was a monster for them and put in his time. He was looking at a lengthy rehab period for this type of injury, so coming back when he wasn't 100% literally helps nobody. He's a smart kid who made the smart choice for his career. You know damn well that no fans give a shit for the most part what happens to these kids when they leave the school. If pisses me off that people bitch about this ethical issue when these kids are truly nothing but commodities to 99.9% of the fanbase.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's even more of a reason to leave early. And it makes sense. They get the added publicity of doing a favor for a former athlete.

Yeah, Saban doesn't do that stay in school no matter what thing. If they grade high enough, he tells them to go to the draft. If they grade 2nd and they could be 1st, he'll tell them to stay(Jonathan Allen good example).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Saban doesn't do that stay in school no matter what thing. If they grade high enough, he tells them to go to the draft. If they grade 2nd and they could be 1st, he'll tell them to stay(Jonathan Allen good example).
Just as long as they don’t get their grades before bowl season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he has more than lived up to those requirements. Dude was a monster for them and put in his time. He was looking at a lengthy rehab period for this type of injury, so coming back when he wasn't 100% literally helps nobody. He's a smart kid who made the smart choice for his career. You know damn well that no fans give a shit for the most part what happens to these kids when they leave the school. If pisses me off that people bitch about this ethical issue when these kids are truly nothing but commodities to 99.9% of the fanbase.
The opinion of a fanbase really has nothing to do with my opinion.

He's quit being part of a team.