• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens fans are gonna love Loui!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I get from the above is that the league suckered players into this lol.

""The things promised and actually delivered [on] are hilarious if you look at it," said one Eastern Conference veteran who was a member of the return-to-play/CBA committee. "They gave us a proposal for Toronto, which was this booklet that I circulated among my teammates. I was like, 'Whoa, this is going to be actually nice.' They had food trucks, restaurants, shops out in the middle of the street for us to go shopping. When we got there, the guys were like, 'Where are the shops? Where are the outdoor team lounges?' Yeah, none of that.""

It wasn't just the lack of golf trips that irked players. "They promised us excursions: 'Oh, we're going to have fly fishing and golf, a golf course just for us -- you can go whenever you want -- and a field,'" a Western Conference player said. "We went to the field one time. It was a fight to even golf once. And please let me know if you talk to anyone who went fly fishing."

In fact, fly fishing became a punchline.

"In the little brochure they sent, there was a picture of a man fly fishing in the mountains, and one of the guys was like, 'Where did they get this picture of the mountains? The mountains are three hours away,'" a Western Conference player said.

Many players pointed out that the pre-planning brochures overpromised again. "The original pitch showed there was going to be 12 to 15 dining options," one Western Conference player said. "In reality, there were maybe five or six realistic ones. That's a pretty big difference. I ate a lot of room service. The room service quality was decent, but the options seemed limited."

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fly fishing looks nice, I cannot tell who this is though. Supposedly this is stream runoff. That's good fishing!
jvtiZlYwzO7AUSHJteY9MfTuJgTTpT-M_G3H2s0sknG9Wq5biL0ZW7InU5limVVueQu2TQdqy-66m_2LBoQQTPvrf5aeXMprXoFc-OcrXMI7TktkNaDBuuo

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Bubble Stories.

that's very surprising
One player griped that not all meals were taken care of, and per diem was not offered.

also, that teams had different meal set ups.
you would think it would be all centralized.

thirdly - weed gummies are OK?
that's forward thinking.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, have they decided on the format for the regular season yet? Like, the Stanley Cup will be decided in a week or two. That will bring it pretty close to the normal start of the regular season.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So, have they decided on the format for the regular season yet? Like, the Stanley Cup will be decided in a week or two. That will bring it pretty close to the normal start of the regular season.
new season expected in Dec or Jan.
no word on format yet

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's very surprising
One player griped that not all meals were taken care of, and per diem was not offered.

also, that teams had different meal set ups.
you would think it would be all centralized.

thirdly - weed gummies are OK?
that's forward thinking.
I'm surprised things weren't split evenly but I guess it makes sense since teams that weren't there/were eliminated early etc. didn't feel like they should be on the hook for costs that, in regular times, wouldn't be theirs to bear anyway and so they left it to the teams regardless.

That thing with the caterer suing over the Pens bringing their own food people makes more sense now.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the League pulled it off. Some bumps along the way, but nothing drastic. Still cant believe there were NO positive cases (reported) in either bubble. I ended up liking the format a lot more than I thought I would, and glad the League did it.

Congrats to EVERYONE (and there were hundreds) on and off the ice.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the League pulled it off. Some bumps along the way, but nothing drastic. Still cant believe there were NO positive cases (reported) in either bubble. I ended up liking the format a lot more than I thought I would, and glad the League did it.

Congrats to EVERYONE (and there were hundreds) on and off the ice.

Meanwhile, in the NFL, the autumn wind is a raider carrying COVID...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they dont go all mls and play as an all cdn division (thats been out there for a while as an option) for a month and then relocate to an american city for the rest of the season

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they dont go all mls and play as an all cdn division (thats been out there for a while as an option) for a month and then relocate to an american city for the rest of the season

Looks like they might be going all MLS lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching Tim and Sid and Foley also went on to say that next season (whenever it starts) can only go until the end of June because NBC has the Olympics. Thus, it looks like a max 60 game regular season.