• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL preview Lightning's season

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared people thought we would be a lottery team last year now they think we are a playoff lock! What if it all falls apart ?

I'm scared people thought we would be a lottery team last year now they think we are a playoff lock! What if it all falls apart ?

Last year the expectations of this team were low and were playing with no pressure because of it, this year the expectations are set a lot higher and the pressure is on, will they deliver? I think they will, there is too much talent on this team not too. Offensively we are always up there and I expect no different this year. Defensively we are far better, I think this year we can shut teams down if need be and that takes pressure of Stamkos and the offence. The key is Bish, I think he'll have better stats this year than last because he'll be facing less pucks but he's got to stay healthy and be the backbone of the team when needed.

Here's my projected team:

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Kucherov-Filppula-Callahan
Killorn-Drouin-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Panik

Hedman-Garrison
Carle-Stralman
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio-Corrente

Bishop
Nabokov

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the expectations of this team were low and were playing with no pressure because of it, this year the expectations are set a lot higher and the pressure is on, will they deliver? I think they will, there is too much talent on this team not too. Offensively we are always up there and I expect no different this year. Defensively we are far better, I think this year we can shut teams down if need be and that takes pressure of Stamkos and the offence. The key is Bish, I think he'll have better stats this year than last because he'll be facing less pucks but he's got to stay healthy and be the backbone of the team when needed.

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Drouin-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Panik

Hedman-Garrison
Carle-Stralman
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio-Corrente

Bishop
Nabokov

Here are my preferred lines:

Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Killorn-Filppula-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Panik

Hedman-Garrison
Carle-Stralman
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio-Corrente

Bishop
Nabokov

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep high expections indeed will they deliver ? I think so

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Drouin-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Panik

Hedman-Garrison
Carle-Stralman
Brewer-Gudas

Barberio-Corrente

Bishop
Nabokov

The cup is ours! But i don't think kucherov makes the team I think him and vladdy will crush the ahl!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're not as high on Kucherov as I am Todd. I think he's one of those players that come along every ten years that has all the tools to be an outstanding player.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kucherov will make the team, I think people pick at his defensive game but I think his game is reliable and we all know what his talents offensively. Personally if there is a top 6 role avaible for him then he should make the team, because it's not as if he's going to miss out on a ton of ice time in Syracuse if he's playing in the top 6 in Tampa. Yzerman doesn't like rushing his prospects but he's ready to stay at this level, he's dynamic, got a great shot, underrated playmaker and definitely underrated in his own end.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're not as high on Kucherov as I am Todd. I think he's one of those players that come along every ten years that has all the tools to be an outstanding player.

I'm very high on kucherov bolt but I think yzerman takes his time with him. He has two years on his elc contract so why play him 3rd and fourth line mins ? Connolly can't be sent down next year so I don't see room for kucherov. So I fully expect kucherov to start in the ahl next season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what CapGeek has got...

L1: Filppula - Stamkos - Callahan
L2: Palat - Johnson - Brown
L3: Morrow - Killorn - Connolly
L4: Drouin - Boyle - Panik
D1:Carle - Garrison
D2: Stralman - Hedman
D3: Brewer - Ohlund
G1: Bishop
G2: Nabokov

Tampa Bay Lightning Depth Chart

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They left out Gudas , and Ohlund will never play for us again. I don't see Connoly or Brown playing while Kucherov doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They left out Gudas , and Ohlund will never play for us again. I don't see Connoly or Brown playing while Kucherov doesn't.

Connolly will make the team they can't send him to the crunch anymore kucherov can go down. For cap reasons sustr and kucherov will go to the crunch! Till we use ltir on ohlund

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True true, Bolt, I can't see Ohlund playing for them over Gudas either. IDK about Kucherov playing over Connoly & Brown tho, gotta remember the influence of contractual constraints.