• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Arenas

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I road-trip as much as possible to see as many baseball stadiums as possible (major league, minor league, NCAA, whatever). But during the off-season I like to try seeing stadiums/arenas from other sports too. I haven't gotten to see too many NHL arenas (3 so far). So I need to ask y'all: Which are the best ones to see?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to a few... I'd probably just base it on which cities you want to visit.

Within the few I've been to, there isn't anything special that set them apart.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to:

Philadelphia - nothing fancy, seems outdated compared to others. This was pre-Gritty though.Hard to tell the male spectators from the female spectators, still much more attractive crowd than Boston has
DC - Nice atmosphere, nice sight lines. Try the foot long Patriot dog.
Montreal - Nice arena, sat in the last row (scalper fooled me) and could still see everything well

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to:

Philadelphia - nothing fancy, seems outdated compared to others. This was pre-Gritty though.Hard to tell the male spectators from the female spectators, still much more attractive crowd than Boston has
DC - Nice atmosphere, nice sight lines. Try the foot long Patriot dog.
Montreal - Nice arena, sat in the last row (scalper fooled me) and could still see everything well
In French culture row counts go backward?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have wanted to start going to some away games, though. But as I said in my previous post, it'll be based on which cities I want to go to.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In French culture row counts go backward?
I do not really know how he got me. He told me he had good seats, and really good seats. I decided on the really good seats for more money of course. When we went to the game - very last row in the upper deck. I was not sure where my mistake was, whether he switched them as he handed them to me, mislead the whole time....easy mark I guess

Reactions: gob

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to a few... I'd probably just base it on which cities you want to visit.

Within the few I've been to, there isn't anything special that set them apart.

Montreal's worth the trip, much as I hate to admit it.

Nassau seems fun when the Isles are good. Likewise Chicago.

Otherwise, save your money. They're all basically the same these days.

^^^ this ^^^

Obviously I've been to TD Garden in Boston many times and I've been to whatever they are calling the arena in Raleigh 4 or 5 times along with one Capitals' game in D.C. They are all the same except for the colors and the food.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to:
Vancouver
Toronto
Calgary
LA
Anaheim
Phoenix (Glendale)

none are really worth a trip, but at least there's an In 'n' Out Burger by Glendale.

This plus add Montreal, MSG, and the Scottrade Centre in St. Louis for me - The Bell Centre in Montreal is nice and so is the arena in Glendale where plenty of good seats are available :D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal's worth the trip, much as I hate to admit it.

Nassau seems fun when the Isles are good. Likewise Chicago.

Otherwise, save your money. They're all basically the same these days.

This. Outside the experience of a few (as stated above) you been to one you really visited them all.

Obviously many times to Pittsburgh (ehh) but outside of that been to Raleigh (probably the worst), St. Louis (ehh), Dallas (ehh), Philly (was fun but I had my Pens jersey on), MSG (worth the experience) and Columbus (ehh).

With that said if you go to Vegas make it a plan to attend a game.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go to Montreal for a B's/Canadiens game, but not because of the Bell Centre. I wish the Nordiques still existed so I could hop over to Quebec City and get two games in on the road trip.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Outside the experience of a few (as stated above) you been to one you really visited them all.

Obviously many times to Pittsburgh (ehh) but outside of that been to Raleigh (probably the worst), St. Louis (ehh), Dallas (ehh), Philly (was fun but I had my Pens jersey on), MSG (worth the experience) and Columbus (ehh).

I thought the arena in Raleigh was nice enough, but my pal down there always gets us hooked up with luxury box seating and VIP parking. Why didn't you like it?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The unique characteristics of the old barns died for the most part when the Gardens shut down in 99 and ended permanently when the Joe shut off the lights two years ago.

There are some good games to go to - like B's/Habs as mentioned above, or Leafs/Sabres or the Battle of Alberta but those are for the games & the fan interactions themselves rather than the building.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the arena in Raleigh was nice enough, but my pal down there always gets us hooked up with luxury box seating and VIP parking. Why didn't you like it?

He probably ran into a bunch of jerks :D

giphy.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably ran into a bunch of jerks :D

giphy.gif

I've never run into those guys down there.

We are usually in the luxury suite with Hurricanes' fans and I haven't met any of them that were anything but pleasant.

Coming up from my pals' ranch 45 miles south of Raleigh I found the RBC (?) easy to get in and out of, of course maybe the VIP parking has something to do with that :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never run into those guys down there.

We are usually in the luxury suite with Hurricanes' fans and I haven't met any of them that were anything but pleasant.

Coming up from my pals' ranch 45 miles south of Raleigh I found the RBC (?) easy to get in and out of, of course maybe the VIP parking has something to do with that :noidea:

Yeah, I'm just joking, fans in Raleigh (from what I can tell on tv) are loud and get behind their team.

/Just keep an eye on your ice cream cone

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to games in my region: DET, STL, CHI, MIN. Will be at the DET-MIN game on the 22nd. The arenas are all nice enough, but like most here have stated, the arena isn't really a draw for hockey, the actual game and game atmosphere is the draw.

Here's one legit stadium recommendation for you, though... pregame tailgate at Lambeau Field, Miller Park and Camp Randall. Those are some legit 50,000-people parties!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm just joking, fans in Raleigh (from what I can tell on tv) are loud and get behind their team.

/Just keep an eye on your ice cream cone

That's awesome!

I agree about the fanbase. As much as I rag on them for being newbies I have to admit that they are pretty passionate even when the team just isn't very good. Of course the old Bruins/Whalers rivalry might play into that, I don't know.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xcel in St. Paul, then stop over to see 3M Arena at Mariucci (Gophers), which is right next to TCF (Gophers), which is just a short walk to US Bank (Vikings). Target Field is just a short Uber to the other end of downtown Mpls.