• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nga...Nga...Nganna get cut.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's laughable that Ngata has played both in the 3-4 and 4-3 and every position on the Defensive Line and has learned from the likes of Ed Reed (FS/FS) and Ray Lewis (LB) when they took Ngata under their wings, but some of you don't even think Ngata is worthy of a roster spot.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's laughable that Ngata has played both in the 3-4 and 4-3 and every position on the Defensive Line and has learned from the likes of Ed Reed (FS/FS) and Ray Lewis (LB) when they took Ngata under their wings, but some of you don't even think Ngata is worthy of a roster spot.

well, in that case, he's deserving of a 3 yr 30M contract with 15M guaranteed.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, in that case, he's deserving of a 3 yr 30M contract with 15M guaranteed.
With all jesting a side... the fact that some of you are thinking that Quinn is trying to build a Championship team over night isn't going to happen. A mentor for young talent is a very smart move.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that some of you are thinking that Quinn is trying to build a Championship team over night isn't going to happen

don't waste your time including me in that scenario. Every Single year at this time I'm riding my theory of three more years of FA signings and Drafts and we might be there. My theory doesn't change, obviously.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't waste your time including me in that scenario. Every Single year at this time I'm riding my theory of three more years of FA signings and Drafts and we might be there. My theory doesn't change, obviously.
My theory hasn't changed from the Lions only do enough to sell tickets. If what I'm reading is true that the Lions wanna build a younger team then mentors are great in teaching what young rookies don't learn from coaching staffs. Sorry, I don't wanna return to the Millen era of watching young talent learning as they go. I'm only locked in on mentor-ship not Ngata himself.

Which are your top 3?

hey @LWM this might give you a little bit of insight to a small portion of comments made towards bringing back Ngata.

IAQ, Whitehead and (LOL) Ngata

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all jesting a side... the fact that some of you are thinking that Quinn is trying to build a Championship team over night isn't going to happen. A mentor for young talent is a very smart move.

I think the whole "mentor" thing is over blown in the NFL. If Ngata really wanted to be a mentor, he would have done it in Baltimore, instead of taking PEDs in an effort to keep his spot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley considers it unlikely that free agent DT Haloti Ngata returns to Baltimore.

Hensley believes the cap-strapped Ravens simply don't have the need along a defensive line that already includes Brandon Williams, Timmy Jernigan and Carl Davis. Now 32, Ngata is coming off a down 2016, and has said he'd like to re-sign with the Lions. The Ravens have moved on from one of the core pieces of their John Harbaugh-era success.
Related: Ravens

Smart move by Baltimore.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did better in the second half of the season. Must have been Cooter's play book and not because it was against shitty teams. With all jesting aside, Ngata has a lot to offer young talent as a mentor.

Mentor them how to take PED's and get caught? :lol:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is worthy of a spot. At 2-3 million a year. Not 9 Million.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole "mentor" thing is over blown in the NFL. If Ngata really wanted to be a mentor, he would have done it in Baltimore,

Was Ngata in a backup role or starter role? Old timers have more to offer in a backup role. Ed Reed and Ray Rice didn't need to worry about Ngata stealing their jobs when they took him under their wings.

CJ Wilson @ 2.3M per yr >>>>> Ngata

:fish2:

Didn't I see CJ Wilson playing Defensive End?

He is worthy of a spot. At 2-3 million a year. Not 9 Million.
The only person that "I know of" that you can nail me on saying anything about any players worth was on Suh and the franchise tag. Nowhere have I stated that Ngata should be signed as a starter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What young talent?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata is teaching them how to collect a check our interior defensive line had a combined 5.5 sacks and 25 QB hurries
Wow.

Well, Ngata had almost half.....

We need guys with upside before he waste roster spots on guys who are all but done to teach them. Reid and what's his name from Auburn(Gabe Wright) aren't really what I'm hoping to see.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What young talent?

Whatever Quinn's definition is on young talent ...pretty sure the Lions will be moving on without Ngata.

Teaching them how to collect a check

That was going on long before Ngata got there last season. From the sounds of it the offensive line will be stepping up next season to protect Stafford now that the defensive line needs to be overhauled. Maybe next season it'll be like old times with an offense that needs to outscore it's own defense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it in desperation due to injuries?

I know there were injuries, but I can't say it was all due to that. Many coaches do that these days. Move a guy inside or out on passing downs. Jason Jones did it a lot.

Coaches keep the talent on the field. So I'd learn more injury side of this. As he was the best talent by default some games.