• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nga...Nga...Nganna get cut.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haloti Ngata - DL - Lions
The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett said it "seems like" the Lions want to re-sign impending free agent DT Haloti Ngata.

Ngata has already said he would "love to stay." If the Lions do want him back, something should be worked out in the coming weeks. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported talks between the two sides will begin "soon". "Mayhew should have tagged Suh." He added.

First move by BQ I don't like.I realize we need bodies,I get it. Nothing more than a one year deal please.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did better in the second half of the season. Must have been Cooter's play book and not because it was against shitty teams. With all jesting aside, Ngata has a lot to offer young talent as a mentor.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata has a lot to offer young talent as a mentor.

that part I agree with.

Huge question if remains healthly enough to be significant on the field though, imo, regardless of him playing better in last 6 games or so.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that part I agree with.

Huge question if remains healthly enough to be significant on the field though, imo, regardless of him playing better in last 6 games or so.

In a backup role, mentor if the talent there and if the price is right, I'm in 100%. But I'll probably wear blinders on anything else.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDITED: Not sure what happen... it showed I didn't post and my message was still in the box. Almost posted the same thing twice.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a backup role, mentor if the talent there and if the price is right, I'm in 100%. But I'll probably wear blinders on anything else.

Me too. He would be depth for 1 year and thats it. Maybe get Fairly back to split snaps with him. 2 lazy fatasses each playing 1 position part time can still work. Both are talented, but dont have full games in them for 1 reason or another.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. He would be depth for 1 year and thats it. Maybe get Fairly back to split snaps with him. 2 lazy fatasses each playing 1 position part time can still work. Both are talented, but dont have full games in them for 1 reason or another.

:wtf2:

so, when exactly did Fairley become a player worthy of any contract when he doesn't give full effort and Ngata is injury prone but yet a guy brought in after Fluellen went down and played damn good but isn't worthy of 2.3M.

I cannot wait to see the money Ngata gets should he be re-signed. I will cause, create and wreak absolute fucking chaos and havoc on this board. SUH like shit show....

you've been warned....

If Fairley is brought back also, I'm pulling out the 50mm Cannon and that isn't the camera version. (different spelling)

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait to see the money Ngata gets should he be re-signed. I will cause, create and wreak absolute fucking chaos and havoc on this board. SUH like shit show....

you've been warned....

If there's Roookie DT's, I want Ngata back... WORD!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so, when exactly did Fairley become a player worthy of any contract when he doesn't give full effort and Ngata is injury prone but yet a guy brought in after Fluellen went down and played damn good but isn't worthy of 2.3M.

you've been warned....

If Fairley is brought back also, I'm pulling out the 50mm Cannon and that isn't the camera version. (different spelling)

LOL.

Wilson played well last year, but has a low ceiling and was always just a band aid. There is always the chance that they bring him back at a lower price. No one is paying him big money. Maybe he gets something close to that somewhere else.

Fairley is much more effective in Austins scheme, just a question of whether they think he is finally serious and dedicated enough to be useful. He has a high ceiling and his price is going to be much lower.

Ngata will not get half what he got last year. I would be OK letting him walk too.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ngata retained for another year until the Lions get something more substantial at DT. Fairley can go play for the Giants.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you've been warned....

Blue...When I looked at his contract a couple weeks ago, he had made league minimum for the 8 games and Mayhew/Lewand actually did his contract right by ballooning it for second year. Unless that was White who signed him? Either way his second year more than doubled and was set up to be released. On a larger scale example was the Revis contract with thePats. No way he getting that almost $20 million after the SB win. It was just a two year deal to spread the cap hit from bonus $. Wilson had none of the such, but had same style contract.

Don't shoot...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue...When I looked at his contract a couple weeks ago, he had made league minimum for the 8 games and Mayhew/Lewand actually did his contract right by ballooning it for second year. Unless that was White who signed him? Either way his second year more than doubled and was set up to be released. On a larger scale example was the Revis contract with thePats. No way he getting that almost $20 million after the SB win. It was just a two year deal to spread the cap hit from bonus $. Wilson had none of the such, but had same style contract.

Don't shoot...

I'm not portraying DT Wilson as some savior and that his worth is undoubtedly 2.3M. He was the second most consistent DT on that current roster. Fairley has so much talent but never reached that as a whole. I'll grant everyone who talks of Fairley's play in Austin's scheme was probably the best to that date until his injury but he also was on his last year of contract. If Quinn throws him a one year prove it contract then I might buy in or maybe more years that have no guarantees or minimal. He is a HUGE risk, imo. depends on how that contract unfolds.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing all Swarms Rams fans buddies told him that one sack was a monster sack. :noidea:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way was I trying to make DT CJ Wilson better than what he really is. However, his consistant play makes me lean to him more than Fairley. as I will always question Fairley wanting play. I'll never change from that thought process either. I've stated numerous times on this board how talent Fairley has.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait until FA has begun before making comments about the DT position