• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFLPA ranks patriots low for treatment of families

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KinderCare partners with companies for Company Sponsored Daycare. They are nationwide.

Some companies that offer daycare as a benefit;
Disney
Cisco
Intel
Grubhub
Aflac
Fidelity
Citi
Barcleys
Home Depot
Valero
Spectrum
Etsy
Microsoft

It's a changing world. Some of you guys are older than I am and can remember when Health Insurance was a Benefit that would draw you to work for a company. Not all employers offered it. Sometimes employee only but no family plan. But when they started it was a great perk.
The company I work for now just did away with vacation time, or Paid Time Off in the usual sense. Instead of accruing 4.5 weeks of PTO every year with the ability to bank two years worth, poof all gone.
Now we get to take whatever time we want as long as our work is done and our manager approves. Up to 3 weeks at a time. On top of that, the 432 hrs I had in my PTO bank? They gave that to me in in company stock. 432 hrs times my hourly rate at the time. All in the name of employee retention.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but their problems should still not be those of the team. Under no circumstance should this be the responsibility of any owner, talk about opening a can of worms. Players are still employee's just like you or I, I see no reason if we had to suffer the slings and arrows of daycare that other employees should not have to. If I am pursuing a job of this magnitude and have a child I would be making arrangements before I landed in Boston or Providence.
Responsibility no. A good benefit...?

Maybe.

Are any other owners doing it?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NFL should step the fuck up...

8. Major League Baseball​

Major League Baseball (MLB) is the official regulatory body of professional baseball in the United States and Canada, overseeing 30 professional baseball teams in the American and National Leagues. Major League Baseball also operates MLB.com, a site dedicated to delivering the most current, exciting, and informative baseball information on the internet.

In partnership with Bright Horizons, Major League Baseball offers family-friendly benefits to minimize caregiving challenges faced by full-time employees. The employer offers access to backup childcare to assist with unexpected situations, access to babysitter and pet sitter networks, nanny placement services, and discounts on tutoring and test prep programs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In partnership with Bright Horizons, Major League Baseball offers family-friendly benefits to minimize caregiving challenges faced by full-time employees. The employer offers access to backup childcare to assist with unexpected situations, access to babysitter and pet sitter networks, nanny placement services, and discounts on tutoring and test prep programs.
Baseball players "work" almost every day from February through October. They are actually doing their 'job' every day. At least 190 days including spring training. NFL doe practice 3 hours a day during the season on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They travel on Friday or Saturday and play on Thursday, Sunday or Monday. Providing 24/7/365 childcare seems to be a bit over the top. Like anything else, people will take extreme advantage and will want the team to provide transportation and care for kids in elementary school. Where do you draw the line?
There will be mothers who drop a baby off every day and spend the practice time with other moms shopping or with a boyfriend, instead of taking care of the child. Then we wonder why kids today don't give a shit about anyone or anything but themselves.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Major League Baseball (MLB) is the official regulatory body of professional baseball in the United States and Canada, overseeing 30 professional baseball teams in the American and National Leagues. Major League Baseball also operates MLB.com, a site dedicated to delivering the most current, exciting, and informative baseball information on the internet.

Yeah Maybe Not

NFL Season 17 games

MLB Season 162 games

Not sure why you feel like coddeling professional athletes is a good idea. If some single mom schlupping pancakes and Dino's Family Diner manages to secure daycare no reason these athletes cannot.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! A lot of nerves hit here on this subject.

Having built and renovated many large facilities, I’d like to add to this.
Many “old” facilities do not have the room t add all these extra perks. Do you want to rip out the weight room for a daycare? Want to remove some of the bathroom for more lunchroom? It is not easy to change these. Concrete facilities……

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball players "work" almost every day from February through October. They are actually doing their 'job' every day. At least 190 days including spring training. NFL doe practice 3 hours a day during the season on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They travel on Friday or Saturday and play on Thursday, Sunday or Monday. Providing 24/7/365 childcare seems to be a bit over the top. Like anything else, people will take extreme advantage and will want the team to provide transportation and care for kids in elementary school. Where do you draw the line?
There will be mothers who drop a baby off every day and spend the practice time with other moms shopping or with a boyfriend, instead of taking care of the child. Then we wonder why kids today don't give a shit about anyone or anything but themselves.

Yeah Maybe Not

NFL Season 17 games

MLB Season 162 games

Not sure why you feel like coddeling professional athletes is a good idea. If some single mom schlupping pancakes and Dino's Family Diner manages to secure daycare no reason these athletes cannot.

Wow. Couple of close minded curmudgeons.

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also play 162 games a year. 1/2 away from home. Not including spring training and playoffs. I wouldn't want that life if I had a family.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Maybe Not

NFL Season 17 games

MLB Season 162 games

Here you go...

12 teams don’t provide a family room for players’ families during games.
Four teams failed to provide a family room or daycare in their facilities.
11 teams failed to offer free on-site daycare.
Seven teams don’t offer daycare support during games.
The 2023 report card revealed that Jaguars “players’ wives have breastfed their babies on the floor of the stadium’s public restrooms” because the stadium didn’t have a family room. The Jaguars still do not offer a family room.

The Buccaneers provide daycare services for their players but charge $90 per child. Most teams offer daycare as a free service.

The Chargers also charge for their offsite daycare. It costs players $75 for the first child and $50 for every additional child.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go...

12 teams don’t provide a family room for players’ families during games.
Four teams failed to provide a family room or daycare in their facilities.
11 teams failed to offer free on-site daycare.
Seven teams don’t offer daycare support during games.
The 2023 report card revealed that Jaguars “players’ wives have breastfed their babies on the floor of the stadium’s public restrooms” because the stadium didn’t have a family room. The Jaguars still do not offer a family room.

The Buccaneers provide daycare services for their players but charge $90 per child. Most teams offer daycare as a free service.

The Chargers also charge for their offsite daycare. It costs players $75 for the first child and $50 for every additional child.
Yeah I really don't give a shit. It's still coddling people who can afford to do this shit on their own. So fuck it if the Pats get an F in caring for the family of a man whose job it is to care for his family I am cool with that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really don't give a shit.
Oh...wow...color me shocked.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

It's still coddling people who can afford to do this shit on their own. So fuck it if the Pats get an F in caring for the family of a man whose job it is to care for his family I am cool with that.
Buc's charge $90 per child.
Chargers $75 first child $50 for each after that.

An electrician that used to work here got offered a job as an electrical inspector at the new Google Facility here in town. Huge money $200k a year.

On Fridays, Google has an open bar if you Uber home you can drink all day.

You know what that is...???

It's coddling people who can afford to buy their own beer.

Guess what...
The company I work for now, buys all cold weather gear for working outside in the winter. All gloves. All jackets. Hats. Shirts. Pants. Boots every year. Rain coats.

That's coddling people who can afford to buy their own clothes.

Companies are trying to come up with benefits that their employees want and find useful in order to gain an advantage. It's called forward thinking. I applaud forward thinking.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...wow...color me shocked.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Buc's charge $90 per child.
Chargers $75 first child $50 for each after that.

An electrician that used to work here got offered a job as an electrical inspector at the new Google Facility here in town. Huge money $200k a year.

On Fridays, Google has an open bar if you Uber home you can drink all day.

You know what that is...???

It's coddling people who can afford to buy their own beer.

Guess what...
The company I work for now, buys all cold weather gear for working outside in the winter. All gloves. All jackets. Hats. Shirts. Pants. Boots every year. Rain coats.

That's coddling people who can afford to buy their own clothes.

Companies are trying to come up with benefits that their employees want and find useful in order to gain an advantage. It's called forward thinking. I applaud forward thinking.
Well at least now we know you are enabling the coddling makes sense now that I see that.

You can call it what ever you want, paint the picture however you want. I am pretty damn sure these dudes won't walk of the job and give up the paycheck if babysitting services are not provided.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the players each need their own plane? They have two of their own. Most teams charter. A "D"? Maybe the flight attendants are old and fat. Or RK isn't footing the bill to fly these millionaires significant others around?
Hell for $15 mill a year, I would have sat at the same cafeteria table with BB and broke bread!!