• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL will pick a Hard Knocks team if no one offers

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:Of course they will why wouldn't they?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie Borsilli:

I've worked at SiriusXM for close to 7 years. Bruce Arians is the realest head coach ever to grace the SiriusXM airwaves. #Truth

He comes off as very real to me too. Very down to earth. I love the guy. I'm posting this because if you're into football and you like learning about people involved in the game, take the opportunity to listen to him talk on just about anything if you can. He's a great listen.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can do this? I can't believe there really is an NFL rule that states "All teams must make themselves available for HBO slo-mo montages during OTAs and the Pre-season"

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can do this? I can't believe there really is an NFL rule that states "All teams must make themselves available for HBO slo-mo montages during OTAs and the Pre-season"

Isn't the NFL really the owners? If the owners agree to this that's all that matters. Coaches and players can hate it all they want.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the NFL really the owners? If the owners agree to this that's all that matters. Coaches and players can hate it all they want.

Soooo.... then.... why does HBO have such an annual problem of finding teams that want to agree to it? Is this basically Russian Roulette with 32 Chambers?

Is it the GMs/coaches who are approached by HBO? If so, I'd imagine many owners would have no problem overriding a refusal in the name of money/recognition. It can't be to deflect anger, either, because no matter how you look at it it was the owners who all voted this deal through. For instance, Bidwell can't tell Arians he had nothing to do with a league decision, because he did.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo.... then.... why does HBO have such an annual problem of finding teams that want to agree to it? Is this basically Russian Roulette with 32 Chambers?

Is it the GMs/coaches who are approached by HBO? If so, I'd imagine many owners would have no problem overriding a refusal in the name of money/recognition. It can't be to deflect anger, either, because no matter how you look at it it was the owners who all voted this deal through. For instance, Bidwell can't tell Arians he had nothing to do with a league decision, because he did.

Y! SPORTS

Perhaps each individual owner didn't want to force a GM/coach who was opposed. But by the owners setting a united front the GM/coach's opinion doesn't matter because the owners agreed that every team should be part of this.

The link post something interesting since it says only 4 teams would have qualified for Hard Knocks last year because of the stipulation that teams that have a new coach or made the playoffs 2 years running are exempt: Raiders, Rams, Bucs and Titans.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, glad I could catch the Bengals when it was our team. Any fan of a team in a smaller market is SOL with hoping they'll ever be getting Hardknocks.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurdity.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they pick the 49ers. I'd watch it.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty messed up really....

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have to realize, to the NFL league office the sport on the field is secondary.....at best. Marketing and promotion of the sport come first and foremost in almost every circumstance. Thursday games, regular season London games.....none of this stuff is good for the players beyond some small marginal short-term economic benefit. Its all about growing the league longterm and getting more lucrative TV deals for the owners and league. Players and team personnel pay the unnecessary price for the league's excessive ambition.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unfortunate they ruled out 1st year coaches. I thought the Dolphins Hard Knocks was the best one in a long time because it introduced us to Coach Philbin and the new regime and it was neat to see the change in the atmosphere for their team. It gets you to root for their success a little bit.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching the show. It's great to get a closer look at how teams run their own training camps, so naturally I would obviously love to get a closer look at the 9ers training camp, but at what cost?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its probably not written with those exact words but Im sure that it states teams will have to participate in growing the came or all teams are ambassadors to the league and will act as such something like that.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers should volunteer to be on the show for 2014 season to show off the new stadium.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers should volunteer to be on the show for 2014 season to show off the new stadium.

I don't think the stadium would get much coverage since almost all of the filming would be around team headquarters.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unfortunate they ruled out 1st year coaches. I thought the Dolphins Hard Knocks was the best one in a long time because it introduced us to Coach Philbin and the new regime and it was neat to see the change in the atmosphere for their team. It gets you to root for their success a little bit.

It even made a fan of Kaepernick. :behindsofa::kidding:

It tempted Alex to sign with them. ;)

Harbaugh thought about going there for the chance to be in the media. :rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator: