• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL week 2 game thread

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the bears are trying to make a putrid orange version of the Cleveland browns uniform.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees. That's it.

Tomlin is better IMO.
Big ben lol. Im sorry. I know im biased. But gimme ben. And if the games on the line….2 min left… only guy ive said id take over him is brady. I

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Denver‘s been a dumpster fire for almost 10 years now since they won the Super Bowl so it’s not like they’re playing with the same talent level. Pittsburgh has been a middle of the road sometimes slightly good at times team for that same amount of time.

The Steelers have a great defense and a bad offense, Denver has a good defense and a putrid offense, somewhat similar but drastically different in 2 key areas.

Tomlin these last few years is just now finding out what it’s like to coach an Offense without a Hall of Fame quarterback leading the way and it’s not pretty, Payton is also starting a rookie who looked a bit worse than the QB opposite him who had a 4 year head start. There was no coaching masterpiece on that field today.

And this isn’t me trying to talk crap to you because trust me my teams been been bad for years I’m used to it.
No I did not take it that way lol. I did not necessarily base the question entirely on todays game. Its a question I always have had. Apples to apples I like tomlins record better. They are very close though. Id argue during their tenure the AFC North was much tougher than the NFC South as well. But everyone always says paytons better

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ben lol. Im sorry. I know im biased. But gimme ben. And if the games on the line….2 min left… only guy ive said id take over him is brady. I
I know Hammerdown would agree with you.

I'd definitely take Brees. This might not be fair but the Steelers have had some really great players over the past couple of decades. The Saints and Steelers recently might be somewhat comparable but not over the careers of those 2 QBs imo. Half of Brees' teams had below average defenses IIRC.

Can't argue against Ben being clutch, though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Hammerdown would agree with you.

I'd definitely take Brees. This might not be fair but the Steelers have had some really great players over the past couple of decades. The Saints and Steelers recently might be somewhat comparable but not over the careers of those 2 QBs imo. Half of Brees' teams had below average defenses IIRC.

Can't argue against Ben being clutch, though.
Let me also say…Ben developed receivers. there were quite a few

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any moment guys... any moment Caleb will dominate... wait for it...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell? What is that show about? Choose to WALK with your patients? These people are sickly almost assuredly. Why would you choose to walk with them? You'll likely be infected for sure.

Calling bullshit on that show.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which isn’t surprising but honestly I don’t think he’s expected too at this stage. Denver‘s still recovering from that got awful Russ Wilson trade they got ass r*ped on and I truly think Payton has told the ownership team that it’s going to take a few years to dig themselves out of this hole they find themselves in. They haven’t had the draft capitol to turn things around overnight but a few years of drafting like he did in New Orleans can change that.
To think of where the Broncos could be if they had just stayed true to the family tree.

I think Kyle Shanahan is one of the best head coaches of the past 20 years. Definitely better than Mike(zone blocking was not his idea. After Broncos players whined about the Chiefs' run-blocking, the Broncos poached the Chiefs o-line coach. That's real football history, deal with it).

Right now I'd say it's Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan, Mike Tomlin and then a huuuuuge gap between them and all the rest.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeebus.... Missing Keenan Allen? WTF? They have 2 #1 WRs, a decent TE, and RB out there. Do they miss Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, and Randy Moss too!?