• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT if you read that link posted , it is showing that 3 out of the Colts balls were under the 12.5 and that the reason that they didn't check them all is because they ran out of time, so the Colts balls were deflated too. @tedman2012 small hands Luck must have hand them deflate the balls
Sonny, Fair enough, but if this article holds any water, then why aren't the Colts being charged with "under inflated" footballs. Is that a fair question?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure the biggest fine in football history and first time suspension for equipment violation, they got off easy. G&G you do crack man?
If Brady would have admitted guilt and not tried to cover up his wrong doing maybe he wouldn't have gotten suspended but he chose to destroy the evidence. 4 games is mild in my opinion.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me ... you're laughing out loud but no one can hear ya ...

... you should ask yourself why that is ...
If the article you posted holds any water, then why didn't the Colts get charged with deflating the footballs?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady would have admitted guilt and not tried to cover up his wrong doing maybe he wouldn't have gotten suspended but he chose to destroy the evidence. 4 games is mild in my opinion.
Yep, that's my thinking too.

Reactions: GNG

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, Fair enough, but if this article holds any water, then why aren't the Colts being charged with "under inflated" footballs. Is that a fair question?

I would think so, but they were never under suspicion. Supposedly the Ravens thought the Pats balls were soft during a game and they called Indy and told them to be on the lookout. So at halftime the Colts FO brought it to the ref's attention and wanted to have the Pats balls checked. That's what I have heard OT

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guilt for what, that he told his guys that he wanted the balls at min level of 12.5? You know Rodgers likes his balls real hard, that he said that they have actually taken air out. Say he tell his guys he wants it at max level of 13.5 but its a 90 degree day and the balls expand to 14.0lbs, you gonna say that his guys added air after the fact? He didnt destroy shit btw, they told him they didnt need his phone , just the text transcripts which he offered

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so, but they were never under suspicion. Supposedly the Ravens thought the Pats balls were soft during a game and they called Indy and told them to be on the lookout. So at halftime the Colts FO brought it to the ref's attention and wanted to have the Pats balls checked. That's what I have heard OT
Okay!!:suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so weary of this issue. It's comedy gold at this point, scattered with arrogance and ego on all sides.

No one is completely innocent here. Not Goodell, not the NFL, not TB, not Kraft, not the Pats.

This is obstinate refusal to meet at a middle ground by both sides.

And thank fuck, this Federal Judge is going to make these fools decide something or most likely rule in a way that will leave BOTH sides unhappy.

Tired of this shit. Don't even care if it's zero games or 4 at this point.

No matter the ruling, people have already made up their minds about this. Either the pats and TB are shady as fuck regarding this or Not.

I find it hypocritical to believe any team or fan of any other team would be 'ok' if this multiple pronged fine had been assessed to their team.

I sure as hell wasn't happy when the Skins got popped with 36million dollars the night before FA for a cap violation in a non cap year. Im still pissed about it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilt for what, that he told his guys that he wanted the balls at min level of 12.5? You know Rodgers likes his balls real hard, that he said that they have actually taken air out. Say he tell his guys he wants it at max level of 13.5 but its a 90 degree day and the balls expand to 14.0lbs, you gonna say that his guys added air after the fact? He didnt destroy shit btw, they told him they didnt need his phone , just the text transcripts which he offered

Let's say Brady directed the ball boy to ensure the balls are at 12.5 wouldn't it be wise to hand them to the refs at 12.5 or even 12.6 and ask the refs to inform the team if the balls were under 12.5?
I'm sure the refs would work with the team openly instead of having the ball boy fuck with the checked balls.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Brady directed the ball boy to ensure the balls are at 12.5 wouldn't it be wise to hand them to the refs at 12.5 or even 12.6 and ask the refs to inform the team if the balls were under 12.5?
I'm sure the refs would work with the team openly instead of having the ball boy fuck with the checked balls.

That's what the refs are supposed to do, check all the balls couple hrs before game and make adjustments. Let's say the refs checked the balls and they were all ok, then either the temperature dropped them a little or the ballboys fucked with them after the fact, and I have no problem with whatever punishment they dish out. Now I just read that they only checked 4 of Colts balls, because of time restraint and 3 of theirs were below level, Then supposedly they check the Pats balls after the game and they varied in pressure but were within the threshhold, while again 3 out of Colts 4 balls were under pressure. I really don't know what to believe anymore. I wish they never changed the old rules concerning the refs hanging on to the balls, before the game and halftime before Brady and Manning petitioned it. They finally smartened up and changed it again

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, the court is going to judge whether or not the procedures follow the CBA and contract law.:yo:
It's not about whether or not TB is guilty.

So you were right and I was wrong...enjoy.

Harold, it's not about being right or wrong, nor winning or losing, it's about being factual.:suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must have missed the part of the Well's report where it confirmed Brady actually had a copy of the rule printed out and given to the equipment guys, to give to the refs to make sure they put the balls at 12.5 - 13.5.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I'm still asking, "why weren't the Colts footballs deflated during the ACCG"? The refs checked both the Pats and the Colts footballs at halftime and only found the Pats footballs were under inflated. Why is that?

Actually they found both to be under inflated, slightly, and while testing the Colts balls ceased checking after 3 out of 4 tested under the league rules.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GnG, how many times now have you posted this exact same thing?

I'm so weary of this issue. It's comedy gold at this point, scattered with arrogance and ego on all sides.

No one is completely innocent here. Not Goodell, not the NFL, not TB, not Kraft, not the Pats.

This is obstinate refusal to meet at a middle ground by both sides.

And thank fuck, this Federal Judge is going to make these fools decide something or most likely rule in a way that will leave BOTH sides unhappy.

Tired of this shit. Don't even care if it's zero games or 4 at this point.

No matter the ruling, people have already made up their minds about this. Either the pats and TB are shady as fuck regarding this or Not.

I find it hypocritical to believe any team or fan of any other team would be 'ok' if this multiple pronged fine had been assessed to their team.

I sure as hell wasn't happy when the Skins got popped with 36million dollars the night before FA for a cap violation in a non cap year. Im still pissed about it.

It would be terrific if this definitive post was the final one made. :clap:

...it won't be of course.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, it's not about being right or wrong, nor winning or losing, it's about being factual.:suds:

You must have missed the part of the Well's report where it confirmed Brady actually had a copy of the rule printed out and given to the equipment guys, to give to the refs to make sure they put the balls at 12.5 - 13.5.

No problem. And you're welcome.

Ted Wells Report Deflategate

Actually they found both to be under inflated, slightly, and while testing the Colts balls ceased checking after 3 out of 4 tested under the league rules.

Tom Brady cheated.