• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Turning Point

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL Turning Point 9ers/Lions

Great show when it's focused on your team and this week we were on it.

It's mainly on Alex Smith but there are some pretty good sound bites especially from the O line as well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Saints game was his true turning point if it wasn't the David Carr chants

This was a quote from the message boards by a poster. I agree with this. After those Carr chants... Alex really picked it up.

Of Course after Harbaugh, Alex really really picked it up.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth he has only thrown 6 INTs since that Eagles game, to 29 TDs. Not counting the playoffs.

I'm sure he turned the corner as a player, to the point where he doesn't go out there thinking he has to make something happen every time he throws the ball... but the entire team turned the corner too which allows him to be the guy who can avoid risky throws.

Maybe more importantly, the team was behind Alex and they let him know that... like VD getting Smith to talk to Singletary to keep him in the game. The team didn't let Alex be the fall guy when a stadium of fans demanded he take the blame. That has to change who you are as a player too, when your teammates stick up for you.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Carr chant on MNF was the start of it and the Saints game was when it finally started to hit the national media, but honestly Alex has showed continued improvement each season. The problem is he started about as low as you could start and has taken forever to grow thanks to the organization being so dysfunctional prior to Harbaugh and Baalke.

Alex is playing like an old school QB right now in the era of the new school QB and winning. We live in the Fantasy Football world now where stats matter more than anything, but that's not how Alex is playing the game. He is leading the offense and making the right adjustments at the line for us to win. He is making the big throws when he needs to and protecting the football above all else. At the end of a game his attempts, completions, and touchdowns usually look mediocre compared to someone like Brees, Rodgers, or Brady but he gets the win. He is finally starting to show all those intangibles that made him he #1 pick in the draft.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Eagles game was when the light bulb popped up over his head and he gave up on pleasing everyone and just went out and played.

The Saints game was just affirmation that he could if need be counted on in a pressure situation to come up big.

I would like to see the season play out so more before saying the Alex we see now is what we'll keep seeing because it's not like GB or Det are elite defenses and we've seen QBs start hot but end cold (Ryan Fitzpatrick). Though I'm optimistic that Alex will continue to get better as the season goes on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles game was when the light bulb popped up over his head and he gave up on pleasing everyone and just went out and played.

The Saints game was just affirmation that he could if need be counted on in a pressure situation to come up big.

I would like to see the season play out so more before saying the Alex we see now is what we'll keep seeing because it's not like GB or Det are elite defenses and we've seen QBs start hot but end cold (Ryan Fitzpatrick). Though I'm optimistic that Alex will continue to get better as the season goes on.

Listing Ryan Fitzpatrick is like mentioning Trent Dilfer to me. Just kidding, I know you weren't comparing, but something about that extension bugged me because it was an over-reaction. Sure, extend him, but he would have taken less. If not, make him play longer for it. I didn't see the need for urgency. Some people thought it would help Smith in negotiations. I think it hurt or had no effect, because why would anyone cite an overpaid QB as a reason to overpay Alex (and Baalke is a stickler anyway)?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth he has only thrown 6 INTs since that Eagles game, to 29 TDs. Not counting the playoffs.

I'm sure he turned the corner as a player, to the point where he doesn't go out there thinking he has to make something happen every time he throws the ball... but the entire team turned the corner too which allows him to be the guy who can avoid risky throws.

Maybe more importantly, the team was behind Alex and they let him know that... like VD getting Smith to talk to Singletary to keep him in the game. The team didn't let Alex be the fall guy when a stadium of fans demanded he take the blame. That has to change who you are as a player too, when your teammates stick up for you.

Another observation as well is that this team loves their head coach, and they play hard for them, similar to that family type of atmosphere the Niners had during the 80's when everyone really enjoyed playing for Eddie D. Seriously, you have a coach who absolutely raves about Alex Smith when nobody else did in addition to making those high praises about Diva, err, Crabtree. These guys as well as the whole team are buying into this system and it's showing. A lot of players who had much potential are finally putting it together the way a great teacher can get the most from his students in a gifted program is essentially what you are seeing here with the team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Turning Point Sneak Peek

One of my favorite sport shows when they cover the 9ers and this week they did the Saints game and more specifically CK.

A lot of unseen footage and interesting interactions CK with Harbaugh, Stately, and Moss.

Randy Moss definitely does not strike me as a player unhappy with his role and I can totally see why so many athletes hate the media.

I believe it's on again at 10pm and again on Sat at 9:30pm on the NBC sports network.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Niners are still having fun. I feel for Smith but Kaep seems to have that IT factor when it comes to his personality and how his teammates respond to him.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link- cool to see the behind the scenes with Harbs coaching up Kaep.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
New England vs San Francisco

We were basically half the show this week.

I did enjoy "coach" Moss talking with the secondary on the sidelines and I do think he had an impact on how they played Brady and the Pat's offense.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
New England vs San Francisco

We were basically half the show this week.

I did enjoy "coach" Moss talking with the secondary on the sidelines and I do think he had an impact on how they played Brady and the Pat's offense.

Good video. I knew the TD throw to Crabtree was low, but in the angle they showed in the video, it was literally inches of the ground! What a great catch.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good video. I knew the TD throw to Crabtree was low, but in the angle they showed in the video, it was literally inches of the ground! What a great catch.

To give him all the credit he is due for that catch, the low zone was one of Crabtree's worst last season - not 12 months ago he drops that pass. He has really made strides to becoming a solid possession receiver.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
49ers vs Falcons

Only the last part of it.

On the show it's 30 minutes and goes through the entire game and I highly recommend watching if you are able too.