• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to expand international series

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious solution is to bring back the NFL Europe.
I've always said NFL Europe could be a summer league to enhance the NFL gene pool but no one listens. Play during those months when we are all basically jerking off, except playing golf on Saturdays and stuff and there you have it man.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flight time NY to London 8 hours, LA to China 13 hours. So if only California teams and Seattle make the China trip they are on the plane for over 1/2 a day, start adding time for non coastal teams. China will be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the issues that can arise should any player do anything against China law.

The laws might be an issue, but plenty of us drunken sailors have been visiting foreign ports for years lol. The NBA can do it, thousands of Olympians can, plenty of other athletes in all types of sports play tournaments overseas, lots of workers travel to China... I am sure they will have curfews, and not like they will be there for large amounts of down time.

The flights are an issue, which is why the single game method for now with the bye week around it seems best. I almost wonder the cost of leasing a modified 747. One where they could have sleeping bunks, meeting rooms, etc set up. If they have an interior set up like that which they could hire out for 4-5 weeks a year for these games. Figure 53 man roster, get your dozen or so positional on up coaches on that, the guys that really need the comfort, then the rest of the staff can fly commercial. Figure that's 65 people on a plane meant to carry 450+... And it won't ever be perfect, but nothing in life is.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said NFL Europe could be a summer league to enhance the NFL gene pool but no one listens. Play during those months when we are all basically jerking off, except playing golf on Saturdays and stuff and there you have it man.

Well NFL Europa was April thru June and people didn't watch that on TV. You can't push it any later into the summer, as training camps are starting up mid-July, and it does no good as a feeder league if you can't get the guys into camp (not that the NFL was actually bringing any players up in the later years of NFL Europe). Plus summer time is when people are spending more of their weekend days outdoors.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NFL Europa was April thru June and people didn't watch that on TV. You can't push it any later into the summer, as training camps are starting up mid-July, and it does no good as a feeder league if you can't get the guys into camp (not that the NFL was actually bringing any players up in the later years of NFL Europe). Plus summer time is when people are spending more of their weekend days outdoors.
It needs to be a breeding ground like dogs, think about it, NFL Europe is a perfect complement to the draft. It's a great strategy, but NFL would have to foot the bill, or kick the Bills in the ass or whatever.