• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to expand international series

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way NFL has gained international fans, they have built a great brand. But, traveling so far seems difficult for the team - maybe they could schedule games for teams that have a bye week after the overseas games?

They already do.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have all had byes after a international game. Teams likely to give up home games?

The three that are hosting..........

Oakland(because they're not too happy there)
Atlanta
Carolina
Kansas City
Miami
New Orleans
San Diego
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
Tennessee

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have all had byes after a international game. Teams likely to give up home games?

The three that are hosting..........

Oakland(because they're not too happy there)
Atlanta
Carolina
Kansas City
Miami
New Orleans
San Diego
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
Tennessee
That makes sense. Send over steaming piles of garbage, with a few exceptions, to see if the int'l crowd bites the hook.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of good comes from cross pollination.

Figure skating loving Yanks don't like hockey and want to remove fighting and we get lame shoot outs cause they want a result, etc.

Soccer came out of the closet and they get stuck with a lame shoot out too.

Yet a shit sport like baseball seems to escape all modifications (DH aside) They can play all night long and resume the next day, but heaven forbid hockey or soccer might end in a tie.....

Nope, I don't care much about spreading the NFL internationally.

Let them have their cricket and stuff and we'll closely guard pro football....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of good comes from cross pollination.

Figure skating loving Yanks don't like hockey and want to remove fighting and we get lame shoot outs cause they want a result, etc.

Soccer came out of the closet and they get stuck with a lame shoot out too.

Yet a shit sport like baseball seems to escape all modifications (DH aside) They can play all night long and resume the next day, but heaven forbid hockey or soccer might end in a tie.....

Nope, I don't care much about spreading the NFL internationally.

Let them have their cricket and stuff and we'll closely guard pro football....

Lots of Americans love hockey. But it's regional.

Canadian fans (those not as old as dirt) like shootouts now too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Americans love hockey. But it's regional.

Canadian fans (those not as old as dirt) like shootouts now too.

Chets maybe.

I think they like 3 on 3 OT and are still not on the shootout side, except for maybe the nose pickers just starting to watch.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they'd quit crossing not just boarders but oceans too to play this game. Let England, Germany and Mexico keep soccer and Canada hockey.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can start plating the probowl omarine the globe, we don't care about that game anyway.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if one of those countries went NFL crazy I am sure the Vikes would be beating down the league office's door to be the first to play there....even with a new stadium opening up this year. Just makes sense.

The NFL, whether we as fan's like it or not, is a business. And if our home team thinks they can make a good buck and establish a new market by playing in one of these games, they will happily do that even if it means giving up a home game.

Revenue from home games stopped being the majority revenue source for NFL teams A LONG time ago.

The Mariners are similar to those teams that host games in London, largely irrelevant and desperate for any kind of exposure.

Not to mention their owner and the entire ownership group live in Japan. I'm pretty sure Yamauchi died having never seen a Mariners game at Safeco.

And home games are incredibly valuable in the NFL. A home win or loss could very well be the difference in your season if you're a competitor. There's a reason why the Jags are in London for home games, and not the Pats (though the Pats have a strong following in the UK).

If Seattle was struggling to win games and sell tickets, then yes they would go to Japan if the demand was strong. Because those are the types of teams that follow that strategy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chets maybe.

I think they like 3 on 3 OT and are still not on the shootout side, except for maybe the nose pickers just starting to watch.

Nope, they've done focus groups on this out the wazoo. Canadians have grown to love the shootout. The approval figure sits between 70 and 80 %.

You're getting old Hank.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they'd quit crossing not just boarders but oceans too to play this game. Let England, Germany and Mexico keep soccer and Canada hockey.

Canada hasn't owned hockey for over 2 decades now. Read a paper.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in results in the NHL, no.
Oh I just realized, your a bitter Calgary Fan. I remember when the Flames were good, of course I was drunk way more than I was sober back then.

GO BRUINS :suds:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not bitter at all. Small market team, Canadian dollar. It is what it is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind if my team plays out of the country. I just don't want them playing home games out of the country. But the teams that do are teams that have trouble selling tickets at home so I understand the appeal for them to a. Guarantee a sell out, b. Be nationally televised, and c. Establish a foreign fanbase, like you said.
I would hate it. Have you tried watching games live from overseas? Depending on where you live it sucks. For a game to start at 8pm east coast 5 pm west coast on Thursday night, a game in Germany woulld eed to start at 1 am local. Same scenarion for games starting in China (Beijing) it's + 15 hours from Pacific standard time. So either when in the states you're up way too early or late for Thursday night games. Or they would start have to start at a ridiculous times in Germany/China. Same thing happens when you're overseas trying to watch NFL games live. Just look at the issues the Olympics have trying to televise popular events to meet prime time.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting old Hank.

And you are a one trick pony.....

Desperately seeking your point?

The only people who respond to polls as you suggest are Chets and nosepickers.....

Last edited: