• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to consider banning goal post dunks

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well ban those ridiculous first down celebrations that receivers always do.

Now those I do not like....especially when their team is out of the game. Roy Williams used to do that stupid shit when the Lions were down by 4 TDs in the 4th quarter. Keep the goal post dunk though. They're fine and they're funny when they miss or come up short. If they screw up the goalposts eject them as someone already posted.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejecting them would effectively end the problem. There would be a lot of pressure by coaches and teammates to not dunk on the goal post, if doing so would leave the team short handed.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3 yard catch on 3 and 15 is perfectly legitimate grounds to take a dump on the field in representation of how poorly the defender played against you. :thumb:
Are we talking literal or figurative dumpage?

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejecting them would effectively end the problem. There would be a lot of pressure by coaches and teammates to not dunk on the goal post, if doing so would leave the team short handed.

I think ejections are over the top for excessive celebration penalties, but more players should be ejected for particularly egregious personal fouls or for fighting.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it? Quit watching, buying and/or attending.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ejections are over the top for excessive celebration penalties, but more players should be ejected for particularly egregious personal fouls or for fighting.

I agree, ejections are over the top for celebrations. I was pointing out to the people that still want the goalpost dunks to be allowed but eject the player if he messes up the crossbar, that the threat of ejections would end the goalpost dunking anyway.

My post was in reply to Wazmankg. I should have quoted, that's my bad.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, ejections are over the top for celebrations. I was pointing out to the people that still want the goalpost dunks to be allowed but eject the player if he messes up the crossbar, that the threat of ejections would end the goalpost dunking anyway.

My post was in reply to Wazmankg. I should have quoted, that's my bad.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the rules the NFL makes for the "No Fun League" are ridiculous but this one I actually agree with.

I don't want to sit there and wait another 5-10 minutes in advertisements because some goal line crew has to come out and re-measure/adjust the goal post because some dork wants to do a dunk over the goal post, which is just stupid in and of itself.

Whenever I saw players do it I always thought, "Yah... you're cool." :rollseyes:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just have to say to some of the posts in this thread:

Overreaction.png