• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Team & Cap Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure my receivers will get the Rodney Dangerfield treatment... But I don't know how anyone can guard my receivers...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to move Riley to RCB and Taylor to NB please...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure my receivers will get the Rodney Dangerfield treatment... But I don't know how anyone can guard my receivers...

Each one of them were covered when they played no? We have groups of corners much better than most teams had when your receivers played no? Hayes and Branch are kinda the same receiver no? I would rank your receivers probably 5th or 6th of the 8 teams.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like my WRs. It's one of the top ones for sure with Carter, Fitz and Ellard. Carter was prolly the best toe tap WRs in NFL history. No one was better than him at getting his feet in on the sideline when he made a catch. Plus Fitz in his prime you could throw the ball up to him and he would go up and get it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each one of them were covered when they played no? We have groups of corners much better than most teams had when your receivers played no? Hayes and Branch are kinda the same receiver no? I would rank your receivers probably 5th or 6th of the 8 teams.

I agree that Hayes and Branch are similar... thought it would be cool to use 2 of the fastest receivers of all time on the same field... Slants and long balls would be fun... And then I have the 6'5 Plaxico... Wanted Joey Galloway to save money... But Branch is better...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter had the best hands ive ever seen and IMO it was a complete joke Michael Irvin got into the Hall before him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks Randy Moss is better than Jerry rice?? I think it was a joke, he was so cheap in this draft... Normally I would never spend a first round pick with a WR, but I think he was the best pick of this draft... Good job Nos!!!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Hayes and Branch are similar... thought it would be cool to use 2 of the fastest receivers of all time on the same field... Slants and long balls would be fun... And then I have the 6'5 Plaxico... Wanted Joey Galloway to save money... But Branch is better...

Two very fast receivers is great but they are 5'11 and 6'0 so they aren't winning many jump balls. I think both are great especially Hayes but drafting both of them was a mistake IMO.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks Randy Moss is better than Jerry rice?? I think it was a joke, he was so cheap in this draft... Normally I would never spend a first round pick with a WR, but I think he was the best pick of this draft... Good job Nos!!!

Randy Moss wasn't better than Rice but he is the 2nd best WR of all time to me. Plus you look at the cost difference Moss was a great pick.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy Hannah did Milk just say something good about my team? :faint:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speed is a great weapon, but most track guys are straight pattern runners so you just give them some cushion... It's players who are great pattern runners that hurt you the most... You must have a deep threat no doubt, but running streaks and throwing the ball as far as you can isn't the best option offensively... It's a good swing with the options you had but I'd have to agree that you have the same player in Hayes and Branch...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss wasn't better than Rice but he is the 2nd best WR of all time to me. Plus you look at the cost difference Moss was a great pick.

Moss was better in the fact teams had to game plan to try and stop him, they didn't have to do that with Rice. Moss could single handedly take over a game, Rice didn't. I have no problem with people saying Rice is the GOAT but no receiver in the history of the league scared defensive backs and defensive coordinators the way Moss did, not even close.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is a great weapon, but most track guys are straight pattern runners so you just give them some cushion... It's players who are great pattern runners that hurt you the most... You must have a deep threat no doubt, but running streaks and throwing the ball as far as you can isn't the best option offensively... It's a good swing with the options you had but I'd have to agree that you have the same player in Hayes and Branch...

Fair enough... If it hurts me, I guess it will hurt me... I do think there is a difference between getting the best speed guys and just the average ones... And Branch and Hayes were the best... I have a hard time believing they will have trouble getting open, even in the short routes... I normally love to draft a possession receiver, speed receiver and a big guy... Just went a little different this time and took 2 speed guys... Again, I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't be able to be possession guys too when defenses fear the long ball so much...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss was better in the fact teams had to game plan to try and stop him, they didn't have to do that with Rice. Moss could single handedly take over a game, Rice didn't. I have no problem with people saying Rice is the GOAT but no receiver in the history of the league scared defensive backs and defensive coordinators the way Moss did, not even close.

They didn't have to have a plan...? Maybe you're right... Maybe they didn't game plan against Rice so he killed them every game every year... The best.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Hannah did Milk just say something good about my team? :faint:

well, that doesn't mean I will vote for your team... I do have problems with it... As I have some problems with all teams including mine...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have to have a plan...? Maybe you're right... Maybe they didn't game plan against Rice so he killed them every game every year... The best.

How do you game plan for someone who just runs great routes and has QB's who hit him in the numbers on every pass? If I was starting a team and could choose prime Rice or prime Moss I choose Moss 100 times out of 100

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what makes football interesting... Jerry Rice is seen to be the best Receiver by many, but is it because he had the best QB ever throwing to him?? Or is Montana the best QB because he had the best receiver to throw to?? Maybe a little of both... But the one thing is Randy Moss had good QBs, but he only had one HOF QB throwing to him and that is brady... WHile Rice had a HOF QB throwing to him for most of his career...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was great because of the QB's not the other way around. Would he still be great if he played in Cleveland his entire career sure but his numbers would not be even close to where they are.

Montana, Young, Garcia, Gannon >>>>>> Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Andrew Walter, Tom Brady

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on Stoke