• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Sells Thrusday nite partial package

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw they have sold off 8 games on thursday nite......Really I dont care if on NFL network or CBS....although with CBS we will have to listen to Phil freaking Simms......but the big thing here...they have paid in excess of 200Mil for those 8 games next year.....I saw something saying it could boost the 2015 cap by 7 mil a team. this would be nice for us.......but for the Steelers, and Cowboys, etc..teams with continually tight caps, gives them more wiggle room.

I have said the cap penalty that hit us....it hurt...Big time, but was really a good thing...It got us fiscally responsible, and Allen/ Shannahan, did things the right way, by not redoing contracts and pushing money out...(see Jerry jones) but knowing that in 2015 we will have that extra little boost when it comes time to redo some contracts or give rak a new deal if he is franchised certainly wont hurt.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw they have sold off 8 games on thursday nite......Really I dont care if on NFL network or CBS....although with CBS we will have to listen to Phil freaking Simms......but the big thing here...they have paid in excess of 200Mil for those 8 games next year.....I saw something saying it could boost the 2015 cap by 7 mil a team. this would be nice for us.......but for the Steelers, and Cowboys, etc..teams with continually tight caps, gives them more wiggle room.

I have said the cap penalty that hit us....it hurt...Big time, but was really a good thing...It got us fiscally responsible, and Allen/ Shannahan, did things the right way, by not redoing contracts and pushing money out...(see Jerry jones) but knowing that in 2015 we will have that extra little boost when it comes time to redo some contracts or give rak a new deal if he is franchised certainly wont hurt.

Yep. You also have to remember that not everyone has the NFL Network so that is a plus and also helps explains the additional revenue.