• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scouts: Jameis Has Football IQ of Peyton Manning

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy SoCal!

I think Robert needs to understand he should put his finger in someone's belt loop. May not be the true definition for a life coach, but the boy needs guidance and advise that he's currently not getting from his camp. Bob was coddled like most of these guys since walking the high school hallways, but adversity comes to all these guys at some point and how that's handled says plenty about the person and player. RG3 has failed greatly to this point on all aspects. Responding on tweeter? Really? What the hell is this guy thinking responding to Joe public? Adversity hit Bob in the Seattle playoff game and to my surprise...he been a little bitch with no clue how to pull up his big boy pants. It remains a circus in DC and I'm shocked Bob has a huge role.

Hope all is well Pday. I hear your pt. However - simply posting on Twitter is no big deal & guys like R. Wilson do it way more than RG3. The problem is being so sensitive about everything. I suppose he could be helped somewhat in that area, but the real problem is his on-the-field play & shortcomings with fundamentals. If he progresses in that area he can post on social media on a regular basis for all I care.

Also - expect some of that circus atmosphere in DC to disappear with the new GM who is no nonsense. If they encounter similar results to the last few seasons expect RG3, Gruden & others to be gone. This guy understands that the key is improving the team starting on the lines (a lot to learn from your team) & taking it from there. The goal is to upgrade the talent - not to impress the media nor make the biggest splashes in the offseason - time will tell.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the 40, Winston is murdering Mariota. The combine has brutal for Marcus and he looked bad in interviews. I see him as the #3 QB in the draft now and we could see a big slide.
What combine have you been watching? Your ignorance is showing.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't "hate" any athlete. Stop being dumb. And try harder with the troll because that's very beginner shit.
I think what you meant to say is that you are most likely tired of the Oregon fans gushing over MM and posts like this are actually motivated towards them. :nod:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this pretty much clinches winston going number one. Hopefully fame, fortune, and perpetual coddling, at a young age won't wreck this kid?

He might have a high football IQ but he needs to raise his emotional and maturity IQ by a couple points.

In the rookie cap era screwing up early in your career could cost you over $100 million & ruin your chance of ever seeing big money. I am guessing that Winston is well aware of this fact.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What combine have you been watching? Your ignorance is showing.

Jameis Winston started out with a decided advantage over Mariota and the combine widened that gap. Everyone on Earth outside of Duck Nation can see that. You guys never will. I understand that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before more panic and accusations of "hatred." :L

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis Winston started out with a decided advantage over Mariota and the combine widened that gap. Everyone on Earth outside of Duck Nation can see that. You guys never will. I understand that.
Win
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...e-in-combine-throwing-sessions-194733343.html

Yep. According to this link he threw the ball very well & from everything I heard his interviews went great (as you would expect since this guy appears to always say the right thing). Would be curious to see what exactly was meant by the combine being "brutal" for Mariota.
thats what I'm saying. I'm not naive to think that Mariota threw better than Winston. But he did throw well and both were head and shoulders overall than the rest of the pack.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has always been considered the FAR SUPERIOR nfl prospect based on football alone.
His NFL style Football IQ and football mechanics (for NFL style of play) are considerably greater.

All the Winston doubt has came by way of his non-football stuff.
Were it not for questionable off-field judgements (and possible ghastly criminal assault), Winston would be 10 times the prospect.

Mariota wins big in the character/maturity stuff which is equally as important.
Mariota has an unassailable resume of high class behavior.

It is the classic dilemna:

Winston has upside that could amount to superstar play...or a flameout gone in 3 seasons.
Mariota has far more limited upside, but will at worst stick around for 10 years as a backup.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is going #1 and I don't think there is any doubt about that. Jason La Cafora was reporting that yesterday and it's kind of obvious.

MM? Might be a long night in the green room for him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who picks Mariota before round 5 is making a mistake. The dude have very little chance of making it in the NFL.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS they are just being PC. He's so stupid :hellno:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe Winston wont piss down his legs in big games. Enough of the Favre/Peyton types

Heyyyyy Somny forget about it... U talking about the 1 game he lost or the others he won including a national championship?

And don't forget.. WITH a proper inflated ball. :suds:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Petty over MM.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, the Rams still suck :thumb:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex you're getting off topic my man. Rams beat Seattle too Btw. ;)

Rex can you break 90 on a traditional golf course with your balls inflated properly and without using the eraser on your pencil?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has always been considered the FAR SUPERIOR nfl prospect based on football alone.
His NFL style Football IQ and football mechanics (for NFL style of play) are considerably greater.

All the Winston doubt has came by way of his non-football stuff.
Were it not for questionable off-field judgements (and possible ghastly criminal assault), Winston would be 10 times the prospect.

Mariota wins big in the character/maturity stuff which is equally as important.
Mariota has an unassailable resume of high class behavior.

It is the classic dilemna:

Winston has upside that could amount to superstar play...or a flameout gone in 3 seasons.
Mariota has far more limited upside, but will at worst stick around for 10 years as a backup.

Exactly. Some people don't seem to get this, amazingly enough. No one disputes that Winston has Big Ben style potential as a pocket passer in the NFL. The issues with him are primarily off the field, maturity questions. A person can be football smart and still be an immature, entitled jerk. This appears to be Jameis Winston to a T.

The question for teams is, do we think this guy will mature, and keep his nose clean once he gets paid millions? It's a tough question.

Regarding Mariota, I think people who consider him a 5th round prospect are either trolls or dumb. He may not be the pocket passer that Winston is, but in a weak QB draft, in a league where roughly half the teams are searching for a starting QB, he is clearly a first round prospect.

He may not be for everyone, but when you consider the way NFL offense is becoming more like college with spread concepts and running QBs, a sizable number of teams could use a guy like Mariota. Heck, the Cardinals drafted Logan Thomas, who cannot throw a football, in the fourth round of last year's draft, based on his athleticism and raw upside.

Someone will take this guy top 10, and yes, worst case scenario is that he is a career backup because he is a boy scout who will work hard and not get into trouble. The question for teams with him is, can he translate, not whether he will totally flame out and end up on TMZ every day.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyyyyy Somny forget about it... U talking about the 1 game he lost or the others he won including a national championship?

And don't forget.. WITH a proper inflated ball. :suds:

I'm a Seminole fan because of Bobby Bowden. I loved when he spanked that cry baby , run up the score on Div 2 teams Spurrier. The days with Deion Sander, Charlie Ward, Pooh Richardson and Derrick Brooks. I wasnt knocking your guy , but the other 2 guys. I have no clue what your inflated ball shit means anyways