• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scouting Combine notes

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Female will compete at regional combine for first time

This woman is competing for a spot as a kicker, so it's not as far fetched as any other position. Still is a long shot, but most soccer players who didn't play in college as a football player would be a long shot.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta be friggn' kidding me. And I thought Tim Tebow was a walking circus sideshow.

:rolleyes2:

Oh, this is just the NFL's pre-emptive invite to avoid lawsuits from women claiming sexual discrimination. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh, this is just the NFL's pre-emptive invite to avoid lawsuits from women claiming sexual discrimination. ;)

That's beyond an extreme case of lawsuit protection though. Have some balls NFL! You bunch of dorks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's beyond an extreme case of lawsuit protection though. Have some balls NFL! You bunch of dorks.

That's the problem; the NFL wants their players to physically have balls and they have systematically discriminated against anyone who does not. They have denied equal opportunity for female athletes to employ themselves in a manner equal toe their male counterparts in the field of athletic competitive sports. In the spirit of the Rooney Rule, every team should have to dedicate at least one draft pick to a female athlete. The 53 shall still be determined based upon merit, but the opportunity must be afforded to both genders, not exclusive to men.

I'm just kidding with the whole thing. For the record, my mention of lawsuit prevention was a joke, too. I don't think anyone would think that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To throw, or not to throw, at combine
February, 20, 2013 8:41AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

To throw, or not to throw, that is the question at hand for the 16 young quarterbacks who will attend this week's combine. We already know that USC's Matt Barkley won't throw; instead, opting to rest his shoulder until his pro day. Kansas State's Collin Klein will take the other route, though, according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora.

"Kansas State QB Collin Klein will be throwing and doing all drills at the combine. Will be interesting to see which guys boost their stock," he tweeted late Tuesday evening.

Players will begin arriving for the combine today, though they won't begin the workouts until Saturday. ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton thinks that most of the QB hopefuls in this year's class need to follow Klein's plan in order to improve their draft value:

Jon Clayton
QBs and Te'o have much to prove
"Normally, agents instruct the top quarterbacks at a combine to wait until their pro days to throw. Agents prefer that their top quarterbacks have more control over their auditions. Throwing at his own school to his college receivers gives the quarterback the best opportunity to shine. But the quarterback class of 2013 doesn't have that luxury. These quarterbacks keep hearing that their ratings may not merit first-round selection. This group is smart, though. Most of the 16 quarterbacks are thinking about doing all the drills. Geno Smith of West Virginia and Ryan Nassib of Syracuse have said they will throw Sunday. They need to do that. Matt Barkley of Southern California, who won't throw, couldn't play in the Senior Bowl because of a shoulder injury, but the quarterbacks did so poorly at the Senior Bowl that Mel Kiper thought Barkley's stock improved the most. Yes, the others played that poorly. Smith didn't help himself by not attending the Senior Bowl, but he has a chance to shoot up the draft boards if he can wow teams. Mike Glennon of North Carolina State and Tyler Wilson of Arkansas need to be more consistent to persuade teams to take them in the first round."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid has potential to be a stud for real. However, I've said this several times in the past in this thread that if he checks out at 6'3 indeed, then he would cement himself as my #2 rated WR in this draft behind Patterson. Right now I have Austin slightly ahead of him. For a guy who is allegedly 6'3, man does he move well. Very interested to see his forty and shuttle time:

2013 NFL draft - Who could surprise at the NFL combine? - ESPN

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This kid has potential to be a stud for real. However, I've said this several times in the past in this thread that if he checks out at 6'3 indeed, then he would cement himself as my #2 rated WR in this draft behind Patterson. Right now I have Austin slightly ahead of him. For a guy who is allegedly 6'3, man does he move well. Very interested to see his forty and shuttle time:

2013 NFL draft - Who could surprise at the NFL combine? - ESPN

The word is Allen isn't going to be participating in combine activities. He's still recovering from a PCL injury and will wait until Cal's pro day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...articipate-combine-drills-160831339--nfl.html

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Strong contingent expects Ansah to go top-10
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that there's a "strong contingent of personnel types that expect (BYU DE/OLB) Ziggy Ansah to go in the top 10."

Jeremiah adds that the tape from the actual Senior Bowl game "has created a lot of buzz." The streong performance followed a very mediocre week in terms of pass rushing. "Teams that run 3-4 are drooling over Ansah as an OLB," Jeremiah says. "Less mayhem, allows him to see/go." We think Ansah can be a base left defensive end, five technique end in a three man front, or stand up linebacker due to his outstanding closing speed.

Man I would love to see him in a 9ers uni. It would require a major trade up though to steal him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Steuber:

Spoke w/#NCST DB David Amerson tonight. He'll do a full workout at the Combine & expects to run a "4.4 (40) at the worst; 4.3 at the best."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Steuber:

Spoke w/#NCST DB David Amerson tonight. He'll do a full workout at the Combine & expects to run a "4.4 (40) at the worst; 4.3 at the best."

That's my dude right there. I hope that he is right. I'll be cheering him on.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pressure on Te'o at combine
February, 20, 2013 2:25PM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Notre Dame NFL prospect Manti Te'o told USA Today that he doesn't think his off-field issues should affect his draft status.

"I have to just go out there and perform and all that other stuff is behind me," he said Monday. "What I did on the field is what I did on the field. I don't think what I did with this whole situation, I don't understand how it takes away from what I did on the field.

"As far as my stock dropping or rising, that's not up to me. The only thing I have to do is just do well, run fast, just be myself, be quick."

Certainly his performance in combine drills this weekend will play a critical role in where he ends up being taken in the draft, but so, too, will his interviews, Wonderlic Test, and even his press conference:

John Clayton
QBs and Te'o have much to prove

"Last year, Robert Griffin III held the most impressive combine news conference I've witnessed in 23 years of covering the combine. He was engaging, personable and smart. Griffin showed great poise in answering questions and handled football questions intelligently. Te'o will be holding one of the most important news conferences in combine history. During Notre Dame's undefeated regular season, Te'o often discussed the death of his girlfriend. But it turns out she never existed. Te'o now describes it as an online-only relationship and says he was the victim of a hoax. He will have to answer the national media's questions about what happened and address it with every team in interviews. Most people believe his draft stock won't drop because of the incident, but that could change if he doesn't handle the combine well."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daniel Jeremiah:

I'm told Alabama OT DJ Fluker checked in at 339 lbs today. He was 355 at the Sr Bowl.

No, this isn't surprising. Alot of players come in lighter for the combine. Whether or not he'll choose and be able to keep himself down is another story.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some early weigh-in numbers. Once an official full list is posted I'll post one.

Jonathan Cooper - 6'2 1/8. 311 lbs.
Eric Fisher - 6'7 1/4. 306 lbs. 34 1/2 inch arm.
Manase Foketi - 339 lbs.
Luke Joeckel - 6'6 even. 306 lbs. 34 1/4 inch arm.
Lane Johnson - 6'6 even. 303 lbs.
Chance Warmack - 6'2 even. 317 lbs. 34 3/4 inch arm
Menelik Watson - 6'5 1/8. 310 lbs. 34 inch arm